Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

It's because webber kept getting the short end of the stick as Seb was helmuts baby, nothing more evident than Turkey 2010, to publically say it was webber a fault when anyone with half a brain can see it wasn't, really hit the nail on the head, he can't do anything in the team that would remotely affect Seb, from day one they wanted him to win as proof there driver academy works, not get beaten buy a lanky lad from Australia. If webber got a decent shot would he beat Seb? Probably not but he only ever had a fair go twice and that was 09-10, as for Ricciardo, monza 2014 is where both Ricciardo and Vettel had equal chance to get one up on each other and Ricciardo dummied him in the best overtaking move of the season, even Seb had no idea what to do at that point. Even Seb said himself that Ricciardo simply did a better job than him in 2014.

That's fine and that's cool, because it's difference in opinion that allows us to debate and learn. I still have respect for your comments none the less.

To (grudgingly) please you Emmcee, Webber just now admitted that DR is faster than he ever was. How he arrived to that conclusion I am not sure.

Even though I think webber was a "half way there man" when he was on his day, he was so bloody fast and would win by over 15 seconds on most of the occasions he did win. If he had that speed as consistanly as Vettel, he could've been one of the fastest we have seen, but it comes down to consistanly and I think webber's weakness was pressure, but he paved the way for Aussies to get to Europe and to do it on what he had was amazing, I saw the story to consistently Ricciardo is faster than webber always was but when webber had one of those days, no one was faster, once again before people get there undies in a knot, it's just my opinion.

lol

kudos for trying mate

doesnt webber's comments hold any weight to you or is it because you can't admit that someone in the know how is saying something that points in my direction, lol if I posted that story you would question the source that's why I didn't post it, this is hilarious.

Vettel and MA clashed in post race interviews...

Vettel - maybe we should have chosen a different strategy...

MA - nonsense (this one was best, because we didn't have enough data about other tires)

Trouble in paradise, or one of those things which will be quickly forgotten? We are learning, that MA really hates any criticism of the team in public, justified, or not.

Maybe they should've focused more on tyre degradation in testing instead of trying to proove to people they've closed the gap to Mercedes, there defiantly closer but it looks like they simply got outplayed.

Ferrari announcement:

Our colleague James Allison has suffered the sudden loss of his beloved wife Rebecca. We at Ferrari are united with him and his family during this period of profound sorrow.

Must be something in the air, I just lost an ex girlfriend to cervical cancer.

Vettel drove the wheels of that car but it wasn't enough.

Vettel drove the wheels of that car but it wasn't enough.

Yet Autosport rated him low... (but then, they are doing it last two decades to all German drivers)

This is very strange situation now. Seb thinks that Ferrari is ready to put Mercedes under pressure, yet Horner thinks RBR is ready to put pressure on Ferrari, while Marko thinks Mercedes can lap whole field, if they want to.

I wonder if people actually talk too much.

Yet Autosport rated him low... (but then, they are doing it last two decades to all German drivers)

I never let anyone tell me what I saw, weather it be a magazine,web page or whatever, his start let alone drive was epic, if Ferrari didn't stuff up on tyre strategy, he would've won.

I never let anyone tell me what I saw, weather it be a magazine,web page or whatever, his start let alone drive was epic, if Ferrari didn't stuff up on tyre strategy, he would've won.

Now you talking

They simply under estimated tyre degradation on the Mercedes, who would think you could do 40 laps on a street circuit on medium tyres? Now you know you can.

Like I said before, they would be developing the tyre around Mercedes and everyone else has to use that, if it doesn't work as well with your chassis, that's your problem. Mercedes would be getting Pirelli more exposure and sales due to there dominance, it happened with Bridgestone and Ferrari so it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same deal there. There all in bed together. They simply need another manufacturer,pirellis are crap anyway, I would never use them again, especially all the issues it caused my skyline. Bridgestone is miles ahead in terms of performance, there superior in all areas including wear rate and trust me I've used them all.

Rumor is floating around, that Allison may take extended leave of absence (a month or more). Can anyone confirm it?

Ferrari had a bad day.There is no other way to put it. Vettel had at least 3 to 5 equipment related problems, sat over an hour in the garage instead training, yet all that Ferrari announced on their side, that Vettel committed a "small error". Blaming a driver when a result is not perfect seems to be common practice in this organization under new management.

There is a guy on the internet, who claims to know some Maranello insiders, and news isn't too good. The team, including drivers, are supposedly rather underwhelmed with this year car, smiling faces notwithstanding. I gather SM is out of the loop on this one and did not get the memo.