Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Éric is an intelligent guy, I have no doubt about that, but I do not know how much creative freedom he is afforded working under Dennis. It must be flaming hell for him in that regards. Otherwise I have no idea what McLaren needs. Maybe less of Dennis?

And yet Eric is going on about how he thinks Ferrari won't be a threat to them in Monaco. How many times again have McLaren beaten Ferrari these past few years??

Maybe he's the one smoking something and not Hamilton.

And yet Eric is going on about how he thinks Ferrari won't be a threat to them in Monaco. How many times again have McLaren beaten Ferrari these past few years??

Maybe he's the one smoking something and not Hamilton.

Right, now when you mention it, he is begging to talk like Dennis. Maybe it's time for him to leave for his own safety and well being.

Yeah Iam a mclaren fan but I getting a tad bit sick of hearing how good there chassis is but still struggle to break the top 10. Do something with it or Shut up I rekon.

Sig. Luca Cordero di Montezemolo hit back hard.

But the 68-year-old Italian insists: “I know what we made in 2014 to improve. The progress of last year was a product of the work the year before.”

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/05/24/montezemolo-expected-bigger-ferrari-step-forward-2016/#wdl8LljW1ckMUW0l.99

Actually, IMHO something similar applies to Mercedes, yet I cannot find any thanks to numerous people of the past who put their life into it. Brawn actually persuaded Schumacher to come back and risk his racing legacy on the performance in early years of Silver Arrows.

Yep agree,'people who don't pay homage to people like brawn and Schumacher who laid the foundation but we also must count nico also and if he wins the title I bet it would be most satisfying coming from where they have since 2010 and he being on for the entire ride.

Sebastian in Monaco, post-qualifying

Lack of grip means Seb can’t improve laptimes

Of course I’m really disappointed, because what we did on the car from Thursday to today was really good and we had improved it a lot. This morning we had a very good start, I knew that there will be a lot more to come and I wasn’t worried at all, but as the qualifying progressed it was just getting more difficult for us to extract the grip. When you don’t have the grip here it’s more penalizing than on another track, the car was starting to slide a lot and at this stage we don’t understand why. While all the grid was going faster and faster, in the end we did the same fast laps we did at the beginning. I did what I could, but I was not as comfortable as I was in the morning. It’s disappointing because I missed a good opportunity to start the race potentially from the front tomorrow. I was expecting more because the car gave me all reason to expect more but in a couple of hours we’ll start to look forward, the race is tomorrow, we have a great car and a great pace.

Seb will have to synch his speed to cars ahead of him. Under normal conditions Ferrari will be not able to overtake Mercedes cars on short straights. What could help is first two cars take each other out, and Hamilton becomes vicitim of a strategy call. This all would not please me, but in the absence of better choices, I will take it.

Ferrari - I thought strategy was flawed, Seb disagrees. Arri actualy thinks that weekend got fauled up already on Saturday in (poor) qualification.

Seb “sorry” not to get podium finish

It was a difficult race, I think I could have done better when I stopped and I came out behind Felipe. We made the right strategy call but then I should have found the way to get past, I think I lost the podium there. When I was behind him I was in the Intermediates tires, it was very slippery, very easy to get it wrong, but I feel I should have made it possible. Yesterday we didn’t do a good job in not putting the car in the place where we belong, yet I think we were very quick this weekend, the pit-stops were fantastic, a great job from the guys. But the rest is up to me and I apologize because I couldn’t get to the podium. I tried everything to close the gap to Perez, and I did come very close a couple of times, I was also lucky not to ‘kiss’ the wall at the end. Now it’s over, so in the end we got good points and after 6 races there’s a lot more to come.

I think Ferrari are slipping behind redbull to tell you the truth, Canada will really show us just how much that new Renault engine brings to the table.

It was always accepted, that Renault will recover, and RB becomes one of the frontrunners. I expect no less from McLaren. Fact is, Monaco race was not all what it seems. Several teams and drivers voiced concerns about tires (Kimi, Alonso, Rosberg, to name a few), and not everyone who got stuck behind a slower car could overtake safely on that rubber and avoid walls. JB actually declared his car as underivable.

