Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

We have obviously different information. A driver doesn't label his boss (Mattiaci) loudly SOB in a view of public after you have been offered a contract to 2019. My information (based on Italian media) is, that in Japan Alonso was actually told, that he is being replaced by Vettel, which actually caused that outburst.

My info supports this

Thats what I heard too. Face it Alonso is poison for any team he drives with. Hes underhanded, like his former manager, and race fixer, Flavio. He is disloyal and arrogant. And to be honest hes not even that fast.

We have obviously different information. A driver doesn't label his boss (Mattiaci) loudly SOB in a view of public after you have been offered a contract to 2019. My information (based on Italian media) is, that in Japan Alonso was actually told, that he is being replaced by Vettel, which actually caused that outburst.

Well here's one story to back up my claim

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-wants-50m-per-year-for-new-ferrari-deal-reports/

And sky sports

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24184/9571114/fernando-alonso-says-ferrari-doubts-started-in-2013-he-asked-to-leave-in-september

So it was alonso who decided to leave, not the other way round. It also has the clause in his contract I have stated to that no one wanted to believe me about. Also it was the car alonso was critisising not his boss.

Well here's one story to back up my claim

http://www.motorspor...i-deal-reports/

And sky sports

http://www.skysports...ve-in-september

So it was alonso who decided to leave, not the other way round. It also has the clause in his contract I have stated to that no one wanted to believe me about. Also it was the car alonso was critisising not his boss.

First of all, I wish to assure you, that I haven't doubt that you have seen some articles in the media, however, please do take a note, it's just speculation in both articles, just as anything else, and we can believe whatever we want. Unless management with driver both standing in the front of the same camera and stating the same thing, then for me there is not anymore such thing as "authoritative source". Over the years, I heard it so many times, and very seldom it was nothing more than he said, she said. That explosive meeting in Japan, including some expletives, was witnessed by a couple of Italian reporters, and even if they did not know the exact content of the discussion, it was clear that Alonso was upset, and big way. Vettel's announcement followed.

Thats what I heard too. Face it Alonso is poison for any team he drives with. Hes underhanded, like his former manager, and race fixer, Flavio. He is disloyal and arrogant. And to be honest hes not even that fast.

Alonso got delt a better winning hand by Vettel. He gambled and failed, and lost his seat. He did NOT choose to leave. One or a couple of people wanting him to stay, isn't as great as the evidence that shows more wanted him to move on. He's been poison for ALL teams he's been in. He never leaves on a good note. Compare that with other drives like Kimi. Peopl in McLaren still rave about him, there's a reason for that.

He's a proven blackmailer, and you and I both know he KNEW about PQ Jr's crash ahead of time. He can deny it, but he's already a proven blackmailer, and was happy to correspond with PDR concerning the stolen plans. He has no integrity at all anymore.

First of all, I wish to assure you, that I haven't doubt that you have seen some articles in the media, however, please do take a note, it's just speculation in both articles, just as anything else, and we can believe whatever we want. Unless management with driver both standing in the front of the same camera and stating the same thing, then for me there is not anymore such thing as "authoritative source". Over the years, I heard it so many times, and very seldom it was nothing more than he said, she said. That explosive meeting in Japan, including some expletives, was witnessed by a couple of Italian reporters, and even if they did not know the exact content of the discussion, it was clear that Alonso was upset, and big way. Vettel's announcement followed.

It's more than just two articles but, you google it there's heaps. I have no doubt they were waiting for alonso to make a decision, once they knew he was leaving they signed Vettel. Money isn't an issue because vettels deal is worth about the same what alonso was asking through to 2019 so the deal still remained, it's just the drivers who changed.

Alonso got delt a better winning hand by Vettel. He gambled and failed, and lost his seat. He did NOT choose to leave. One or a couple of people wanting him to stay, isn't as great as the evidence that shows more wanted him to move on. He's been poison for ALL teams he's been in. He never leaves on a good note. Compare that with other drives like Kimi. Peopl in McLaren still rave about him, there's a reason for that.

