Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

I am not so sure; Minttu is after calling Kimi her husband, so, this summer Kimi is getting married, which might mean something to him beyond F1 values. (I wonder if their friends Seb and Hanna will copy cats that).

Wonder if Seb will go to the wedding? How real is this "friendship"?

Driver's private life should perhaps remain so, but since you ask, time permitting, Seb was at "Kimi's place" several times already. There are no indication I would know off, that a rapture exists.

Wonder what they do? Get drunk, play video games, watch movies. Maybe they let the babies play together?

From what I could determine (only once, mind you), they went hiking, and those two talking, undisturbed...

Wonder what juicy things they would've talked about? Ohh nothing that's right because there's nothing going on in the sport that the media doesn't know about according to some here.

You can speculate, but I do not know what they were talking about. Probably guy-stuff.

Notice how some drivers can hang out with each other and just get away from it, like dan and massa aswell, but who hangs with Lewis? No one, there's plenty of his age in the sport, thought he would be the cool guy to hang around, seems like even the drivers don't want to be associated with him.

I like Arrivabene, I do not however like Marchione. For real, they want to replace Arrivabene, because they haven't won a race yet in the 4 races thus far? Wow talk about an impossible task. I mean those Mercs are so beatable right now, look how slow they are.

Allison isn't a team leader, he's a Newey. A #2 who is happy to have his space and work on designs, not driver contracts and all the other crap a Principal or Director has to deal with. If they are going to replace Arrivabene, bring back Brawn!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't arivabene like the modern day Marlboro Man? Worked his way up in Ferrari from the days Marlboro sponsored them.

http://www.grandprix...eds-a-shake-up/

This guy also talks about a need for the shake-up; key sentence - probably not right people. What I find puzzling why anyone thinks there is a problem with TP? Perhaps there is a problem with Allison and not TP? I touched on that subject in the past already, but my voice was isolated. Allison is there for a few years, and he got some excused on 2014 car because 2015 car was his project. Then we were told, that actually 2016 car was "his project", and now, without actually proving anything yet, he will be promoted into TP because he is an aero genius? I wonder whether this makes any sense to anyone. I vote for JT to come back, and we see if Allison would be good enough to stay.

Is Byrne still mentoring, or has he left after 2015?

I don't want Allison as the TP either. Brawn or leave Arrivabene there for another year or two. I don't feel Allison has the skills just yet. As for his designs, when they joined, Ferrari had staggering design teams on alternate years, so when alot of the different personel were all let go by Ferrari, I think it's at that point he had a chance to really go with his designs. I really don't know what years car is his fully, but I'd imagine 2016 must be close to being all his.

I so wish they would bring back Brawn though. And then he can stick it to the back stabbing glory stealing Toto & Lauda. Brawn did all the work and due to the rules, those two knuckleheads wuold then take the glory for the next 20 years seeing as how nothing is going to change rule wise to allow the other teams to at least have a fighting chance.

I don't think brawn is stupid enough to be associated with the sport in the state it is. He loved what he did and for him to have minimal involvement now, could have something to do with how the sport is run. Someone like him can't flex his arms so to speak with these regs, it's not formula one.

Hmm Marchionne is a bit delusional I think. What other conclusion can draw when he says "...I expect us to win shortly, starting with Spain."

Ok that's positive but it's not realistic either. Ferrari can only win if or when Merc have a car failure. Even starting back in the grid isn't enough to stop them as they simply have too much speed. I've never liked his way of running the team and fear he will chop heads soon.

At least this was nice to read, “I’m very satisfied with both Vettel and Raikkonen. The only thing that hasn’t worked well is luck.”

I would not totally dismiss possibility that Arrivabene is asking his wife - do I really need this ..? Come December, he might be relieved to put feet on the table and breath. I don't get Marchionne because it's not like anyone is sleeping more than 6 hrs a night already (well, probably). If he has learned only now that he selected wrong TP, that's his mistake, and maybe if anyone needs replacing, then ...you know the rest.

It's obvious Ferrari spend more time dealing with staffing issues than the issues with the car itself, what else could it be?

GPToday

Baldisserri does, however, think Ferrari has got its current driver lineup right, “Alonso on the track is as strong as Vettel. But Alonso is missing all that Vettel does off the track.”
When asked about Ferrari’s struggle for wins in the new Mercedes-dominated ‘power unit’ era, he said: “I keep in mind one thing, which was also true when I was active.

“In Maranello, we have always had a tendency to focus on the immediate, whilst underestimating the impact of rule changes.

I like Luca. His words you can trust. It's an interesting interview.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/11/ferrari-slow-to-react-to-rule-changes-baldisserri/

He speaks with the attitude of putting Ferrari first doesn't he? Almost like its his team and name he doesn't want tarnished. Since brawn and Luca left IMO Ferrari is just a skeleton of what it once was. You can replace staff and do this and that but if there not as good to begin with, what can you do?

GPToday

I like Luca. His words you can trust. It's an interesting interview.

http://www.grandprix...es-baldisserri/

Yet more further evidence against Alonso being as good as he's portrayed. There's been quite a few comments like this from Ferrari persons, both ex and current about Alonso that didn't show him in a favourable light. Even LDM mentioned something this year too I believe.

Vettel's effort off the track is matched and beaten by only one driver, and that was Schu. He never gets any recognition or credit for it though. I wonder what Hamiltons effort is!? Probably a big fat zero. For real, I can't imagine he puts in anytime at all. Too busy jetsetting to parties all over the world.

Yet I read different from massa and Luca in the past stating that fernando is a more complete driver than schumi. He was so bad that Ferrari

Wanted to ink him till 2019. I hate when stories like this come out, it's like there bitter about something. bet if he was still there they would be saying he is the best in the sport.

Yet I read different from massa and Luca in the past stating that fernando is a more complete driver than schumi. He was so bad that Ferrari

Wanted to ink him till 2019. I hate when stories like this come out, it's like there bitter about something. bet if he was still there they would be saying he is the best in the sport.

All that Luca said was, that Vettel is more active off track in the organization than Alonso. There is no need to be enraged about it. With respect to contracts, it has been said, and you should know, that Allison wanted Alonso to stay, while others, in management, and some people around at work had enough of him, LdM included. There was a big divide inside the team, and it was not healing. Again, I am not sure who said what, despite following Vettel-trail regularly, but I am under an impression that Alonso learned about being pushed out in Japan 2014, which he, probably as a matter of personal pride, of course, denies.

But Ferrari didn't push him out, they offered him a contract extension through to the end of 2019. He decided not to take it and move to mclaren. That's why people didn't hear about the Vettel Ferrari signing until very late in the off season as Ferrari were waiting to see what alonso was doing.

But Ferrari didn't push him out, they offered him a contract extension through to the end of 2019. He decided not to take it and move to mclaren.

We have obviously different information. A driver doesn't label his boss (Mattiaci) loudly SOB in a view of public after you have been offered a contract to 2019. My information (based on Italian media) is, that in Japan Alonso was actually told, that he is being replaced by Vettel, which actually caused that outburst.