Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Ferrari

http://www.motorspor...s-mount-688092/

I am not sure how Noble can write that Ferrari is matching Mercedes. That sounds like a bad joke to me. Two race, two DNFs. In the third race, Sebastian had his hands full to keep touch with Kvyat, nevermind catching, and overtaking Rosberg. SM could be as angry as he wants, but IMHO the red thing is not ready to beat Mercedes yet. I am not sure who or what is in his focus, but today probably was a day when no one could escape his wrath.

Very competitive showing by Ferrari Sakae, only one more race then we're off to Spain with upgraded PU and fixed turbo. Only then, when it does'nt work out, which I believe it will, will I lose hope. Season is long my friend

I am hoping too that not all is lost yet, but I also think, that both drivers have done not too badly with what they have right now.

You guys have to admit but, the dark horse now is redbull.

It would not surprise me if in the second half of this season there will be eight cars in contention for the top spot. RBR and Honda might join the hunt. No wonder Rosberg is running away under the radar, just to be sure. byebye.gif

For Ferrari, all races are now crucial, especially when there is no guarantee that all that is needed are drivers. Italians could get mad pretty quickly. I read someone's post the other day - we have a car, but no drivers. Oh boy, he sounded really mad after the last race. MA and SM the same tune - we are tired of P3 and P2...pressure is on.

Quote of the day:

Ferrari would rather tell grandmother that her cooking stinks, than admit there is something wrong with their PU.
lmavfa.gif

Why wouldn't you lol? "Yeah there beating us because our motor is cactus" sounds better than "there beating us because we can't do anything else" lol.

I long for the days of testing and being able to change and engine without penalties. This is utter torture. Are we as fans supposed to endure this BS until after 2020 or longer? Merc are so scared to allow any other team to catch up. Total cowards and pu$$ies.

I believe there the only team against the 2017 regs now?

So not a surprise. They are so good at delaying changes. Just look at Bernie's threat for an independant engine. So they give a little so as not to lose a whole lot.

Merc are terrible for F1. Ferrari even when they dominated added so much more to the sport than these arrogant pricks. Work harder Lauda and Wolff said. As though working harder can somehow overcome the fact you can't change your bloody engines. I dream of the day another dream wipes the smugness off these guys.

The difference with Ferrari is they earned that run of success, it wasn't that no one could change regs to catch them, no one simply couldn't. With Mercedes, they know they don't have the best chassis, it's that there pu is so significant compared to others, it makes up for its weaknesses. Even Ferrari said after the last race that seeing the pace redbull have now, it would've been suicide to give them a Ferrari motor. If the field was allowed to work on pu's Mercedes would've only won the one title.

Power

1- Mercedes

2-Ferrari

3-Renault/tag

Best chassis

1-redbull

2-mclaren

3-Ferrari.

That's how I see it.

The difference with Ferrari is they earned that run of success, it wasn't that no one could change regs to catch them, no one simply couldn't. With Mercedes, they know they don't have the best chassis, it's that there pu is so significant compared to others, it makes up for its weaknesses. Even Ferrari said after the last race that seeing the pace redbull have now, it would've been suicide to give them a Ferrari motor. If the field was allowed to work on pu's Mercedes would've only won the one title.

Power

1- Mercedes

2-Ferrari

3-Renault/tag

Best chassis

1-redbull

2-mclaren

3-Ferrari.

That's how I see it.

Are you sure with this ranking? If Mercedes has inferior chassis, they should not be winning as much as they do. Something is not adding up.

Power

1- Mercedes

2-Ferrari

3-Renault/tag

Best chassis

1-redbull

2-mclaren

3-Ferrari.

That's how I see it.

I would do a slight tweak, much noise has been made about the Mclaren chassis, but...

Power

1- Mercedes

2-Ferrari

3-Renault/tag

Best chassis

1-Redbull

2-Merc

3-Mclaren / Ferrari.

If this estimate is anywhere close to the factual, that could be bad news for Seb and Kimi. Media making, however, noise that Ferrari is going all out at Sochi, so we go all out naked with cards on the table.

MA is being quoted that according to his calculations, Ferrari is 0,1 sec behind Mercedes, thus, it is up to drivers to equalize the game. Pablo Elizalde ‏@EliGP asked for clarification - 0,1 - is it per corner..? (hahahihihoho ).

