Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

How of this do we take? Every car had issues, it just depends if some are exposed or not.

Merc sandbagging again. Hammie pulled out over a half a second to leapfrog Nico and Vettel. And I fully believe they have more in the tank. It's quite clever really. Turn things down for the opening race, means you avoid all the press onslaught of oh great, Merc are just going to run away with it again this year, and everyones giving Ferrari a pat on the back. No wonder Nico and Hamilton were actually happy on the podium, as I suspect they where not anticipating it.

Then come race two, ok that's enough time, let's go full on destroy the other teams mode, well at least turn it up to 9 now, and bam, another front row lockout. Only it looks worse. Ferrari thought they were in with a chance, and then there comes Hamilton and puts half a second gap on them. And their Turbo issue isn't going away anytime soon. Already at race #2, I feel Ferrari are in trouble. I really hope not, but it could be a really lousy year :(

Ferrari was running detuned engines, so much I've suspected. Where this is all going is a good question, but not too many optimists on deck for this weekend.

Merc sandbagging again. Hammie pulled out over a half a second to leapfrog Nico and Vettel. And I fully believe they have more in the tank. It's quite clever really. Turn things down for the opening race, means you avoid all the press onslaught of oh great, Merc are just going to run away with it again this year, and everyones giving Ferrari a pat on the back. No wonder Nico and Hamilton were actually happy on the podium, as I suspect they where not anticipating it.

Then come race two, ok that's enough time, let's go full on destroy the other teams mode, well at least turn it up to 9 now, and bam, another front row lockout. Only it looks worse. Ferrari thought they were in with a chance, and then there comes Hamilton and puts half a second gap on them. And their Turbo issue isn't going away anytime soon. Already at race #2, I feel Ferrari are in trouble. I really hope not, but it could be a really lousy year sad.png

Mercedes think that tire temperatures are responsible for the gap.

What on the same tyre in the same conditions? How's that so?

TP is overwhelmed and delighted with Kimi's drive, yet in a page long article not a single word about the faith of Vettel's miserable weekend.

Kimi's finger slipped, which is why he drove backwards at the start? That's funny.

TP is overwhelmed and delighted with Kimi's drive, yet in a page long article not a single word about the faith of Vettel's miserable weekend.

Kimi's finger slipped, which is why he drove backwards at the start? That's funny.

happened to Kimi last year, are u really suprised?

On the Ferrari car, if they sort out their issues they can be the fastest on the racetrack

happened to Kimi last year, are u really suprised?

On the Ferrari car, if they sort out their issues they can be the fastest on the racetrack

No, I am not surprised. A few pages back I've pointed out, that MA/Allison like to talk about "driver's mistake", but very seldom if ever about equipment malfunction. That was already noted last year.

No, I am not surprised. A few pages back I've pointed out, that MA/Allison like to talk about "driver's mistake", but very seldom if ever about equipment malfunction. That was already noted last year.

Really feel for Vettel, he could have won it

Really feel for Vettel, he could have won it

It would be difficult for me cast my vote. Vettel could have good start, which could have been prelude to fight with Rosberg, but it is pointless. Could should etc. is waste of time. Kimi had a good race finish, no doubt about it. That start of his, however, I am not sure what was that all about.

Is it too soon to say that Kimi's weak points on comparative basis are:

1. Start

2. Qualifying lap speed.

He seems to be a good racer, and despite that I am not sure whether you can teach old dogs new tricks, but that start yesterday is reminiscent of something that happened I think already in the past.

Is it too soon to say that Kimi's weak points on comparative basis are:

1. Start

2. Qualifying lap speed.

He seems to be a good racer, and despite that I am not sure whether you can teach old dogs new tricks, but that start yesterday is reminiscent of something that happened I think already in the past.

You can say that of hamilton also, been struggling for years with his starts.

