Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

I wonder if Russian technical apparatus let me have a copy of the private phone conversation after the race between Sergio Marchionne and Maurizio Arrivabene. It could be very educational.

Being taken out from a race is one thing, but talking about improvements, yet ending up 0.6 sec slower on each lap is another. It was 0.6 then, it is 0.6 now.

Unless Kimi was slow, where is that long waited improvement then? Even Rosberg is saying that he has to stop talking about red cars are being the threat to Mercedes.

Guys. There are 16 races left. 2 retirements for Rosberg and its game on. He can't have a perfect season. That doesnt exist

That is true, that's why I was asking is it ballsy to call rosberg favourite?

Being taken out from a race is one thing, but talking about improvements, yet ending up 0.6 sec slower on each lap is another. It was 0.6 then, it is 0.6 now.

Unless Kimi was slow, where is that long waited improvement then? Even Rosberg is saying that he has to stop talking about red cars are being the threat to Mercedes.

I tend to believe it was more the schemers at Merc who were playing up how close Ferrari where, when in reality we know that wasn't the case. It benefits Merc more as they are fearful of being beaten. They have learned from RBR when they dominated, to try to pretend that things are close. They did it last year too.

The reality is Ferrari are no closer to Merc than when they tested.

Well arivabene said raikkonen could e gone faster after his stops, it's comments like these from bosses that tick me of, how the hell would arivabene know just how much pace kimi has available to him from his computer screen? Telementary would show abit but you as a driver would know a lot more and I honestly think kimi couldn't have done any better, in fact he is lucky because if Ricciardo got through, he might have had a hard time holding onto the podium. But that's just a guess as we didn't get to see Redbull's real pace as Ricciardo had to much damage to make any effect. The early stop would've worked and pushed him up the order of the car had the performance but it just kept pushing him back.

It looked like Kimi was going near the limit of his car to me. He wasn't that far behind Hamilton at all. Maybe that's Arrivabene's issue. That Kimi wasn't able to leapfrog Hamilton due to his water pressue issue. But he got the maximum. How can you get more than the maximum?

Nope, I also think kimi drove the balls of that car but, if that was Vettel he would have praised that drive.

On a subject of praise - in China, if I recall, Vettel at one point was 15th, yet end up 2nd, and how much praise did he receive? His achievement was suppressed in favor of discussion what happened on the first lap. In fact, I think people across fan spectrum focus more on his criticism, that praising his all achievement. Never enough for me. I have no problem with Kimi at all, just to be clear.

From telemetry, I think race engineer knows a position of your throttle, and what you are doing with a steering wheel, brakes, and bunch of other stuff. I have seen these comparative analyses of driving styles many times before. These things are pretty rudimentary these days. Unfortunately, today it seems about more maintaining the gap to the car behind, than catching the one ahead, especially if that equipment is Mercedes. In Schumacher times, his Ferrari spec would have allowed hunting Rosberg right up to the Finish line, hoping his car fails, or he will make a mistake.

Kimi also got hectic understeer from trying a move on Bottas that made it easier for Hamilton to pass...

and to be honest guys, I agree with Arrivabene on this, Kimi looked lacklustre... I don't know if it was because of the type of circuit that does'nt suit him, or that he just gave up after Rosberg opened up a significant lead being stuck behind Bottas. And his defense of 2nd place was just poor, bloody poor after the restart, after he himself made a good move to gain that place on the opening lap. He needs to learn to warm his tyres up better on the laps before the safety car comes in!

Kimi also got hectic understeer from trying a move on Bottas that made it easier for Hamilton to pass...

and to be honest guys, I agree with Arrivabene on this, Kimi looked lacklustre... I don't know if it was because of the type of circuit that does'nt suit him, or that he just gave up after Rosberg opened up a significant lead being stuck behind Bottas. And his defense of 2nd place was just poor, bloody poor after the restart, after he himself made a good move to gain that place on the opening lap. He needs to learn to warm his tyres up better on the laps before the safety car comes in!

I was disappointed to see Kimi loose the place after the restart, but in the scheme of things he was racing Bottas and never the Mercs. With that he beat Bottas nicely, so it can't really be a disapointment.

But in Qualy and I guess after the retart he's not too brilliant. But then again that's why he gets more laps out of his tyres too. He doesn't thrash the crap out of them.

I don't think it was that, I simply don't think he had the pace tbh.

I think it's true what you stated Webric, Ric would've had him for breakfast

It just seems to me that the Ferrari really seemed to "bog down" coming out of corners like it's either sevre turbo lag which could be the cause of there turbo issue and it might have just been magnified on this particular circuit or there running a lot less boost to compensate for this suspect turbo issue thingy. Did anyone else notice this or just me?