I would do a slight tweak, much noise has been made about the Mclaren chassis, but...

Power

1- Mercedes

2-Ferrari

3-Renault/tag

Best chassis

1-Redbull

2-Merc

3-Mclaren / Ferrari.

Iam not so sure Mercedes has a chassis as good as everyone thinks. I really think there power gap is so significant. Didn't someone from Mercedes so something like they have an extra 70hp over there closest rival? I think they did but anyway I would actually agree with this listing of yours than mine brad.

Sorry, that was for you to sakae.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-ferrari-bringt-update-8956059.html

New motor for a next race. Maybe Ferrari has too many on the shelves, and this is spring clearance. (/Joking). Monaco and Singapore will see lower spec engine, just as in FP we shall see older spec, therefore, the smart strategy might lessen the impact of a potential hit in the form of a penalty later on.

That's another issue, how are teams suppose to catch Mercedes when there getting penalties for this and that due to reliability when the one team they need to catch doesn't get these penalties. How you supposed to catch up? Be different if they were suffering same issues then you could "steal" points but when there basically bulletproof, it's impossible.

I'm actually strangely looking forward to the day Kimi leaves F1 now, because then maybe I can put myself out of this misery of following this sport. I can't stand it and it's insane rules anymore. I can't stand the fact teams are not able to compete. Why haven't any of them taken Bernie or the FIA to court for uncompetive practices? Even in horse races, HORSE RACING, they apply handicaps to the stronger faster horses. Yet in F1, we apply handicaps and penalties to the slowest teams, or the teams whose engines blow up. F1 is insanity personified.

I'm actually strangely looking forward to the day Kimi leaves F1 now, because then maybe I can put myself out of this misery of following this sport. I can't stand it and it's insane rules anymore. I can't stand the fact teams are not able to compete. Why haven't any of them taken Bernie or the FIA to court for uncompetive practices? Even in horse races, HORSE RACING, they apply handicaps to the stronger faster horses. Yet in F1, we apply handicaps and penalties to the slowest teams, or the teams whose engines blow up. F1 is insanity personified.

Good post btw but exactly my point, is there something we don't know about in these contracts they sign? Agreeing that they won't challenge authority if something happens they don't like? Seems no one has any balls but Seb so far and like I said times before, none of this would work back in the senna days, he would make a stand and coax others to follow suit until it rectified.

Sebastian and Kimi, both are getting some new stuff on the engines and on aero for next race. I am glad to hear that they decided on gradual improvements of the car instead on one magic moment (which might never come). The development process is easier to control that way. When there are too many new unknown factors and variables, it becomes really challenging to figure out what's beneficial, and what's has not panned out, since testing is constrained. Either way, this is getting really mysterious, as various headlines suggesting, that Ferrari is on the full blown attack. I am however also slightly uneasy, because if this effort fails, it may hit them all psychologically. Nails biter.

Based on the score of past four races, Sebastian would have to win next ten races just to balance his standing with Rosberg's. Perhaps consequently to this situation following we can expect. Focus on thrust to secure P2 in WCC, depends on developments, maybe even P1, and shift of development onto 2017 car. (I have actually forgotten to calculate Kimi, but it would be similar). Some articles claim Mercedes is experiencing reliability concerns if we can actually trust a written word in this environment.

On Ferrari side - is it too soon to actually begin to start talking about Allison's performance on this project? I could not find it anymore, but I am absolutely certain that I read a long time ago that he was not involved in 2014 project because his full focus was on 2015 year. Then, again, it was not to be, and his is 2016 project. Drivers are certain that car is better, but is it good enough? The balance was off whole Russian weekend, and both drivers at some point have acknowledged that. Gap to Rosberg has increased, and it is hard to say whether it is a tire or the car which is accountable for that.

Is it safe to say rosberg is champion this year? And if he is, I beleive they will be the first teammates to win a title each while at the same team as teammates since Prost and senna.

I do not know where Rosberg is going to be this year, but scanning the score sheet, I do not want to be categorized as muppet (per Button), but Hamilton better wins next 10 races in a hurry, if he wants to win this year. For now, he is close, but not convincingly close enough.

I can't beleive how solid rosberg is performing though, he has hit the best form of his career, like at his peak right now.