Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Correction after Allison.

Ferrari shall operate in the future as horizontal organization, instead a dictator at the top of a pyramid. IMO it's a good start. Sounds to me something more of seen in Japan, where decision-making is diffused, while responsibility is concentrated. Mercedes operates successfully on a such system. More power to them.

Rate there going they won't have a driver finishing in the top 3 either.

Sebastian-Vettels-Ferrari-2017-F1-tyre-t

I know this is the 2015 car, but hmmm wow! we might be finally getting back to something that resembles a F1 car. Love the front wing being narrower again. I HATE how it's so wide now. Seriously how many flat tyres have we seen being caused by the front wings hitting other cars. I'd like the rear wing to be wider. Hopefully the proper 2017 cars will rock even more!

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

Sebastian-Vettels-Ferrari-2017-F1-tyre-t

I know this is the 2015 car, but hmmm wow! we might be finally getting back to something that resembles a F1 car. Love the front wing being narrower again. I HATE how it's so wide now. Seriously how many flat tyres have we seen being caused by the front wings hitting other cars. I'd like the rear wing to be wider. Hopefully the proper 2017 cars will rock even more!

Don't worry about aesthetics, because ugliness will be back soon. You didn't think that all those highly paid aero guys will make themselves redundant and lose their income, did you? 

Wow that looks better already, sure the front wing is shorter? As the tyres are wider, looks lower though. Rear wing looks wider but that needs to be lowered abit other than that, it's a vast imprivemt already.

I find amusing how the internet is buzzing with unsolicited advises to Ferrari on what they need to snap out from current predicament. Most precious is screaming how they need Allison to come back, or either Brawn or Newey (maybe preferably both). The same people could not be bothered by reality, that it was de facto under Allison's watch, when Ferrari ended up where they are. Secondly, all Italians are incompetent idiots and the only bright people live on the island, is really preposterous bordering on bigotry. There is no doubt in my mind that Mattia Binotto has to get his chance, and I do not believe in magic pill, nor miracles. Right now, the car is, or isn't salvageable for this season; we simply have to wait, but it is not going to be easy, so much is safe to say.

Ferrari’s drop in performance has been compounded by technical director James Allison’s departure and recent overhauls, though Vettel insisted in Germany that the team has “the right people on board”.

We are reorganising the team, without panicking because taking that decision means we are clear in mind what to do in terms of organisation,” Arrivabene added.

"And moving forward for the rest of the season we know as well very clearly the areas where we have to improve.

“But if I look at the situation now and I go back, I think we don't have great improvements in terms of downforce since Barcelona. That is the problem.

This reads to me as an admission that Ferrari made a calculated decision regarding Allison's future with Maranello.

Well Gerhard Berger believes Ferrari will feel the gap left by Allison for some time. I mean Gerhard would know, he spent a few years there.

Yea, if the problem was fixable by a little reorganization, promoting within and just getting rid of a few bad apples.....then I don't think they would have had a problem to start with. I think 2017 will be a long year for Ferrari/Vettel fans.

Your sure about that? I mean that's all it took for Schumacher to bring them back, just squiring the right people.

I like that.

The only clarification is needed, whether reference pertaining to adoption is being made to  McLaren's organizational structure before, or after E. Boullier instituted correction. If I recall, Eric said, upon his arrival there were in place truck load of bloated egos, bloated job non-representative titles, and too many walls, too many doors, so he changed that. Seems to be working now. Open space environment is also more in-line with Honda's back-home practices.

Mercedes - for comparison. Is it just me, ot the whole thing makes no sense, and Merc is top heavy, too heavy. How many cooks they have on technical side? The same at the track...

Executive director (technical): Paddy Lowe
Executive director (business): Toto Wolff
Non-executive chairman: Niki Lauda
Managing director of Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains: Andy Cowell
Technical director: Bob Bell
Engineering director: Aldo Costa
Technology director: Geoff Willis
Sporting director: Ron Meadows
Performance director: Mark Ellis
Chief engineer, simulation and development: Giles Wood
Chief mechanic: Matthew Deane
Chief race engineer: Andrew Shovlin
Chief track engineer: Simon Cole
Race engineer (
Lewis Hamilton): Peter Bonnington
Race engineer (
Nico Rosberg): Tony Ross
Performance engineer (Lewis Hamilton): 
Performance engineer (Nico Rosberg): Riccardo Musconi

I knew Montezemolo is LOL somewhere ...