Well if that's the case it would create massive lag and explain the "bog down" look coming out of corners that I saw on the weekend. I know myself with my wrx, if I turn the boost up, the lag is shocking compared to if I run it around stock and that's just of a "normal" sized turbo, so if there running an over sized or one to big, that would case massive differences in what your overal power output will be let alone your acceleration times and such, easy to say yeah that's what it would be but if it is because it's to big, then the lag would be shocking. Because of the regulations, they can't just change the turbo and go test it but an issue can kill your season when it could be a simple fix and in the past would rectify the issue and you would gain ground and be slightly more competitive, now it's over before it begins if there is an issue that can't be fixed under regulations due to engine freezes. This circuit also could be the circuit that highlights the issue, maybe it wasn't as noticeable at last circuits but I swear kimi was boost lagging and bogging down coming out of corners and turbo lag doesn't really sound any different so from the outside you won't really tell, unless bog down is significant but in the car you can as your not really moving as quick as you should be, once boost comes in your sweet but, but it's maintaining the boost for as long as you can otherwise you will bog down and maybe that's there issue right there? This then causes other components to over heat and over work and if done constantly, will lead to failure. It's a possibility don't you think?

The Ferrari's aren't anywhere near the pace of the Mercs. It's quite possible Vettel and Kimi are overdriving their cars out of sheer will power and Chi. I mean that hoax worked for Alonso for years, why not the boys in red I say?

The Ferrari's aren't anywhere near the pace of the Mercs. It's quite possible Vettel and Kimi are overdriving their cars out of sheer will power and Chi. I mean that hoax worked for Alonso for years, why not the boys in red I say?

This works only with Vettel. As soon as he wins, all British sources declare Ferrari (RB or TR) as the best car, however, as soon as he looses, it was all him and his errors. Autosport usually rated him for Grand Chelem at 9/10. One point deduction for not being British.

Vettel got no love in the last race in China with a fantastic drive to come back. Some sites even gave driver of the day to Kvyat.

The Brit press love Hamilton of course. When he wins it's all him, when he doesn't it's dun dun dunnnnnnnn! It's a conspiracy!

Yet when when Nico wins it's the car lol, same for Vettel. Oh and when Alonso wins it's never the car, it's always his willpower and magnitude to overdrive a crap car.

I was disappointed to see Kimi loose the place after the restart, but in the scheme of things he was racing Bottas and never the Mercs. With that he beat Bottas nicely, so it can't really be a disapointment.

But in Qualy and I guess after the retart he's not too brilliant. But then again that's why he gets more laps out of his tyres too. He doesn't thrash the crap out of them.

If Vettel did'nt have his accident I'de likely to bet either Vettel or Dan would've overtaken him, or both. He would've ended off the podium. Maybe he just drove within himself, he was struggling with the setup all throught the weekend. and he really need to find a way to get heat into his tyres quicker, his conservative style is really killing his chances at restarts and qualy

In an article, The race in 6 points, author referred to Kimi as napping (actual words were sleeping). I wonder what was expected of him, considering what he was against to.

Bs, kimi this season so far has been leaps and bounds ahead of kimi last season and that's coming from someone who isn't really a fan of his. His issue was qualify, it would ruin or make his race a lot harder come Sunday and make results harder for him to achieve. But this season he has solved his qually issues and BAM!!! He's at the front and driving the car basically in the maximum, kimi is doing just fine and it's all hype like monkey said, race 4 and were talking about it already why? If he was not doing his job, fair enough but IMO kimi is getting the most he can from the car and Ferrari have possibly the strongest lineup in the sport, all smoke and mirrors IMO.

Agree. Stoic Finlander is pretty much, quietly, doing his job best that he can.

He is and bet you like a million bucks his Ferrari isn't exactly like seb's either, so he is defiantly doing his job, more so if you look at this time last year, I don't know what more Ferrari want, him to win races? Vettel isn't even doing that ATM so I can't see where the issue lies with kimi and this sudden urge for replacement, if Ferrari did that and didn't get Ricciardo, they would fall further than now, Ricciardo IMO is probably the only driver out there possible of doing a better job than kimi IMO and with him locked away, you gotta stay with kimi, he wants to stay so why not? But I seriously think it's a lag issue with there turbo which is overheating other components.

Ah don't go starting with the different cars thing again WebRic. The cars are the same, setup and other things pertaining to their strengths, those a different. For once, I agreed with Lauda when he lost it when Ted Kravitz asked him about this "conspiracy" nonsense.

Kimi is doing way better than last year. Not sure why Ferrari are not happy, but it's possible they are perfectly happy. The reality is once again we are faced wtih Kimi is going to be replaced BS from the Brit press. Follow the motivations here. Someone is clearly feeding crap to the media, and it might not even be Ferrari that are doing it.

Kimi fans have been dealing with this nonense for years now. You learn to ignore it, but it doesn't mean you like it. Let the mean drive, leave him alone!

Ferrari will not have a car to challenge Merc this year unless Merc have a car failure and then they can capitalize. Merc have been doing the misinformation show trying to talk up Ferrari to take off the focus on how dominant they really are.