Vettel is one of the best qualifiers the sport has ever seen, the fact that Kimi is close gives me encouragement

Improvement in those two areas would almost certainly guarantee him an offer to extend his contract with Maranello. This way, if unchanged, it might be a toss whether he drives there in 2017. MA actually touched on subject when he was talking about Vettel's absence on the grid. Assumption he made that Vettel would had better start, and podium finish might have been different. (All conjecture, of course).

Not a great start by Kimi. Worse start by Hamilton. Two really bad starts in a row for him. And Nico now extending his win streak to #5.

Was very pleased with Kimi's driving though. Fast, agressive, clean and lovely overtakes. And there's good old Bottas having issues once again with leaving enough space. Bottas is done. He's done nothing but go backwards these past couple of years.

Good win by Nico. Good drive by GRO. Nice to see Stoffel do well. McLaren are in good hands once Alonso finally spits the dummy.

Wolff reportedly requested of the mother ship (Stuttgart) to redesign a clutch for them to fend off Ferrari on the Start line. I am however suspicious that blaming equipment is not a whole story.

Not a great start by Kimi. Worse start by Hamilton. Two really bad starts in a row for him. And Nico now extending his win streak to #5.

Was very pleased with Kimi's driving though. Fast, agressive, clean and lovely overtakes. And there's good old Bottas having issues once again with leaving enough space. Bottas is done. He's done nothing but go backwards these past couple of years.

Good win by Nico. Good drive by GRO. Nice to see Stoffel do well. McLaren are in good hands once Alonso finally spits the dummy.

Man did kimi drive well? I knew you would've liked that. As for bottas, stupid mistake on the first corner but aside from that, his racing a defending was clean and fair, to say he is done when he was fast enough to run at the front in the first stint, isn't a fair statement but each to there own. Ricciardo was fast and I just always think, if that redbull had a Ferrari or merc in the back, he would've won the first two races without a doubt IMO. The chassis is still one, if not the best out there but it's there power costing them still, not as much but it's still apparent. Grosjean again, brilliant but my biggest concern is Ferrari "throwing away" points they so valuably need now.

There is a guy on the internet, who claims to know some Maranello insiders, and news isn't too good. The team, including drivers, are supposedly rather underwhelmed with this year car, smiling faces notwithstanding. I gather SM is out of the loop on this one and did not get the memo.

Did you read this?

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/04/ferrari-suffering-pain-now-but-fixes-could-bring-mercedes-into-its-sights/

Ferrari is running detuned engines for safety reasons at the moment. True or false, I am not sure.

I thought they weren't allowed to adjust engine mapping with these fuel and engine restrictions, if they still can, it kind of defeats the purpose of fuel flow and engine restrictions.

I don't believe Sebs engine failure was down to just incorrect engine mappings in the software. It's the type of explanation that many would buy though. They have issues and I really hope they are not inherrant in their design. If so, there's another good example of what F1 sucks sh|t. Ferrari now cannot do anything about it until next year. In the past, they could get cracking and do a re-design and bring a new engine to the next race and at least try again. But now if you get something wrong, it's WRONG for the entire year or until the next major regs overhaul.

Yeah but we know they could have serious issues but aside from that, we can also see a very fast car. So I beleive it could be sorted out but on the other hand, an f1 car in recent years suffered over heating issues and such as it had a very slim rear like this years Ferrari has, so it could be just a design flaw. I just can't remember which car it was though.

I do not wish to read into it more than necessary but there could be deeper reasons why Vettel was not towing the corporate line. I think the loss of the engine in the second race was a bucket of cold water on his aspiration for WDC this year, and his anger is unleashed onto technology which is making his life difficult the third year in a row. "Knowing" him over the years, is this a happy face? Ferrari is probably not telling us all, and he knows more than he says.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/04/09/vettel-f1-should-go-back-to-normally-aspirated-engines/

150029-usa.jpg?w=750

The point being, Seb so far at Ferrari always managed to put on a brave face, regardless of circumstances. Maybe his expression is our indirect confirmation, how bad it is at the moment. It goes probably beyond personal happiness. Losing two engines in a row, causes related or not, is no joke with these regulations in place.