Just look at palmer, lost it going straight by wheel spinning on the white paint.

With all my respect for RB, I am however not sure whether Monaco race alone is sufficient confirmation that Ferrari is now 3rd. I will yield however to the opinion, that RB has done good work on chassis/tire combination, and with ever improving Renault, they are catching up Mercedes and Ferrari, big way at that.

We will see in Canada.

My guess at least for the next few more races RB may be ahead of Ferrari and will give Merc a run for their money.

We will see in Canada.

My guess at least for the next few more races RB may be ahead of Ferrari and will give Merc a run for their money.

Guaranteed they will be a top three car in Canada, they were the past two years and there cars then weren't as good as this one now so I can certain Ricciardo or verstappen or even both will be in the top 3

Geez doesn't take long for a few "normal" races before the media makes something out of nothing does it?

“It’s absurd to go into Q1 fastest and not be able to repeat it in Q2 and Q3,” he said. “We need a deep analysis of what happens between the chassis and the tyres with the temperatures and the pressures,” he added.

As for the suggestion Ferrari has already fallen behind a resurgent Red Bull, Arrivabene hit back at that notion, “If it is Red Bull that is Ferrari’s problem, then I just go home now.”

http://www.grandprix...rari-in-canada/

Interesting position regarding team's performance. I actually agree with Arri, that in last two races RB wasn't the issue, but somehow some teams have chassis in better synch with tires (assuming they do not cheating with tire pressures, as unproven, but suspected). Vettel was actually faster than DR in Monaco, but could not convert his speeds into a better position. Track surface vs tire adhesion was changing every two hours. Fair to say, that Ferrari was not the only team who had experienced such performance fluctuation. J. Clear was monitoring competitors and their management of tires during the race.

I don't think Ferrari would've had the pace even if it was a full dry race. The car just didn't look settled, sebs or kimis, but I honestly think redbull will really give both merc and Ferrari a good run in Canada. I also heard a wild rumour that Ferrari have stopped development in this years car already which could explain the performance slump as there getting a head start on the 2017 chassis and said it would be ready come July so maybe there trying to pull a Mercedes and get ahead start when new regs come into play.

[quote][color=#000000][font='Open Sans', sans-serif]So when asked if the world championship is slowly slipping away, he insisted: “No! My responsibilities are to keep the team concentrated and focused as there are still 15 races to go which is plenty of time. But we need to find the reasons for the problem in the final qualifying session.”[/font][/color][/quote]
[url="http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/30/arrivabene-there-are-15-races-to-go-which-is-plenty-of-time/"]http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/30/arrivabene-there-are-15-races-to-go-which-is-plenty-of-time/[/url]

I find it weird that these are the same spec tyres since the start of the season and only now are they having issues. Is it an excuse or have they simply slipped back? Are they talking about tyres in general or just the ultra soft?

http://www.grandprix...rari-in-canada/

Interesting position regarding team's performance. I actually agree with Arri, that in last two races RB wasn't the issue, but somehow some teams have chassis in better synch with tires (assuming they do not cheating with tire pressures, as unproven, but suspected). Vettel was actually faster than DR in Monaco, but could not convert his speeds into a better position. Track surface vs tire adhesion was changing every two hours. Fair to say, that Ferrari was not the only team who had experienced such performance fluctuation. J. Clear was monitoring competitors and their management of tires during the race.

Arrivabene can't be totally serious when he means being fastest in Q1 then means it's a disappointment or failure if that doesn't happen in Q2 or Q3. That's assuming all the drivers are going flat out in Q1 which we know isn't the case. Vettel was the master of it some years back when he'd pop in the fastest Q lap, on his last run and clinch pole, with quite often it being his only lap in Q3.

I'm not sure whats happening at Ferrari, but I don't think I'd be wrong in thinking Marchionne has something to do with things. And that would filter down to Arrivabene. They don't look patient to me, rather as though someone high up is demanding and then getting impatient they aren't suddenly winning titles. As though results just happen overnight or something. As long as they are improving that is good. But I'm not sure they are improving or going backwards either.