Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

Merc are competing with Merc. RBR are there for the scraps, engine blowups, internal waring teammates. NO team will ever come close to Merc during these current regs.

Hamilton turned his engine down on lap 2. LAP 2. Let that sink for a moment.

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Merc are competing with Merc. RBR are there for the scraps, engine blowups, internal waring teammates. NO team will ever come close to Merc during these current regs.

+1

FiA gifting championship to Brackley for so many years will remain dark smudge in F1 history. For RBR to stay in P2, Ferrari would have to cooperate, and that in big way. I have patience and wait.

OMG your not saying the sports rigged by any means are you?

Making mistakes (homologation, token system, curtailing testing and development), is human, but unwillingness to correct it, only in this series. Brackley certainly benefitted from having that high-wall built behind them. Situation in 2014 can be understood, continuance in 2015 and onwards are hard to take. Wise man said long time ago, committing a mistake once is human, committing the same mistake twice and hoping for different result is stupid. (I was actually tempted to slide in evil intent, instead stupid).

"Wise man once said, laziness is effective consistency, I said feet are just Sh!7 hands"

I do reject notion that teams behind Mercedes were lazy, or totally inept regarding hybrid technology, state of which was revealed only in first months of 2014, them without being able to actually test it and work on it consistently and comprehensively, but if regulations do not permit remedial measures in scope and timeline necessary, it's useless to blame them from laziness. Imposed restrictivness and randomnes prevailed. Target missed. It was supposed to shake up a grid, and instead, it helped to front runner Mercedes, in rather hideous manner, and that in more than just one way.

Teams like redbull,mclaren and Ferrari were still focussing on 2013 as they were reali rocky competitive, that's my assumption.

Individual development timelines which in cases of Honda and Mercedes, if I recall correctly historical notes I've come across, go back several years prior 2014, but that's not a point I was making.

This is supposedly a series striving on competitiveness. Best ideas, and lot of money should win in November, because people work day and night, test, and test again, until they get it right. Well, those ideals took some beating in recent years, because FiA's rule book managed to create fortress Mercedes. Anyway, this argument is getting circular, and some people do not want to hear about it anymore. It is what it is, and we can only hope the same mistakes will not be repeated again next year.

On 2016/08/07 at 10:58 AM, KoolMonkey said:

Really?????

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Individual development timelines which in cases of Honda and Mercedes, if I recall correctly historical notes I've come across, go back several years prior 2014, but that's not a point I was making.

This is supposedly a series striving on competitiveness. Best ideas, and lot of money should win in November, because people work day and night, test, and test again, until they get it right. Well, those ideals took some beating in recent years, because FiA's rule book managed to create fortress Mercedes. Anyway, this argument is getting circular, and some people do not want to hear about it anymore. It is what it is, and we can only hope the same mistakes will not be repeated again next year.

No, I totally agree, in recent years we have seen dominant teams put to shame due regulations changes but this time around teams haves had to beg for something to change. They would change something minor but not the full amount. It's like they want Mercedes to succeed to help f1 or something but to its die hard fans, it's gone the complete opposite. People like to compare Ferrari and schumi dominance in the same light but fact is it's completely different. Atleast teams could try and catch Ferrari, today they can't.

12 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Really?????

"I turned down my engine pretty much from the second, third lap, I think it was,” he said. “From very early on I had already turned it down and then when he said 'it's hammer time' I was able to switch it back on and eke out the gap when needed.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/232573/1/in-control-hamilton-turned-engine-down-on-lap-two.html

Yes indeed. Ham fanatics naturally put this down to his exceptional talent. Next he'll be shutting down half the engine and only running on 3 cylinders. Then he won't even need petrol, water will suffice.

This the sport we grew up with and love. The love isn't there anymore. Once Kimi goes, I'm out. I litteraly have nothing accept Vettel to watch to keep me interested anymore.

There just trying to be to technical now, let it go and lift certain restrictions and only police things that need policing like safety for example. It blows my mind that when you ask someone who has no idea about f1 they associate it with great speed and great drivers. But when teams have to save fuel from the beginning basically like button and alonso have done, is just rediculous, let alone coasting around to save tyres.

we never see flatout battles like this anymore.

And just see how far back Berger gets the tow, without Drs or kers or ers or whatever you want to call it, just flatout racing with cars actually wide enough to get a decent tow from. If the fia want solutions, I've said it time and time again, look back at this era of racing and they will find the answers.

When was it last time I have chewed my fingernails in suspense, whether "his" tires will last one more lap before it's over? Era of professor Prost, era of different values, foreign to digital, please headlines only generation which seems to be getting tired of forever whinnying old cooks. I do not see changes to this state any time soon. Old cooks will move sideways, and left behind. Not too many choices are left for us.

On 2016/08/09 at 10:32 AM, KoolMonkey said:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/232573/1/in-control-hamilton-turned-engine-down-on-lap-two.html

Yes indeed. Ham fanatics naturally put this down to his exceptional talent. Next he'll be shutting down half the engine and only running on 3 cylinders. Then he won't even need petrol, water will suffice.

This the sport we grew up with and love. The love isn't there anymore. Once Kimi goes, I'm out. I litteraly have nothing accept Vettel to watch to keep me interested anymore.

I second that!!!!

You'll both still watch f1 if you love motor racing in general. You want walk away. I said the same in 1997, that if the 98 regs came in, if not watch, never happened. Although it's not much to get excited about today but just you willing to sacrifice time to even talk about it on a forum, means there is still some love and passion there for it.

Soon as bernie took it away from the fans and made a corporation, people like you and me loose out on that drama, hype, build up, historic authenticity that is savegly missing in the sport. But I will admit I will still watch it as the fact of the matter is that it's still reguarded as the greatest "driver" series around. Iam still gobsmacked at that clip I posted and how Berger got a tow from so far back without any aids like today. Even a car today with full open Drs can't get a draft that far back. In hindsight you look back and see that nothing at all needed to be fixed, that was at its peak, now it has to die before it will find that level again if it ever will.

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

You'll both still watch f1 if you love motor racing in general. You want walk away. I said the same in 1997, that if the 98 regs came in, if not watch, never happened. Although it's not much to get excited about today but just you willing to sacrifice time to even talk about it on a forum, means there is still some love and passion there for it.

lol probably, but it will definately feel a whole lot emptier

Of course, until you find someone else to support the same. Iam not looking forward to when kimi leaves either or jenson or Fernando for that matter as you know then that the last lot of "real" drivers have left, ones who drove the fastest ever f1 cars.

Aero guy promoted within.

Could be temp. nomination . On a side note - headlines trumpeting, that Renault is have trouble to find top line technical support, and that is, despite being located on the island. I wish someone would explain to me, why Ferrari should move out from Italy, and potentially face the same issues? Methinks good people live everywhere, one merely has to discover them, and let them fly.