Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

In contrast to self appointed "experts" on the sidelines, this is what Jean Todt  thinks (about Ferrari):

"They are lacking 10% in comparison to Mercedes and 3% to Red Bull, that's not a lot," Todt said in an interview with Italy's Corriere della Sera.

Unfortunately margin was still large enough to lose the championship, and despite vile yammering on the internet, Ferrari, as I think, is not too bad off as they are. Vettel lost a race or two this year, maybe three due to risky strategy miscalculations, but that's water under the bridge today.  

69 days to testing!  

Sergio M.:

Speaking during the team’s annual Christmas function for media, Marchionne said, “We did not have a successful season, and in 2016 we made a fool of ourselves saying that we had already reached the level of Mercedes.”

We? Who is we? I heard only one man making these predictions.

I think Ferrari are trying to run the team from the boardroom instead of on track, to many chiefs and not enough Indians in that team, they were a mess this year. Didn't capitilise on pace when they had it and when they did, to all screw it up on strategy. They realistically should've won 2-3 races this season and to many big egos distroyed that IMO.

Ferrari, this time Marchionne, is again threatening Vettel.  If this line of hip hip hurray continues, I fear - as a Vettel's fan - there could be more seats available for young drivers in 2018, because there could be Rosberg like copy cat echo on the grid. I do not see Sebastian going anywhere else, but to his family. That would be also my end of the line called F1. 

I'm out once Kimi leaves Sakae. I've been a Seb supporter way back when he was in TR, but even him doing well isn't enough to keep me interested. F1 isn't going in the direction I want to be a part of. I'm not interested in electrical cars, and I certainly am not interested in how the past 3 years have gone with the teams not being allowed to test, upgrade or have an honest chance. I can't claim it's rigged, but we do know whose going to win each weekend. I wonder if better companies even take bets on what team will win each race.

Marchionne is a rotten apple and unfortunately Ferrari will go nowhere as long as he's around.

8 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm out once Kimi leaves Sakae. I've been a Seb supporter way back when he was in TR, but even him doing well isn't enough to keep me interested. F1 isn't going in the direction I want to be a part of. I'm not interested in electrical cars, and I certainly am not interested in how the past 3 years have gone with the teams not being allowed to test, upgrade or have an honest chance. I can't claim it's rigged, but we do know whose going to win each weekend. I wonder if better companies even take bets on what team will win each race.

Marchionne is a rotten apple and unfortunately Ferrari will go nowhere as long as he's around.

Another two new vacant seats by the track side? Unfortunately interest is really on cooling side of things. Vettel actually said something similar already how he feels, and we shall see if next year something will change. Ferrari might be looking for two new drivers in 2018, with KImi and Seb retiring from the sport. 

The way I take Seb is he can't stand not winning all the time. I know everyone wants to win all the time but since he won 4 titles, he gets frustrated and shoots of at the mouth all to soon. He has to take the good with the bad otherwise if schumi had the same attitude, he would retired before he went on his 5 titles spree. He needs to take a leaf out of his mentors book and head down a$$ up and get on with it.

New Sergio?

2016 in review

Ferrari slumped to third in the constructors' championship in 2016, failing to win a race having tasted victory three times in 2015. The 2016 (Allison) car proved temperamental, unreliable, and tricky to develop effectively, with Ferrari falling away from Mercedes and slipping behind Red Bull as the season progressed...

"The worst thing, besides scoring no victories, is that the car remained the same throughout the year, without improving performance-wise.

Maybe their drivers then were better in driving such car, than they received credit for it on the sidelines.

I saw another quote from SM Sakae where he said he's not going to make any predictions, and that if 2017 is another crap year the blame will lay with him. Where on earth did this humble tone come from? And then him saying they don't need a Brawn or a Paddy to come in as the Hero and that he didn't want anymore personal changes. Interesting. Part of that has to be pride, in that he knows there are more qualified people out there, but that he can't bring himself to add them to the team as it show them all up as incompetant.

I guess Brawn was telling the truth in that he never did get any offers from Ferrari or other teams.

At any rate, I think his tune will change when 2017 rolls around and they are still coming in 3rd. Which when you think about it means, either Kimi or Seb, are doing 100% of the absolute maximum to get those results. They don't have the car for race wins. And actually will be lucky to even get 3rd now that RBR are stronger.

I am wondering what is TRUE state of relationship between Vettel and his management. Not surprisingly, certain segment of media are exploiting to its fullness (and little over that) what could have been merely clumsily worded remarks, and drive wedge into it, or is there an unrepairable crack? 

They should be backing Vettel 100% if the have any hope or plans on securing a title anytime soon.