He's a proven blackmailer, and you and I both know he KNEW about PQ Jr's crash ahead of time. He can deny it, but he's already a proven blackmailer, and was happy to correspond with PDR concerning the stolen plans. He has no integrity at all anymore.

why would alonso gamble a $150 million dollar contract? You got rocks in your head? He simply left to finish unfinished business at mclaren. Why do people try to make something out of nothing? The proof is there that he left on free will if your willing to look for it. Like I said time and time before monkey, he had an out clause that stated if he wasn't within 100 points of the champion by the end of 2014 he has a right to execute an early exit clause. So my understanding by that is his contracts continued over and only needed a signature. Except this time they didn't get one, that's why Ferrari we're dirty on him leaving, he left it late, a deal was already on the table just waiting for a signature and they also felt betrayed.

It's more than just two articles but, you google it there's heaps. I have no doubt they were waiting for alonso to make a decision, once they knew he was leaving they signed Vettel. Money isn't an issue because vettels deal is worth about the same what alonso was asking through to 2019 so the deal still remained, it's just the drivers who changed.

Then you must have read this one too...

The Ferrari management of 2014 – just as that of 1991 – could not tolerate, nor be seen to tolerate, such a threat to their authority when they themselves were under such scrutiny. Furthermore the very stature of the driver, the widespread recognition of his level as one of the greatest, was only adding to the intolerable pressure upon the under-performing team. So Mattiacci let Alonso go, just as Piccinini had done Prost. For reasons seemingly unrelated to the loss of the driver, Fiat then decided it had an agenda for Ferrari that someone else could better fulfil than the current chief. Lots of blood and intrigue, just as in all the best Italian dramas.

http://www.motorspor...onso-real-story

In one of the interviews with LdM, the man himself said with some sorrow in his voice, that they had to let Alonso go because the situation with him became intolerable. Money perhaps was an issue, a straw that broke camel's back when combined with uneasiness management felt with driver's commentaries, and consequently, Alonso is no more in red racing overalls.

Wow ok, yeah well I'll believe what I read because even Martin brundle commented on alonso "walking out" on a 150 million dollar Ferrari deal.

That's very interesting Sakae. It confirms the reasons we've had that Alonso was the arhitect of his own demise at Ferrari. He didn't choose to leave, but played with his "power" and got caught out on it. Ferrari were always going to sign Vettel I think, but Alonso was making the team simply unworkable and was given his orders to go. If this current McLaren experience humbles him some, then good.

Where is this info coming from, it was a gentleman's agreement, that at the end of 2014 all he had to do was shake luca's hand and go, in fact he tried to leave a few years earlier when massa was there but Ferrari wouldn't allow it. What does it confirm monkey? That you don't want to read the 50+ articles on google saying he left in his own accord, is that the proof you mean? Because it seems to me no one wants to know the truth, there more excited telling porky pies. If this was kimi though, we would have to agree with whatever article is found, even if it's one compared to like 50 odd on alonso. The proof is there, he left as he couldn't trust Ferrari anymore and was sick of "politician promises" that's the truth, he left under frustration, the fact nothing was getting done and they wanted to keep throwing contracts his way without rectifying anything that concerned him, so HE left, not sacked not booted or swapped for Vettel, none of that crap, he left on his own accord and it was on the 9th hour so to speak that's why vettels signing was made public so late and why Ferrari are dirty with alonso, easy to say he couldn't do this or that isn't it? Don't want to admit a driver walked out on a 150 million dollar deal. Now if people want to question almost every source on this on the internet that basically says the same thing I rounded up in a nutshell, that means anything you find from now on, on whoever driver or circumstance has to be approached the same but we all know that won't happen will we? If people want to be ignorant on the one issue, why don't we do it on all? I also get the feeling other members are willing to agree to some outrageous stuff so they simply don't have to agree with me or say "I made a mistake I was wrong".

