Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Alonso is now believing in replacing Ferrari on the podium. "There is no reason for us not to be in P2 or P3".

Nothing is out of a question, but this would send shock waves through Ferrari organization. I wonder, however, how much of this on his part are sour grapes, and how much is a reality in perceiving Ferrari as weak. The tone of dismissiveness is unmistakenable.

The Emporer is deluded if he thinks McLaren can get podiums now. But he's paid to be optimistic, to present the team in a positive manner as well as drive for them.

But we all know perfectly well it's not going to happen. The reality is he's been trying to get a seat at RBR and Merc for years now. That has to do ones head on completely when apparently the "greatest" talen of his generation cannot get a seat in one of the top teams.

McLaren is where he will stay until he either retires of moves back to Renault. Why? Because he's going to be so beatdown he'll just remember the "good old days" and think they love him more and life will be happier. If you haven't noticed, he seeems to move teams when he no longer feels loved. Which is funny because when he left Renault the first time he was again deluded thinking they were sabotaging him from winning the WDC.

The Emporer is deluded if he thinks McLaren can get podiums now. But he's paid to be optimistic, to present the team in a positive manner as well as drive for them.

But we all know perfectly well it's not going to happen. The reality is he's been trying to get a seat at RBR and Merc for years now. That has to do ones head on completely when apparently the "greatest" talen of his generation cannot get a seat in one of the top teams.

McLaren is where he will stay until he either retires of moves back to Renault. Why? Because he's going to be so beatdown he'll just remember the "good old days" and think they love him more and life will be happier. If you haven't noticed, he seeems to move teams when he no longer feels loved. Which is funny because when he left Renault the first time he was again deluded thinking they were sabotaging him from winning the WDC.

Well, read the public letter to fans issued by Brackley to calm down waters because of Hamilton. I watch the F1 for a while, but I haven't seen anything like that until today. I think this pampering to the ego of a couple of drivers is unreal.

Ah don't go starting with the different cars thing again WebRic. The cars are the same, setup and other things pertaining to their strengths, those a different. For once, I agreed with Lauda when he lost it when Ted Kravitz asked him about this "conspiracy" nonsense.

Kimi is doing way better than last year. Not sure why Ferrari are not happy, but it's possible they are perfectly happy. The reality is once again we are faced wtih Kimi is going to be replaced BS from the Brit press. Follow the motivations here. Someone is clearly feeding crap to the media, and it might not even be Ferrari that are doing it.

Kimi fans have been dealing with this nonense for years now. You learn to ignore it, but it doesn't mean you like it. Let the mean drive, leave him alone!

Ferrari will not have a car to challenge Merc this year unless Merc have a car failure and then they can capitalize. Merc have been doing the misinformation show trying to talk up Ferrari to take off the focus on how dominant they really are.

Are you that naive that you think everyone is equal? Ffs even when you play career mode on f1 2010 if your not the number one driver, your upgrades come later than the number one driver, you have to perform better if you want the number one spot and parts before your teammate, heck I recently restarted my career on that game and started with lotus and the mechanic said to me before the Monaco GP "a new aero package has been uprgraded on jarno's car, it should filter down to you in a couple of races".I can't beleive everyone here thinks that every car is the same. It's been like this for as long as I can remember, even when schumi was at Ferrari his car was different to his teammates, even as far back as 1994 as Verstappen drove schumi's Benetton and said it was night and day compared to his own. What's all that about then monkey? You need to do some more research buddy.

Well, read the public letter to fans issued by Brackley to calm down waters because of Hamilton. I watch the F1 for a while, but I haven't seen anything like that until today. I think this pampering to the ego of a couple of drivers is unreal.

I did chuckle at that. I also dont' recall another team issuing such a statement. RBR never did when the boo brigade was hounding him. Or when Webber was falsely crying sabotage.

Hamilton is full on spaz mode it seems. Demanding answers. I don't honestly think he's ever had a really bad season. One full of engine failures, car failures, people hitting him and the year just not going good at all. I mean he's had all that, but not on a consistant basis. ANd it shows because his next WDC on a platter with no other competition from the other teams is crumbling.

