Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

That's right Newey built the best car that Seb drove to 4 titles, the reason why Ricciardo holds so much weight is because he beat Vettel in 2014. Doesn't matter about this or that at the end of the day he beat a 4x champ in his own home. Who was settled in for the past 4 years and had everyone working around the clock to give home the best chance. Vettel did the best job with that car and deserves his results but that car wouldn't have been what it was without Newey BUT someone still has to drive it and drive it well. I also think you have enough experience to realise that the fastest lap doesn't make you the fastest driver. Now put it into perspective for you sakae, imagine if Vettel came to Ferrari after schumi won his 5 titles in a row, you would automatically expect schumi to beat him as I along with basically everyone out there, thought Vettel would do the same to dan. Now imagine Vettel taking over Ferrari at the time and winning all there races and schumi none, now can you see just how big of a task dan had on his hands? Not only did he rise to the Occassion but he beat him. I just feel you don't want to acknowledge dans ability because it puts a shadow on your favourite Vettel. I would love to hear why you think 2014 doesn't matter and how dan isn't rates very high in your books.

DR never defeated Vettel in a car built prior 2014, lets settle that notion once for all, so stop mixing apples and oranges. In 2014, a new technology era, a lot went on, including reliability misery at RB, so, converging all factors, I am not totally convinced, that Vettel was fully present in the office that year, nor that RB actually worried too much how he feels. DR can rant about it forever, but fact is, when things did not go fully his way in 2015, in a car in which he was supposedly so great, he ended behind Kvyat, if you imagine how faith sometimes plays with you. Biggest kick to his ego however happen right in Spain just the other day, I imagine, so luck of 2014 somehow abandoned him, but such is life. You win some, you lose others.

With respect to speed, it was you who brought up that DR is fastest driver today, if I read you correctly. I would never make such claims, nor I am I interested in such comparisons, but since you insisted, I have merely reminded you, that other drivers are just as fast, if not faster than DR.

I see ability to be fast however as battle only partially won. One needs more to become a WDC. DR doesn't has any WDC, does he, despite all greatness? Well, he better then get going at it. Stop worrying about Vettel, and focus on Max, because that one appears not willing to give to him any freebies.

Why do you fail to look at things with any realism? Ricciardo had to deal with those new regulations just like Vettel and on top of that deal with the fact of settling into a new team with the pressure of a 4x champ nipping at his heels. Seb also would've had all the new and developed parts before dan so it made the battle even harder, that's the realistic side that you fail to see or want to acknowledge. As for 2015, the kvyat and Vettel story, do I have to explain that with realism to? You go of saying "well if this happened, then it has to apply to this" yes and no, all situations are different need I remind you just how 2015 played out but I now it will be a waste of time. Dan hasn't won at titles yet because he hasn't had the best car like Seb has had. Seb has never had a bad car, in fact you could say that this years Ferrari is his worst car he has had in his career then hey? I think so, also where did I say dan beat Vettel in a car prior to 2014? You know why he didn't but hey? Because he was driving a bloody hrt. Iam not worried about max yet as I beleive dan still has the edge but what Iam sick of is people calling him a sook, especially Vettel fans who seem to have a bad memory when it comes to talking about behaviour with there favourite driver, I also can't wait for the excuses when he does well and the other thing that makes it so obvious is the fact all TV pundits, fellow drivers, all say he is a lot better than his stats imply.

Kimi = 1 x WDC

Dan = 0 x WDC

Lmao, that's just totally relevant to the conversation lol.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/568003/Tyre_management_still_a_mystery__Jock_Clear/

Ferrari’s new chief engineer Jock Clear admitted that Ferrari didn’t manage to clear up the mystery why its cars become victims of unclarified tyre problems and fail to deliver in the dying minutes of qualifying.

Well, if so, than it sounds like Ferrari's season will be shrouded in mystery. Two warm up laps needed to get all wheels into an operating window temperature? That sounds really like race-places loosing proposition. Since when Clear is a chief engineer? I thought he was in charge of track related operations, replacing Rivola (strategies, etc).

Who cares? This excuse is just them pi$$ing in our pockets again. I get real tired real quick when they beat around the bush like this, usually means season is toast but we don't want to admit it as to much money is involved sponsor wise.

I do care about Ferrari's performance, and I am great believer in Cause&Effect relationship. It is good they understand and managed to quantified effect, but now they have to identify and pacify causes embedded probably in the section of chassis. Still, it would be better to hear from Allison speaking to this topic; it's his, technically speaking, project after all.

