Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

This is why we need refuelling back so atleast people have a second option of the team stuff the strategy and it will produce more winners reguardless how dominant merc is.

Ferrari assigned Vettel to 1st test - focus: resolving issues encountered during qualifying, and validation of countermeasures.

- Boullier thinks Honda is now behind Mercedes, and ahead of Ferrari.

- Horner thinks they are a team No. 2

Ferrari will have to be quiet, and make their talking in the race. Nothing more, nothing less. It is competitive, and 6 to 8 players in that game.

This is why we need refuelling back so atleast people have a second option of the team stuff the strategy and it will produce more winners reguardless how dominant merc is.

No, no, no. Refueling made the racing dull * , got bored of people winning cos they had some arcane strategy (i.e. racing taking place in the pitlane not on the track)

* apart from when Jean Alesi ran out of fuel after being told to come in, which was hilarious

Well these results did come on THE test circuit everyone uses so there downforce setups would be more tweaked than any other circuit they go to, but yes, it's a tad early isn't?

No, no, no. Refueling made the racing dull * , got bored of people winning cos they had some arcane strategy (i.e. racing taking place in the pitlane not on the track)

* apart from when Jean Alesi ran out of fuel after being told to come in, which was hilarious

No way, at least another element of strategy was involved. We're they actually fast or is the fuel load having an affect? Loved to try figure that out, why not try it again? We don't even have racing on the circuit anymore, they can't drive flat out and fia fvcks around with qually instead of trying to live up the actual race, give it another try I rekon. Passing in the pits is no different to today, you could undercut then and you can now, just there stopped for 2 seconds instead of 8.

What are they all nuts????

I guess magniloquence is a part of this game.

In yesterday's testing Seb was validating corrective measures applied after pain in the last event, and it seems they have corrected if not all, then at least a lot of it. This was very good, comparative test right after the race, and Maranello was ready for it. Good stuff!

Yeah but we were fooled before, look at preseason testing, Ferrari went almost hiccup free and we were all talking about how Ferrari could stop Mercedes. Come race day, far from it, first thing Ferrari need to do is sign kimi and get all this driver crap out the way and focus on the car and next years car 200%, not having to worry about drivers would save a lot of unnecessary time wasting that could be used to elsewhere, it's not like there not performing and IMO replacing kimi with rosberg would be like swapping one banana for another, it's the same sh17, I don't think nico could do any better job than kimi ATM and you add into the factor nico has to meet everyone,settle in, figure out how things work on top of trying to find his feet in a new car. All this kimi already knows, no brainier IMO and if another scenario does happen instead of this one, I will be very very surprised. If Ferrari are stupid enough to do this than focus on catching Mercedes, they deserve to burn at this stage, are they that stupid? Only time will tell.

Yeah but we were fooled before, look at preseason testing, Ferrari went almost hiccup free and we were all talking about how Ferrari could stop Mercedes. Come race day, far from it, first thing Ferrari need to do is sign kimi and get all this driver crap out the way and focus on the car and next years car 200%, not having to worry about drivers would save a lot of unnecessary time wasting that could be used to elsewhere, it's not like there not performing and IMO replacing kimi with rosberg would be like swapping one banana for another, it's the same sh17, I don't think nico could do any better job than kimi ATM and you add into the factor nico has to meet everyone,settle in, figure out how things work on top of trying to find his feet in a new car. All this kimi already knows, no brainier IMO and if another scenario does happen instead of this one, I will be very very surprised. If Ferrari are stupid enough to do this than focus on catching Mercedes, they deserve to burn at this stage, are they that stupid? Only time will tell.

Not actually, , remember the turbo issue crept up... but anyway

That turbo issue came later, once the season started, unless Ferrari knew about it all along which I rekon they would've had to have known.

That turbo issue came later, once the season started, unless Ferrari knew about it all along which I rekon they would've had to have known.

yep, think so too

No way, at least another element of strategy was involved. We're they actually fast or is the fuel load having an affect? Loved to try figure that out, why not try it again? We don't even have racing on the circuit anymore, they can't drive flat out and fia fvcks around with qually instead of trying to live up the actual race, give it another try I rekon. Passing in the pits is no different to today, you could undercut then and you can now, just there stopped for 2 seconds instead of 8.

I think part of my annoyance with refueling is the over-regulation again by FIA (like having to run more than one tyre type). Go back to 70s and the rules around pitting were quite broad. You could come in for any reason, be it tyres, refueling, gremlin. Seemed to work better and created a spectacle with people working flat out in the pits to get a car out again. Because you did not *have* to stop it encouraged more on track action and more of a frenzy in the garage if they did come in - also some occasional interesting strategies where teams gambled on a stop.

