Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Has this remark any substance based on evidence, or it's just flavor of the day regardless of facts on the ground?

Its very clear to see that if Ferrari don't fix their aero solution / developments next year will be a repeat of this year. Their engine is on par, but on a track as twisty as the US their flaws are painstakingly evident. There's only so much a driver can do

Has anyone doubts that some parts of FiA are after Vettel?

I don't. Issuing penalty (3 demerit points) for what was basically a racing incident, while ignoring some other cases, now he receives penalty because he didn't stay on left side of bollard when he was returning to the pits. That is after FP2 ended, ladies and gentlemen. Some officials perhaps should have tattoos on their forehead, consistency is not our first priority. We just hate some drivers, and we make it stick. Busy, busy, busy... 

Maybe his behaviour in the past has pi$$ed some people of and they get him back if they can. IMO Vettel wants to play hard but won't take any flack for what happens. Take the good with the bad mate. Besides if you can count his mistakes as racing incidents, then you need to leave verstappen alone. There is a reason why verstappen got away with it and Seb didn't because Seb made a mistake and if an experienced race driver on the steward panel can see it the same way then I think biased approach is being used here.  Sebs been getting away with to much for to long, now he's getting his just desserts and he claims he's the victim, harden up princess.

Sorry, but that's rubbish what you are writing. Your anti-Vettel tirades and campaigns are really tiresome and putting me off. Vettel was trying after FP2 on his way back to go around McLaren which was blocking his path for some reason, and in doing so, he has inadvertently came onto "forbidden" side of bollard. 2 second, 5 seconds, it doesn't matter. It was just momentary, evasive move. Someone saw it, immediately reported him, and Whiting hurried up to mark him down. I think common sense has taken leave from F1, and that's a point here. Verstappen, a subject you brought up into this, should have received a word on several occasions this season, but got Scott free. If you want to claim here that FiA is consistent how they treat drivers, then that's fine with me, but then you are merely reinforcing your support for double standard. Just remember Hamilton running Rosberg in T1 last year off the tarmac - no penalty, no reprimands, not even boo, and here FiA makes a case out of molehill.

I am not alone who has considered some of this year incidents just racing cases unworthy of punitive measures, or defaming the driver. I think one or two guys on this forum, and if you do not see it the same way, Prost said the same. Now you can accuse him not knowing anything of racing too.

You have to stop assuming sakae. I never said I hated Vettel, I do hate how he can't do no wrong and his fans critisise other drivers for things they do but stand up for Seb when he does the same like wtf. Call the kettle black mate geez. thays all I get upset about mate, is the assumption from people thinking they know how I feel and think about Vettel and the inconsistencies and biased approach when commenting on race incidents. You read into it to much sakae, you simply got to stop being so biased towards Seb mate. Call it how it is, no shame in admitting he stuffed up, I won't think any less of you.

1. 16 hours ago, Emmcee said:

You have to stop assuming sakae. I never said I hated Vettel, I do hate how he can't do no wrong and his fans critisise other drivers for things they do but stand up for Seb when he does the same like wtf. Call the kettle black mate geez. thays all I get upset about mate, is the assumption from people thinking they know how I feel and think about Vettel and the inconsistencies and biased approach when commenting on race incidents. You read into it to much sakae, you simply got to stop being so biased towards Seb mate. Call it how it is, no shame in admitting he stuffed up, I won't think any less of you.

Just admit you hate the guy, you had it in for him since he beat your wonder-boy Webber four years in a row...

Kimi had another gearbox change....I mean....WTF is going on at Ferrari????

Ohh I hated him at Redbull, not for the fact he beat webber as it was pretty clear early on in the partnership who was faster out of the two. I hated him for thinking he was bigger than the team that made him. His attitude changed as he moved to Ferrari, nice change of scenery, not to mention getting more mature through father hood. But he still needs to learn that it's ok to admit you made a mistake, id rather come of looking like an idiot than a lying idiot wouldn't you?