It's also funny how one of the sources I quoted was one if not the most accurate site or magazine for Motorsport you can get but anyway, one story from someone else convinces everyone, let alone the others that can so easily be found if you just google them. Funny the story comes from mattiachi who hated alonso and vice versa, its like Homer Simpson telling someone why he hates ned Flanders,it's done pretty easy. Lack of consistency when approaching stories really does my fnnn head in.

Just over how people change things to suit there needs around here instead of being consistent with evidence and posts, that's the only issue I have I have ever had.

Happens to best of us. Alonso's fans cannot comprehend (not that they are trying at all), that their Divine and beloved Alonso got sacked. Happened to me too, with Prost, and I am not until today certain without a doubt what happened to Schumi in his last days there.

He didn't get sacked but, your willing to take one article as gospel compared to the other 50 that are out there that state otherwise,also heard DC,johnny Herbert and Martin brundle talking about how alonso turned down the offer to go to mclaren, are they wrong to? This is exactly what Ian talking about, I had a story about webber and that front wing and that to you guys didn't hold any weight, yet this one does and it's still not good enough, but you taken confirmation just of one story, people only want to know what suits them.

He didn't get sacked but, your willing to take one article as gospel compared to the other 50 that are out there that state otherwise,also heard DC,johnny Herbert and Martin brundle talking about how alonso turned down the offer to go to mclaren, are they wrong to?

Actually, if I may correct you, regarding Ferrari's affairs, the word I take as being as close to the truth as legal situation permits, is one LdM, and when he said we had to part with Alonso, you can label it anything you wish, but to me, when it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.Aristocrat, speaks to the point, and you do not have to rely on some bias TV sources. In fact, when I watch those guys, I turn sound to mute.

Yeah mattiachi let alonso go, didn't fire him, let him go, meaning he didn't challenge alonso when he activated his "get out" clause. That's what that means, why would they offer him a 150 million dollar deal and an extension to 2019 if they were just going to fire him? Load of crap, just someone after a story. So you admitting an experienced driver has no idea and you don't think they know what there talking about? That's the problem right there. And if your going of that "I can smell a rat" thing, why don't you take that approach to things that are hell of a lot more obvious like Vettel and webber for example, ohh we've been there haven't we and that's a classic example of what is happening now with this debate. Just be consistent for crying out loud and don't let hate or dislike or favouritism decide what you type or your view on things because it becomes a see saw of inconsistant debates when one issue demands one angle and approach yet the same thing will happen and it goes the other way simply because of who is involved or beleive article or challenging the reliability of the source when it's about someone you may dislike but don't when it's used as eveidence against another post, see my point?

Regardless. I still can't understand why people cant see how poisonous and self-absorbed he is. It simply blows my mind he has one fan let alone two.

Well obviously people can see past that because I bet nearly any team would take him and pay his asking price if they could afford it, that's also the reality of it, I don't like alonso as a person, I think he is a wank but as a driver, he is still the best out there IMO and the one i see who possess the most natural speed, that's all I have in my defence about the guy, so I don't know why people hate me because I like him as a driver.

Why do we have to like him as a person. ? He is a F1 driver and he is a good one at it. And I find your statements very funny when you say he has been ousted by Ferrari. He is a very smart politician. If he has been ousted then he wouldn't have been one ofthe highest paid driver now. He clearly didn't want to be at a team who couldn't keep their promises . So he left. Simple as that.

They said after changing the driver and most of the staffs that Ferrari are looking up. Look at where they are. They hAve no answers or explanation for losing their grid slots to redbull. From 2nd best team to 3rd best. Now they are asking for arrivabenes head. They are absolutely clueless as to what they have to do be number 1.

Why do we have to like him as a person. ? He is a F1 driver and he is a good one at it. And I find your statements very funny when you say he has been ousted by Ferrari. He is a very smart politician. If he has been ousted then he wouldn't have been one ofthe highest paid driver now. He clearly didn't want to be at a team who couldn't keep their promises . So he left. Simple as that.

They said after changing the driver and most of the staffs that Ferrari are looking up. Look at where they are. They hAve no answers or explanation for losing their grid slots to redbull. From 2nd best team to 3rd best. Now they are asking for arrivabenes head. They are absolutely clueless as to what they have to do be number 1.