Spare cars also helped; silly rules over engine penalties also do not help the sport. Yes, I know it saves costs but by the end of the season with drivers using up the quota and getting grid demotions - it's all a load of bollocks, really! Let them race....

Fuoco run comparative performance test to Vettel, but no comments by Ferrari were issued. His observation:

The hardest thing about an F1 car? Managing all the procedures.

There you go, and I, an old fool thought, that it is driving under stress in abnormal speeds.

After a long pause before answering, Vettel said: “We are giving everything — sometimes maybe even a little too much. But we have to try everything.”

Asked, then, if errors are forgivable as Ferrari pushes to catch and beat Mercedes, Vettel admitted: “No. The technical problems we have had were not in the plan.

“But catching up is always a balancing act. Perhaps some improvements have come a bit too early, but if we think something is an advantage in speed, we want to bring it to the track as quickly as possible.”

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/05/19/ferrari-pushing-limit-catch-mercedes-vettel/#6bmqwpKm5jb7z2xb.99

Interesting comment about Ferrari's happy days.

Spare cars also helped; silly rules over engine penalties also do not help the sport. Yes, I know it saves costs but by the end of the season with drivers using up the quota and getting grid demotions - it's all a load of bollocks, really! Let them race....

I am aware that - cost saved - is being considered as a generic fact-of-the-matter, but when one contemplates alternatives team deploys these days, I am not convinced on the face of it, that today's car development is less expensive, and even less, that anything was saved. Simulators instead track testing, people keep it operating, troops of Ph.D.(s) in analytical departments running very expensive gear, cost of (wasteful or unnecessary IMO) reliability research, degradation of racing because many prototypes aren't properly race-worthy, etc. Whole bowl of wax seems rather badly cooked, and even less thought out well.

How blind is everyone? Do you really think there "cost cutting" ?

How many years have they been "cost cutting" ?

Every year for like the last 10 seasons, now I've mentioned this before, if bernie wasn't bleeding the sport dry and robbing everyone right in front of there very own eyes and putting the saved funds from cutting costs back into the sport then they wouldn't need to keep "cutting costs" suposidley and allow a few decent seasons before saving money again. But bernie is robbing the sport and has a good little scam going on. Just think about it, how is it possible to cut costs after cutting costs have been done the season before. At that rate, the sport would be free to run, by now, he's pocketing the lot.

E. Boullier asserted that Ferrari has 4th only best chassis.

1. Mercedes.

2. RBR

3. McHonda

4. Ferrari

Since Éric is no dummy, what about it Mr. Allison?

Sakae, how highly do you rate Boullier as a team manager? I think his time at Lotus was sweetened by the great chassis Allison produced there before leaving for Ferrari.

I honestly wish Whitmarsh was back there working with Ron. Boullier is not the right fit for McLaren.

As for McLaren having the 3rd best chassis, who knows, how does that even help them if they are? It's a smokescreen to be honest. Ferrari and RBR are the 2nd best teams, and depending on what type of track, we'll see either one ahead of the other. Williams possibly in 4th position, but I feel they are under achieving.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COST CUTTING.

Why is this such a difficult concept for the entire F&CJING world to grasp??? The teams have a BUDGET. If they cant win in one area THEY SPEND IT IN ANOTHER.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Sakae, how highly do you rate Boullier as a team manager? I think his time at Lotus was sweetened by the great chassis Allison produced there before leaving for Ferrari.

I honestly wish Whitmarsh was back there working with Ron. Boullier is not the right fit for McLaren.

As for McLaren having the 3rd best chassis, who knows, how does that even help them if they are? It's a smokescreen to be honest. Ferrari and RBR are the 2nd best teams, and depending on what type of track, we'll see either one ahead of the other. Williams possibly in 4th position, but I feel they are under achieving.

Éric is an intelligent guy, I have no doubt about that, but I do not know how much creative freedom he is afforded working under Dennis. It must be flaming hell for him in that regards. Otherwise I have no idea what McLaren needs. Maybe less of Dennis?

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COST CUTTING.

Why is this such a difficult concept for the entire F&CJING world to grasp??? The teams have a BUDGET. If they cant win in one area THEY SPEND IT IN ANOTHER.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Does Whiting knows that?

I've said that for ages, don't people read my posts anymore?

As for mclaren, people don't mind when boullier says it's a good chassis, alonso on the other hand, bah he knows nothing hey? This is what Iam talking about people, letting hate decide opinions.