Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Ohh yeah your right I took it the wrong way I thought you meant that's all they've won since and I was like you serious, what about the schumi era.

Ferrari looking better, I hoped the turbos issues would be solved from this race onwards.... If they dont use this race as a springboard, then it's all over

Well Verstappen and Ricciardo have both said Ferrari are quicker than expected so let's hope redbull and Ferrari can both challenge Mercedes.

DR is also quoted that he thinks that Ferrari could be beaten in this race. Well, maybe so, we will see. There were times when results in FP3 were best predictor how qualification and race might develop, but no more, as proven by Ferrari in recent races. Some are suspicious that RB is sandbagging, but I doubt it. Tires are one of the variables, and with fluctuation of temperatures it is a toss. Sebastian is almost happy, Kimi less so. Tomorrow about at 2200 (my time), we will know.

So Allison was a bust then at Ferrari. Thus this brings up the question, did he just get lucky with the 2012/13 Lotus!?

Or is his position untenable at Ferrari with all the higher uppers breathing down his neck.

EDIT: Prob a bit harsh when thinking about it more. Allisons wife recently died and he's got kids, so if he did leave there could be many other more practical and family matters involved.

I've been open to kimi joining Renault for a while now, same with haas as its affectivly a Ferrari b team. Kimi has said he would drive for another team besides Ferrari so o don't know where that came from? I've heard him say before its Ferrari only but when push came to shove and he could've lost his Ferrari seat, he was then open to a move.

So Allison was a bust then at Ferrari. Thus this brings up the question, did he just get lucky with the 2012/13 Lotus!?

Or is his position untenable at Ferrari with all the higher uppers breathing down his neck.

EDIT: Prob a bit harsh when thinking about it more. Allisons wife recently died and he's got kids, so if he did leave there could be many other more practical and family matters involved.

Correct. That's how it was explained (kids), however since that article came out, Allison has denied that he is leaving Maranello.

Problem is, people have denied various issues before, delaying inevitable, and why even this subject came up, if there is no fire behind it?

Where all this love for Allison gone? Saying he was going to bring Ferrari back and blah blah blah, what a crack up, look before you leaps guys lol.

Where all this love for Allison gone? Saying he was going to bring Ferrari back and blah blah blah, what a crack up, look before you leaps guys lol.

"You guys" must include some other people. Based on what I see on the track, I am questioning his fitness for that job for past three years. Having said that, as noted above, he has denied that he is leaving.

Explanation - Allison is a Cambridge (great university) graduate in aero, but this is an age of the engine and chassis, and because of those two reasons I wonder how he can run this project from position of know-how. Mind you, this might change next year again.

i think they placed to much on him in a time when things away from racing needed just as much attention.

F1 is not a place where explanations, or excuses are tolerated. There is this FINISH line which you need to cross first, and nothing else counts. Just ask Vettel about 2014.

Why does everything refer to Vettel for? I know it was a figure of speech but gee whizz enough already.

I am not sure who is running strategies at Ferrari at the moment (Clear?), but that guy will screw Ferrari this season; BIG way.

Yeah well first redbull and now Ferrari, nice way to stop a Vettel charge of Mercedes were "supposed" to win.

There is noise on the net that Kimi had some not well identified problems with his equipment. The thing is, front grid cars aren't demonstrably able to overpower each other the same way, as Mercedes was doing it to all in past two years, and it doesn't takes much to slide into a midfield very quickly, as we have seen with Rosberg. He had speed and a good car, but it took too long for him to get back into a fight, once Hamilton send him off. Kimi's car was not bad, but it wasn't enough to make the difference. Kimi still has speed, I do not doubt that, but he might be a tad slower than in his best days.

Yeah he may not be as fast as he used to be but he has seemed to found some form compared to previous seasons.

The Sky never stops to amuse me. Vettel is running the Maranello?

http://www.gptoday.c...unning_Ferrari/

Italy:

http://topspeed.gazzetta.it/2016/06/13/se-la-ferrari-non-vince-e-colpa-della-gazzetta-ma-dai/?refresh_ce-cp

Seb was advising Italian press, and it did not go down well, as link suggests.

This is what Seb actually said after the race:

Q: (Luigi Perna – La Gazzetta dello Sport) A question for Seb. Seb, during this weekend we’ve seen one of the closest gaps between Ferrari and Mercedes. Are you confident you feel you can be even closer to a win in the next race?

SV: First of all, I hope that you write exactly that tomorrow: that we were closer than ever. So, I think sometimes it’s a bit surreal. We are an Italian team. I think Ferrari stands for great passion and a lot of values in Italy and sometimes it seems like the Italian press is our biggest opponent. So, maybe you can write something nice, which would be a nice message for all the people in Maranello that are really working their arse off day in, day out to make a strong Ferrari car.

Vettel blames two suicidal seagulls as to why he couldn't catch Lewis,I posted the clip the other day, it's hilarious, saying that they didn't even move and he had to brake while Lewis didn't.

Vettel blames two suicidal seagulls as to why he couldn't catch Lewis,I posted the clip the other day, it's hilarious, saying that they didn't even move and he had to brake while Lewis didn't.

I never know whether Anglo have any sense of humor. That "talk" was his way to deflect criticism of his team (strategy thing), taking responsibility for P2 onto himslef. It was meant as a joke. (I am writing this as someone who speaks and lives in the same cultural norms).

That's what I meant sakae I now it was a joke and it was quite funny, that's all I meant by it.