Well said but I can see Ferrari starting to come together now though and that's through arrivabene's work, poor bugger was thrown in the abyss of deep ends to pull the most famous team out with no f1 experience himself, doing a bloody good job IMO. As for alonso, see there's that many stories backing up what I've said,"fernando" but the others are willing to not accept that, why? What's to gain out of so much hatrid for someone, just call it how it's happening. Alonso wanted to leave earlier as he felt it was just eating into his remaining time in the sport if he isn't achieving, so he went to mclaren to try rebuild them, what's wrong with that? Schumacher did to Ferrari, Seb is now trying to do it and now alonso at mclaren. I think Ferrari were dirty for two main reasons. alonso left it way to late before he told them what he was doing and the only reason mattiachi agreed to LET him go and not fight alonso over his contract was because they could possibly nab Vettel. Why wouldn't they want to? Fast driver they can pay abit less and possible get similar results, another thing people don't do and that's think about these things with a business perspective. People also forget alonso almost won the title in 3 out of his 5 seasons, pretty good, kimi who is Ferrari's last world champion can't stay competitive for 3 seasons in a row let alone fighting for a title. And two that a driver actually knocked back a Ferrari deal, "we're Ferrari, no one does that to us". I think alonso summed it up the best last year, he would rather be at the back in a mclaren than a Ferrari so why don't people then start to accept the possibility that Ferrari's management forced alonso away? No that wouldn't happen would it? Worlds to perfect for that, it's alonso's fault lol, can't wait for when mclaren finally gets back up there, watch the bs excuses come out then.

Well said but I can see Ferrari starting to come together now though and that's through arrivabene's work, poor bugger was thrown in the abyss of deep ends to pull the most famous team out with no f1 experience himself, doing a bloody good job IMO

Agree

As for alonso, see there's that many stories backing up what I've said,"fernando" but the others are willing to not accept that, why? What's to gain out of so much hatrid for someone, just call it how it's happening. Alonso wanted to leave earlier as he felt it was just eating into his remaining time in the sport if he isn't achieving, so he went to mclaren to try rebuild them, what's wrong with that? Schumacher did to Ferrari, Seb is now trying to do it and now alonso at mclaren. I think Ferrari were dirty for two main reasons. alonso left it way to late before he told them what he was doing and the only reason mattiachi agreed to LET him go and not fight alonso over his contract was because they could possibly nab Vettel. Why wouldn't they want to? Fast driver they can pay abit less and possible get similar results, another thing people don't do and that's think about these things with a business perspective. People also forget alonso almost won the title in 3 out of his 5 seasons, pretty good, kimi who is Ferrari's last world champion can't stay competitive for 3 seasons in a row let alone fighting for a title. And two that a driver actually knocked back a Ferrari deal, "we're Ferrari, no one does that to us". I think alonso summed it up the best last year, he would rather be at the back in a mclaren than a Ferrari so why don't people then start to accept the possibility that Ferrari's management forced alonso away? No that wouldn't happen would it? Worlds to perfect for that, it's alonso's fault lol, can't wait for when mclaren finally gets back up there, watch the bs excuses come out then.

Disagree

No wants wants to be at the back of the grid like the way Mclaren was in a rebuilding phase. NO ONE. That was and still is both humiliating and energy-sapping. Teams like Ferrari rebuilds but are still competitive. His fans couldnt understand it, he couldnt explain it and the frustration was clearly showing. You say he couldnt wait anymore and instead went to rebuild with Mclaren. Does that make any sense. He's already now in a position where he wasted 2 years of his career, there's no guarantee Mclaren will actually compete next year at the highest level too.

LMAO. Yeah Im gonna leave FERRARI and go to a team that stands no hope in hell of being anywhere near the front! AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Oh and McLaren havent kept a single promise either, sooooo, I guess hes off to HAAS next AHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Well that's how he feels and what he said so, if he feels like being at the back of the grid compared to being at Ferrari, then it must be an a$$ to work there, could you imagine the hitler stand over tactics there?