11 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Ohh I hated him at Redbull, not for the fact he beat webber as it was pretty clear early on in the partnership who was faster out of the two. I hated him for thinking he was bigger than the team that made him. His attitude changed as he moved to Ferrari, nice change of scenery, not to mention getting more mature through father hood. But he still needs to learn that it's ok to admit you made a mistake, id rather come of looking like an idiot than a lying idiot wouldn't you?

Nothing at all changed from the time he was at RedBull to his current sting at Ferrari. He's still the same guy

Who insinuated he came off looking like an idiot at some stage? Are you referring to that idiot MadMax who made that comment?

No probably not, if he had the chance to put himself before the team again I guess he would. He did look like an idiot IMO, causing the accident with webber in Turkey 2010 and loosing the plot, not to mention IMO causing a couple of incidents this year and blaming others. That comes of looking like an idiot when you can see what he did was wrong. But this is all based of personal assumption, some will agree and some won't. He was also seen at Redbull garage over the weekend, sparking rumours he could be looking for after 2017. 

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

How many times will Ferrari Screw up Kim's race ? 

:furious:

What was even more amazing was the strategy. Who is the d#ckhead that decided NOT to bring Kimi in after the VSC to gain 10 sec's and have a go at Ric

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What was even more amazing was the strategy. Who is the d#ckhead that decided NOT to bring Kimi in after the VSC to gain 10 sec's and have a go at Ric

Ferrari PIT is clueless

29 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That was just brain dead wasn't it? I was shocked to seenkimi stay out. The amount of points Ferrari have lost due to poor strategy is a joke. The arguably have the best lineup on the grid but struggle to score points. It's like they stopped developing the car after Monaco.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

That was just brain dead wasn't it? I was shocked to seenkimi stay out. The amount of points Ferrari have lost due to poor strategy is a joke. The arguably have the best lineup on the grid but struggle to score points. It's like they stopped developing the car after Monaco.

In my view, Seb won't take another fruitless year at Ferrari. If they not fighting for wins next year, the dream will be over

You never know, I couldn't see Seb driving for anyone else anyway, but the. Again, he isn't one to be known for his patience.

Driver of the day must goto Kimi... for not punching the camera man as he walked back down the pits... for not grabbing his engineer by the collar and giving him a beatdown, and for the incredible situation whereby not a single mechanic ran down the pit lane to assist him.

Good on the Kimster for deciding he'd like a 3 pit stop race, and also because he knew best and stayed out during the VSC, and then again for attaching his rear wheel correctly. I mean it's not that hard is it.

It's now become farcical at Ferrari. Things are very very bad there at the moment and they will get alot worse.

34 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Driver of the day must goto Kimi... for not punching the camera man as he walked back down the pits... for not grabbing his engineer by the collar and giving him a beatdown, and for the incredible situation whereby not a single mechanic ran down the pit lane to assist him.

Good on the Kimster for deciding he'd like a 3 pit stop race, and also because he knew best and stayed out during the VSC, and then again for attaching his rear wheel correctly. I mean it's not that hard is it.

It's now become farcical at Ferrari. Things are very very bad there at the moment and they will get alot worse.

I do not follow those things, but accidently I bumped into an article that Verstappen got it instead. I am not sure what's going on in Maranello, but this year it seems that establishment placed all their might, including car design, behind Kimi, not that is anything wrong with that. Both drivers stand now 3 DNF each, Seb has in addition one DNS. Seb is far from happy with current situation, and despite calming rhetoric, I am not sure anymore about 2018. I read in one obscure article in Germany, that his friends are talking about his retirement, a word, which is with increasing frequency appearing in his (private?) conversations, without actually committing himself to the exit as yet. His mindset seem in similar shape as we observe with Alonso. 

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

If I was Kimi I would have punch and kick the balls of Arivabene in front of the camera :D

How could verstappen be awarded driver of the day? He didn't even finish the race.

17 hours ago, Emmcee said:

How could verstappen be awarded driver of the day? He didn't even finish the race.

I thought they were joking , no ?

Nope, he certainly got it. I just can't justify how it can be awarded when he didn't even finish the race. What's next? Giving it to a driver for setting one fastest lap?