Vettel never critiqued directly his team, and if there was self-appraisal, he always included himself as a part of the scenario under discussion. If Kimi will decide to leave end of 2017, and Seb will be pushed out, I want to hear rhetoric how they will manage championship with two new drivers. Most likely scenario a year down the road would be Seb will be pushed out, Kimi stays. It would surprise me to hear that Seb changed a team on his own. So far I am of impression its Ferrari or retirement for him, and nothing else.

Kimi is left alone because he is quiet and that's what Ferrari want. Unless Seb wins, he has to shut his mouth. Reguardless if he's talking about the team or not, Ferrari won't push him out unless they can nab Ricciardo or verstappen which won't happen. On the flip side his results need to waiver and he has certainly done his job IMO. See sakae, that's calling it how it is and not being biased. Highlight that as I haven't said anything bad about Vettel here.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Vettel never critiqued directly his team, and if there was self-appraisal, he always included himself as a part of the scenario under discussion. If Kimi will decide to leave end of 2017, and Seb will be pushed out, I want to hear rhetoric how they will manage championship with two new drivers. Most likely scenario a year down the road would be Seb will be pushed out, Kimi stays. It would surprise me to hear that Seb changed a team on his own. So far I am of impression its Ferrari or retirement for him, and nothing else.

Seb isn't going to leave F1 if he loses his Ferrari seat. He so wants to emulate Schumi's career, I just can't see him pulling a Nico and bailing. He's too driven to give up.

Where he goes, and that's if he goes is the question. If Ferrari do poorly again in 2017, the cars might actually be fun to drive, and thus Kimi might want to stick around. Seb might too, or he might be either shoved out, or leave on his own account. Let's not discount the fact Seb is an ultra intelligent cookie here. He's going to have options if he wants to continue in F1. Let's say Bottas goes to Merc and does average. Seb becomes avail in 2018, and he's in at Merc. He could also drive for McLaren, but I think Ron leaving there is going to change the entire fabric of that team now. He could even go back to Red Bull. Horner and Marko would have him back in a heartbeat, but only if Max or Ricci move on.

I'm not feeling the Seb vs SM & MA tension at the moment, but it could be that the press (Brit) are being Lewi's mouthpiece at present waiting for who will be his team mate, and hopefully one that will be forced and told by the team to be the #2 and to STFU about it. Tensions will rise again at Ferrari because SM is in charge. I guess having Brawn back there is a total pipedream, and even then, we need Luca back running the team as well.

25 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Kimi is left alone because he is quiet and that's what Ferrari want. Unless Seb wins, he has to shut his mouth. Reguardless if he's talking about the team or not, Ferrari won't push him out unless they can nab Ricciardo or verstappen which won't happen. On the flip side his results need to waiver and he has certainly done his job IMO. See sakae, that's calling it how it is and not being biased. Highlight that as I haven't said anything bad about Vettel here.

No, you hate people, and you cannot help yourself. Maybe you could take your own advise...?

7 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Seb isn't going to leave F1 if he loses his Ferrari seat. He so wants to emulate Schumi's career, I just can't see him pulling a Nico and bailing. He's too driven to give up.

Where he goes, and that's if he goes is the question. If Ferrari do poorly again in 2017, the cars might actually be fun to drive, and thus Kimi might want to stick around. Seb might too, or he might be either shoved out, or leave on his own account. Let's not discount the fact Seb is an ultra intelligent cookie here. He's going to have options if he wants to continue in F1. Let's say Bottas goes to Merc and does average. Seb becomes avail in 2018, and he's in at Merc. He could also drive for McLaren, but I think Ron leaving there is going to change the entire fabric of that team now. He could even go back to Red Bull. Horner and Marko would have him back in a heartbeat, but only if Max or Ricci move on.

I'm not feeling the Seb vs SM & MA tension at the moment, but it could be that the press (Brit) are being Lewi's mouthpiece at present waiting for who will be his team mate, and hopefully one that will be forced and told by the team to be the #2 and to STFU about it. Tensions will rise again at Ferrari because SM is in charge. I guess having Brawn back there is a total pipedream, and even then, we need Luca back running the team as well.

I do appreciate optimistic tone, but signs are not too good. From German sources I've developed feeling that Seb has enough. He obviously feels wronged on calls in several incidents this year, FiA's selective justice, media attacks, and now snarky comments by his management. Otherwise smiling and optimistic fellow, he sounded to me as someone who is not blaming anyone specifically, yet I think he is ready to leave, or at least thinking about it. His mood is down at the moment, and he will not take it home that way so it affects his wife/partner and childern. Winter break, despite foreign terror in Berlin, has not come a moment too soon.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

No, you hate people, and you cannot help yourself. Maybe you could take your own advise...?

You making assumptions again sakae that are totally incorrect? Sounds like it to me, you got to stop thinking you know everything mate. Who are you? Dr. Phil?