Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Mercedes

Looks pretty similar to last years but the most noticeable change would be the more oval inlet above the drivers head, seems they have reverted back to an older dual vent concept and the vanes around the side pods look interesting aswell.

http://www.f1zone.net/news/mercedes-unveils-f1-w07-hybrid/50125/

Can't say I get excited about car launches these days. The cars are usually evolutions of the previous years car and any surface detail that grabs the attention is usually unimportant, it's what's underneath the surface that matters. So few driver changes this year as well.

Looking forward to see the Haas effort. Wonder how similar it will be to last years Ferrari?

Can anyone explain where is the so much rated consistency on the part of Hamilton we expect from premium drivers, or is he just resting, reading for the big comeback later on? I've watched some British TV segment on the situation, and they thought for Rosberg winnings that it is just the temporary anomaly. They did not use exactly this word, but certainly it was jest of it.

Can anyone explain where is the so much rated consistency on the part of Hamilton we expect from premium drivers, or is he just resting, reading for the big comeback later on? I've watched some British TV segment on the situation, and they thought for Rosberg winnings that it is just the temporary anomaly. They did not use exactly this word, but certainly it was jest of it.

I believe it's temporary. Hamilton has had some misfortune at the start of course, and would have, in my mind, won bahrain at least

I believe it's temporary. Hamilton has had some misfortune at the start of course, and would have, in my mind, won Bahrain at least

Well, some misfortunes were rather self-inflicted, right? Kudos to Rosberg he capitalize on the value of the moment. Last three races in 2015, Rosberg had the better setup, explained Hamilton. Now we see something else. For whatever it is worth, I think Hamilton let situation out of his control. He might recover this weekend, but he has to hope that others stay in doldrums, otherwise this is going to be one heck of a year for him.

Well, some misfortunes were rather self-inflicted, right? Kudos to Rosberg he capitalize on the value of the moment. Last three races in 2015, Rosberg had the better setup, explained Hamilton. Now we see something else. For whatever it is worth, I think Hamilton let situation out of his control. He might recover this weekend, but he has to hope that others stay in doldrums, otherwise this is going to be one heck of a year for him.

There's nothing that i saw him do wrong at the starts, I say this from memory so I might be wrong. He's has done his job up to that point securing the poles.... Bahrain he got slammed into by an imbecile move from Bottas, I think he would have challenged Rosberg for the win

There's nothing that i saw him do wrong at the starts, I say this from memory so I might be wrong. He's has done his job up to that point securing the poles.... Bahrain he got slammed into by an imbecile move from Bottas, I think he would have challenged Rosberg for the win

To stay on the side of history, the fact is, he hasn't challenged Rosberg, and they both drive similar cars. Whether he would have challenged his teammate, is a merely speculative point, and we might just as well then add Vettel to that scenario, just for fun.

I have to apologize for being the pain in wrong places, but I am not really ready to blame Bottas for that incident. I've watched that video repeatedly, and my thought is, that Hamilton should have known that races are lost and won on the first lap these days, thus drivers are jockeying for position early, and his anticipatory radar should have been in ON, instead OFF position. Secondly, Bottas was visually next to him without ambiguity. Stewards' decision, as many times before is disappointing, but expected.

But who here thinks Hamilton wouldn't have tried the same move if positions were reversed? Because I could almost guarantee you 100% he would've done the same.

But who here thinks Hamilton wouldn't have tried the same move if positions were reversed? Because I could almost guarantee you 100% he would've done the same.

I agree that chances are high of that to happen, and to be really nasty, I also suspect that he would have gotten away with it, being excused that he is "a racer".

Hamilton would've pulled it off

Bah, Hamilton would pulled himself of more like it. No way he would've got out of there cleanly.

In pre-season testing media were salivating about Mercedes reliability. Tomorrow is a 3rd race of the season, and Hamilton will get a new PU. So much for deep reading into pres-season.

Good, maybe they will suffer the rediculous engine penalties others have had to endure the last few seasons, that alone should shake it up abit. Have Mercedes even been penalised once yet for an engine swap?

Well yeah, mclaren got hit with multiple penalties at once last season,be funny to see if Hamilton gets them.

Why would I give a crap what Mercedes has to say? Ohh no please don't leave I don't want to get another corrupt organisation, I've just got used to how this one runs.

"Told you I like you Lewis, do you beleive me now, what would I gain out of lying"

http://www.grandprix...d-championship/

Shouldn't be a man in his position little more discreet and regardless what he thinks, outwardly less bias, and staying neutral? I would say so.

Of all people he should be the most unbiased. However, we all know him too well to expect it, and we all know he cheers for who is winning or who is 'nicer' to him. He was all for Vettel until they fell out lol

This could be hint that bernie is going to turn the season in its head and hammy start clawing back. Rosberg will be struck with issues once Charlie whiting hits the button for his car, BANG!!!!

I am not sure what's going on at Brackley, but Wolff warned his drivers, if you clash again, we will impose team orders. Now, lets read tea leafs for a minute trying to understand what he is actually saying.

In a jam, I do not see Hamilton backing off at all, crush or pass, and I think Wolff knows that too. Can we therefore interpret this warning as indirect order to Rosberg letting Hamilton through voluntarily without fight and risk of collusion, or he can fight, and then in subsequent races he will be ordered over the radio to move out of the way.

Wolff is bending backwards to create impression in public how fair things are at Brackley, but once you understand his lingo within context how Rosberg has been (mis)treated for past couple of seasons, I think he is now officially designated No. 2 (domestic in cycling), whether he likes it or not.