I don't think Clear is complaining, or making up excuses. He was asked about it, and he answered best he could. What anyone expected him to say? We are firing both drivers for incompetence? IMHO if anyone should be replaced, than it is probably Allison. Excuses on his behalf are now growing old for more than two years, and it is always someone else in the focus, but him. It is mystery what is he doing there. He is an aero guy, but for chassis you need something else.

If where being honest then in my honest opinion I think Ferrari have been in shambles since brawn,Schumacher and co left. Since then they have had hiccup after hiccup,issue after issue that extends past the car into management, they seem they can never get there sh17 together tbh. If there the second or third best car, they make a step forward when others make two and have never been "the" car or team since 2006. Seems like they lack leadership, something schumi took by the horns and if Vettel wants to try and emulate what schumi did, he needs to do more, not in a driving sense as he is doing 100% there but in the sense of taking more control of the team. Kimi isn't going to take it he's happy just to turn up and drive, this is on Vettel if they want that success they used to have.

I do care about Ferrari's performance, and I am great believer in Cause&Effect relationship. It is good they understand and managed to quantified effect, but now they have to identify and pacify causes embedded probably in the section of chassis. Still, it would be better to hear from Allison speaking to this topic; it's his, technically speaking, project after all.

I don't think Clear is complaining, or making up excuses. He was asked about it, and he answered best he could. What anyone expected him to say? We are firing both drivers for incompetence? IMHO if anyone should be replaced, than it is probably Allison. Excuses on his behalf are now growing old for more than two years, and it is always someone else in the focus, but him. It is mystery what is he doing there. He is an aero guy, but for chassis you need something else.

Could one say then he possibly lucked into help make the brilliant Lotus's that Kimi drove?

I too and getting a teenie bit antsy with Ferrari's lack of progress and I don't for a second mean it's a driver issue. We also do have a new type of soft tyre this year too, to complicate things even more :(

Yeah but monkey this is the same tyre everyone has to use, this slump in form after such hype is no way in any sense a driver related issue, this is a power issue to do with managent that is now filtering down and affecting the main objective. Vettel,kimi and the sport as a whole are the ones suffering and of course people like us.

Well its cyclical at the end of the day. Before 1999 the last time they won was 1983.

What's this referring to?

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/Ferrari-ce-la-sospensione-posteriore-smentito-il-muso-nuovo-749102/

I am wondering what's this all about, since google translation seems inadequate in this case. Sounds like suspension is not rigid enough, it is flexing, which is adversely altering car driving characteristics, as detected on the streets of Monaco.

Feels like this years Ferrari is actually worse than last years sad.png

Temp hurdles, I believe. They decided to roll the dice, brought into the game a lot of variables, and not all panned out. Normally you change one parameter, validate result, and move on, or pull back and try something else. Under hurry-hurry system you toss into a pot bunch of ingredients, and then you are wondering what happened to your meal. From reading German sources, I think turbo was causing vibrations, and when they tried to remedy it under reliability umbrella, my understanding is, that FiA rejected the claim, and demanded tokens. I am however optimist that they are marching forward despite all these seatbacks.

didnt they overhaul the suspension this season, moving away from the push rod?

Clear probably read some of my rumblings about team's race strategies, so, he wants to butter me up, looks like.

"Michael Schumacher always boasted about Sebastian," the Briton is quoted as saying by Speed Week. "And he was absolutely right.

"Now that I work with Sebastian at Ferrari, I can confirm that nothing Michael had said about him was exaggerated. "It is especially his incredible loyalty to detail that Vettel has that brings the best out of all the staff and drives the team forward. His contribution is invaluable, and the nature of his work is precisely the difference between a four-time world champion and other drivers in the pitlane."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/ferrari/news/clear-schumacher-was-right-about-vettel_269150.html

Yes they did, but there are some other changes which aren't working well.

It's coming back to me now, kimi didn't like the push rod as he couldn't turn the car in or something, contributing to majority of his issues.

Clear probably read some of my rumblings about team's race strategies, so, he wants to butter me up, looks like.

[/font][/color][/font][/color]

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/ferrari/news/clear-schumacher-was-right-about-vettel_269150.html

Wow that's a great quote. I've always felt Vettel was the closest in pitlane to working and thinking like Schumi. Nice to hear we were spot on. Look at Hamilton and he's not even close. A few universes away even. Whomever is second in F1 to Vettel for how they go about things, I don't know.

You can tell Vettel is very strick with himself in how he approaches his racing, very professional and dedicated I must say.

Constructors or drivers? Because they won both more recent than that.