.....Montezemolo struggles to hold tongue over Ferrari F1.....

30 minutes ago, radical-one said:

I knew Montezemolo is LOL somewhere ...

.....Montezemolo struggles to hold tongue over Ferrari F1.....

His response to departure of Allison was actually one of high level of sarcasm. Paraphrasing, he admitted to be happy, that Marchionne considers his staff as sufficiently competent to move forward without knee jerk type of changes. Happy to hear that, said he, because I hired them all in the first place.

Waddya mean knee jerk reaction? He's done it already with getting rid of Allison failing to see the fault of the big picture, himself.

I could be in minority here, but in my view, Allison had to go. Personal tragedy serves as background explanation to what was, I think, inevitable. Car has been lacking, and person responsible has been discharged. He was on that job well over two years, and cruel as it sounds, there is no point to hide it. Besides, rumor has it, that he was looking for his way out anyway. In that position it is 24/7, and not a part time job. I always maintain, had he felt that he was spinning his wheels wrong way, he should have exited sooner, and reasons stated would have been exactly that. Like Webber at RBR. Bit****g how unfair world is, but then he goes, and signs a new contract. Barichello was another such artist. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:09 PM, Emmcee said:

Your sure about that? I mean that's all it took for Schumacher to bring them back, just squiring the right people.

Well, a direct comparison to 1996 is in order. In 1995 Ferrari won one race (Alesi) and placed third in championship. In 1996 they brought in Schumacher, Byrne and Brawn (and Byrne may have been the most important of those three).....and won three races and ended up 2nd in Championship. They were only able to win the team championship in 1999 (4 years later) and the driver championship the following year (5 years later) .

Fast forward to 2016.....Ferrari is again on its way to third in the championship and possibly no wins. They already have a proven four-times world champion on the team who is certainly better than Alesi was. They have no Brawn yet (or his equivalent) and no Byrne yet (or his equivalent). In 1996 all the stars were properly aligned and it took five years to win a championship. For 2017......it does not appear that all the stars are properly aligned yet....so it may be a while before they win a championship.

I am certainly in no position giving advises to anyone, even less Ferrari, but my general experience is, what matters is not a country which issued their passport, but whether engineering team correctly identified causes behind some of their issues, and subsequently are able to instituted remedial process as rapidly as possible. Interesting question rather would be, whether they can still do it this year. Brawn, and bless the guy, did not designed Schumacher's Ferrari, there were others for that job. He even did not managed the team, JT did, but Ross was darn good strategist. Ferrari of today could use a good strategist, so I thought on at least on one or two odd occassions. Drivers are optimists, saying better times are ahead.

4 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, a direct comparison to 1996 is in order. In 1995 Ferrari won one race (Alesi) and placed third in championship. In 1996 they brought in Schumacher, Byrne and Brawn (and Byrne may have been the most important of those three).....and won three races and ended up 2nd in Championship. They were only able to win the team championship in 1999 (4 years later) and the driver championship the following year (5 years later) .

Fast forward to 2016.....Ferrari is again on its way to third in the championship and possibly no wins. They already have a proven four-times world champion on the team who is certainly better than Alesi was. They have no Brawn yet (or his equivalent) and no Byrne yet (or his equivalent). In 1996 all the stars were properly aligned and it took five years to win a championship. For 2017......it does not appear that all the stars are properly aligned yet....so it may be a while before they win a championship.

Your missing one key ingredient there that was the cause of Williams in the 90s and mclaren in the late 90s being so dominant. Adrian Newey, he's a wizard at finding loop holes in new regulations and interpreting them the best. That's the key there. The stars weren't all in align for Ferrari until the end of 98/99 when they aquired  the full staff they had that got them titles. Plus there transformation from the v12 to the v10 required a complete overhaul of the entire package.

I don't think they'll catch redbull now mate. The circuits coming up favour the redbull chassis.

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

There is RBR to put away to its proper place, radical.

Not sure about that. The way I see it,  Redbull is competing with Mercs now.

Ferrari will compete with Williams, Force Inda and McLaren:honda::cooper: