Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Stunning Lap

Came across this onboard lap or Robert Kubica at the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix and I must say it is an incredible lap, one of the best I've ever seen around Monaco and such a shame that he had to leave f1 as it clearly shows that he can drive. Phenomenal is all I can say, the Renault is working quite well for him in the clip, front end turning in very nicely but still an incredible lap.

Yeah I posted that clip on another thread the other day, I beleive that was the fastest ever lap recorded in terms of average speed around the circuit. You think that was a good era? IMO f1 has never been the same since the massive overhaul in 1998. Since then, they have failed to deliver on several things and just ruined the sport with so many regulations. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah I posted that clip on another thread the other day, I beleive that was the fastest ever lap recorded in terms of average speed around the circuit. You think that was a good era? IMO f1 has never been the same since the massive overhaul in 1998. Since then, they have failed to deliver on several things and just ruined the sport with so many regulations. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I know i saw that video somewhere! Thanks for that!

By '' great era '' i meant much better than today! Loud and fast cars, good tyres! Schumi, Alonso Kimi, Montoya ...

No Vettel! :D

It was good!

Not so many restrictions!

Well atleast the cars were bloody quick and required some sort of large balls to attempt to drive them fast.

I remember one lap that was unbelievably fast but the cameras/director missed it all but the very end. Sub 1:29 Suzuka by Schumacher.

Here's another stunning lap, this one by Ayrton Senna at Jerez in 1990.

Just watch when he passes two slower cars in the middle of the lap, no hesitation, the commitment and car control through every corner is outstanding.