Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Vettel Can't Be Serious?

Lesson learnt long time ago, admittedly in very painful way, that internet is really not a suitable forum in which minds are changed. In fact the other day I dared to express some doubt about a driver, and feedback I received almost immediately was at the level that is reserved for criminals of worst kind. Hiding behind a keyboard gives some people false sense of security. (I am not including in this Emmcee, who is actually quite civil compared to what I got the other day at some other place).

Yeah, have to agree with that...and quite resilient and abit stubbornlaugh.png

Yeah, have to agree with that...and quite resilient and abit stubbornlaugh.png

Lol Iam only stubborn as its my opinion, if someone can show me otherwise and it all adds up, sure I'll concider it but when I know Iam right, I'll drive it home lol. We all good brad?

Lol Iam only stubborn as its my opinion, if someone can show me otherwise and it all adds up, sure I'll concider it but when I know Iam right, I'll drive it home lol. We all good brad?

always

Sweet, well anyway, what's your take on this season? Iam not going to start sh17 or anything,just want to hear your opinion.

Merc still ahead...by I guess 0.3 - 0,4. Mclaren has improved drastically, will compete midfield. Order still 1st tier:...Merc, Ferrari (closer fight between the two)...2nd tier Williams and RBR (will keep on improving, might fight for podiums mid-year)... 3rd tier: Force India / TR..hopefully Mclaren can join them mid-year

My prediction

Yeah sounds pretty spot on to me. Mclaren have defiantly improved but I was predicting podiums, maybe that's a little to soon, but who knows, if we have one of those topsy Turvey wet weather races, they could be right up there. But I don't see any drastic improvement into the top 10 consistently probably until they return to Europe and get the first round of updates. But apparently the engine spec Mclaren are running isn't going to be the one they will run in Australia. Have you noticed the little "flashy" bits on the new Mercedes? The new front wing has the arms which attach to the wing itself moved back quite a fair bit and only about an inch if that is holding the wing. Then they have these little pods or pipes that run above the sidepods and come out the side, looks like an exhaust.

Ferrari need to sort out their reliability tho, I think what Sakae has mentioned has a element of truth to it

Teams had this issues years ago when they tried to "compress" the rear end, I can't remember which team it was but they had constant gearbox issues over it and if you can find a above picture of the 2015 and 2016 Ferrari, you'll notice that the rear of the 2016 car is a lot narrower.

Yeah sounds pretty spot on to me. Mclaren have defiantly improved but I was predicting podiums, maybe that's a little to soon, but who knows, if we have one of those topsy Turvey wet weather races, they could be right up there. But I don't see any drastic improvement into the top 10 consistently probably until they return to Europe and get the first round of updates. But apparently the engine spec Mclaren are running isn't going to be the one they will run in Australia. Have you noticed the little "flashy" bits on the new Mercedes? The new front wing has the arms which attach to the wing itself moved back quite a fair bit and only about an inch if that is holding the wing. Then they have these little pods or pipes that run above the sidepods and come out the side, looks like an exhaust.

Ric seem to share our sentiments too

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/555807/Ricciardo_sees_close_fight_behind_Mercedes_Ferrari/

Yeah I read a few days ago that Ricciardo said he wasn't even worried about Mercedes, ohh you should've heard some of the bs comments over that, "what a way to rally your troops after a crap season", "where's the team building" to me there is no arrogance or haste or malice about anything he has ever said, it being realistic and not push and aiming for something impossible and wasting time and effort, that's what I make out of it. Man I really hope Seb can rattle Lewis this season,

How good would it be if they were neck and neck? If kimi has rectified his qualifying issues then he will be right up there as well. If it came down to a classic battle like we used to see with schumi and hakkinen or to magnitude like that, I honestly beleive Lewis's state of mind is to fragile to play games Vettel would play, I beleive Vettel would win that one.