Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

IMO though, this is the second time this season that Vettel has attempted a move down the inside and it ends in tears. I fact this is the first time he didn't blame anyone I was literally shocked. He did it at spa and now sepang, what shocked me is how quick everyone had a go at max for it and yet Vettel gets a "get out of jail free" card.

12 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I can't see Ferrari getting rid of Vettel. The Tifosi and heck probably most Ferrari fans are not happy. Even though the media might be having a crack at him, they aren't that fickle. The team is a shambles. No wonder Allison left. Dear Leader Marchionne is the problem. Since he's taken a more hands on approach they've only gone backwards. Their pit strategies for some years now are always wrong. The car is not fast and they don't appear to have made up any ground to anyone. In fact Red Bull are faster. Replacing a driver isn't going to change anything.

Vettel being vilified for the first corner move at Sepang total hypocrisy when we've seen dodgy crap happen all year long with other teenie bopper drivers.

I think honestly Ferrari need to either get first row, or drop back from the 3-6 grid spots. It's just far too dangerous for both drivers.

It will be interesting to see, what kind of changes all that noise will have on Sebastian.

Seb just needs to keep fully focussed so he can mount a challenge next season.

Vettel got jail free after last incident at KL? Let me see:

- grid positional penalty (3 places)

- internet is exploding - I even do not wish to comment on general defamation of his persona and all of his achievements during is career in F1

- management publicly has not defended Seb at all, yet there are several aspects they could, altho height of general hysteria is such, maybe there is no point trying, as that would make it worse

- media are going berserk, questioning his existence at Ferrari; in fact, I read in NY' paper, that someone ambushed J. Elkann (SM' superior), and in reality the highest executive authority for Fiat/Ferrari, inquiring in very suggestive manner, whether Vettel should continue next year with Scuderia. Some media are even blaming Vettel for degrading the brand, because he gave a reason to other drivers to call him idiot, etc.

In its totality, this is nothing against what MV received?  I am lost how people can look at the same thing and interpret it in very much different manner.

Your missing the point and you always do sakae, Ian not going to debate about this again but I will say this. When is it ever going to be vettels fault? Max did the same thing and didn't even hit anyone and he got smashed for it, surely a 4x champ should know better and not throw stones if you live in a glass house as they say. All I want to know is when will you go "well, that was vettels fault there" I don't think you ever will.

This is what is hurting Ferrari, all this negative media,hype and critisism. Just let them be, yeah it's not going according to plan or reaching expectations but how many seasons really do? Both drivers are doing the best possible, the car has pace as we have seen so just let it be. All this drama away from the track is affecting them on the circuit with such negative media and such. It's creating added and unwanted and needed pressure and when an incident happens, its blown out of proportion and just snowballs. But I also can't help feeling they brought it upon themselves with the internal reshuffle.

Red Bull was surprised? Well, obviously not as much as Ferrari fans were.

I wonder who it is on Ferrari's pit-wall, who is responsible for making those precious ad hoc decisions as a race is evolving. Is it Riccardo Adami, Jock Clear, or those two play rock-paper-scissors in one race, whereas on more difficult occasions they flip the coin?

2016: 1 Mercedes, RedBull
      3 Ferrari

Reliability tally = failing to finish a race due to equipment failure. Could be, that Ferrari is mounting some parts which they did not had time to fully test for durability. Shortly put, in order to catch frontrunners, they are rushing it. Parts could be effective in intended function, but it is risky from a different angle.

Maybe it's nothing, maybe there just running there engines down to quick before swapping them out. 

Could this help?

Since 1897, first aero tunnel tested car with aerodynamics slant before Newey was even born. Maybe Scuderia could borrow some of their ideas. Built in central EU, rather than in Motorwaley on the island. 

Kimi, turning in 37 and going strong. Congratulation to him. He has good time now; likes his car, the way it is going, and of course tying a knot in summer with a beautiful woman. Perfect life.

I must say I have new found respect for kimi in just the way he handled himself and the media when he was having a bad run of form. Most drivers his age, that would've put an end to there career, he came back faster and stronger IMO. I to will miss kimi the day he decides to hang it up.

I also am enjoying him being back at the front, although I can't help wondering whether Kimi has got much better or Vettel has got much worse?

If Alonso went back to Ferrari would he thrash Kimi in the way he did 2 years ago?

That is a good question jem. I believe alonso would still beat him but no where near as much and I think most of it comes down to simply changing the rods on the suspension from a push to a pull or a pull to a push or however he likes it but I do know alonso preferred one of the settings over the other and it didn't help kimi. But when your seen as the better driver, you get that choice and it doesn't matter if the other driver was there before you. If your known as a better driver, you'll always get what you want. Like for example if senna was going to partner patrese at Williams. Williams would build the car and give senna what he wants before patrese because he's better, you know what I mean?

Don't believe it for a second but even if it were true, why?? Boullier had a good stint at Lotus but ever since has been overseeing a giant failure of a project

I am not qualified to assert that EB is a right man for Ferrari, but I do believe he has enough of reasons to leave that place - McLaren - and do something else. What I know of him nudging me to say, that he could be more able TP than just a PR person. Extremely intelligent, capable engineer who understands car systems from technical side, just as racing business in all areas. He is too pragmatic and down to Earth to work with someone like Dennis. His departure is just a matter of time, methinks, and it is not IF, but WHEN.

1 hour ago, Jem of the Shire said:

Don't believe it for a second but even if it were true, why?? Boullier had a good stint at Lotus but ever since has been overseeing a giant failure of a project

How can you say mclaren is a failure? Where they are now compared to twelve months ago is night and day difference. Mclaren is coming back.

I do not envy Arrivabene.

On the other hand, I think MA must have known what will follow, if certain people aren't impressed. While it is important what Marchionne thinks, in my view it is more important what Messrs. Piero Ferrari and John Elkann will do, and whether they intervene and steer Marchionne for cool down moment. 

Drivers press conference (Austin). Vettel felt that Ferrari was under attack by "clever" journalist, and he has responded. Any open minded person must see how mature and experienced 4x champ - Vettel - is, dealing with annoyance with grace.

Q: (Livio Oricchio – Globo Esporte.com) Sebastian, one of the reasons Ferrari is getting better results recently is that the team is developing the car while other teams in the second part of the season, as far as you know, no, they are concentrated on next year’s project. The question is, what is this development for and considering the knowledge you have now, can you use next year’s car more? The limitation of forty hours wind tunnel combined with cfd is there for this year’s car and next year’s car so it means are you using space of next year’s car in this existing car? Your comment please?

SV: Well, thank you for the lesson but I think I know the rules particularly well and so does the team so I think everything that we brought this year to the car has always been the plan to be brought to the car and I think everything that we brought made sense. I don’t think that we’re the only ones still bringing bits to the car. I think it’s normal in this time that if you’re not fighting actively for the championship obviously your main focus is on next year, given the demands of the rules that are changing but I still see the point in going round, I see the point of going to the next four races, not just to try and win and be successful and be there and fight, but also to learn about this year’s car which ultimately will help you also with next year’s car. I think every lap that we spend we try to spend wisely, we try to do the right thing in order to maximise the moment but in particular, looking forward to next year. So thanks for the lesson again. I am well aware of the hours and how they are split and so on but as I said, I’m confident we’re doing the right thing.

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/10/20/thursday-press-conference-2016-us-grand-prix/#H9fqOvhwc1JQMlPO.99

Brawn is the only guy capable of pulling f1 out of this pit and making it the pinnacle of Motorsport again.

Even if he has all the best ideas in the world and speaks for the fans, theres only so much you can do with the big manufacturers quite willing to block/veto anything they don't like