Kimi is doing way better than last year. Not sure why Ferrari are not happy, but it's possible they are perfectly happy. The reality is once again we are faced wtih Kimi is going to be replaced BS from the Brit press. Follow the motivations here. Someone is clearly feeding crap to the media, and it might not even be Ferrari that are doing it.

I think it has to do with his attitude as well. Vettel was more angry when Kimi got taken out of track than Kimi himself. Of course I cannot judge that, maybe he was raging inside, but when you have a driver who is all out there and showing passion and all these italian reactions *lol*, it is kinda hard to deal with Kimi and his lack of expression. He was never what I'd expect for a Ferrari driver (they should've known that when they hired him), but since he is their last world champion, I guess they will have to put up with it.

Alonso is now believing in replacing Ferrari on the podium. "There is no reason for us not to be in P2 or P3".

Alonso has been saying he will be world champion again every year since his last title, which was over 10 years ago. P2 is him being a little bit more down to Earth than expected.

Now serious, what else could he say? If he criticizes the team, he is in trouble. It's that or keeping his mouth shut, which was never his style.

Exactly my point I've been trying to get across for ages now. All these people going "alonso has rocks in his head" yet I've said no matter how bad it is, he has to stay positive for the media.

In Sochi Vettel started the race, and by virtue of that he equaled the number of the 161 F1 starts with Senna on the anniversary of his accident.

I didn't realize Marchionne has the sense of humor. He's entertaining troops by having changed tactics, and, for now, it is not anymore slogan first and only Ferrari deserves WCC, but, our drivers deserve 2016 WDC (and should Ferrari get by default also WCC, so be it). Good stuff, Sergio. Kimi is of course (100-43)= 57 points behind, and Seb (100-33)= 67 (after 4 races; pitiful, really). I wonder if this situation at some point will convert into team orders for him to support Kimi. I hope Seb will pull ahead, but who really can say what MA and SM will do? I am not totally sold on general belief, that Seb is their man. What I believe is, that Ferrari is their thing, and (any) people do come second.

I didn't realize Marchionne has the sense of humor. He's entertaining troops by having changed tactics, and, for now, it is not anymore slogan first and only Ferrari deserves WCC, but, our drivers deserve 2016 WDC (and should Ferrari get by default also WCC, so be it). Good stuff, Sergio. Kimi is of course (100-43)= 57 points behind, and Seb (100-33)= 67 (after 4 races; pitiful, really). I wonder if this situation at some point will convert into team orders for him to support Kimi. I hope Seb will pull ahead, but who really can say what MA and SM will do? I am not totally sold on general belief, that Seb is their man. What I believe is, that Ferrari is their thing, and (any) people do come second.

Way to early for that, Kimi still has to up his qualifying as he's about 0.2 - 0.3 off Vettel. Has improved, but Vettel still faster.

I understand your point, Brad, but since lag is too large, this might very well necessitate placing resources thrust behind a single driver. Taking points one from the other might end up in tears by year end, and no satisfaction. I could be of course wrong, and they may leave it as is.

Besides a string of failures and bad luck, there car isn't to bad concidering the ground they have made last year, just say both of the mechanical issues would've netted a podium each time as no doubt it would've, they've lost 30 points to merc already and where 4 races in.

There is nowhere written, that (i) reliability issues will not resurface, and (ii) later in the year they will run out of engines, and drivers will be at a disadvantage on the grid. It's now or not this year for them, such is the sense of urgency IMO.

We will se tupac come back before that happens bro. You rekon kimi would ever go back to Mclaren if Ferrari let him go for what ever reason?

He said he would be open to driving for other teams, but maybe things have changed now.

nah, Ferrari is his last team, I do think he'll do another year, after 2017 retire

Kimi will stay as long as they do not annoy him too much or don't just kick him out. He wants to go there, race, go home.

Yep if he keeps performing how he is, he will be able to decide and not the team, that's concidering no better option become available in the near future which doesn't seem to be. I could see him at haas or even teaming up with Bottas to create a Finnish super team at Williams? Or even back to Mclaren if button leaves? Would they pick kimi over stoffel?