Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Mercedes

Well, that was first what popped into my head, that accepting team orders may backfire against Rosberg, because some of us, fans, are suspicious, that he is playing second fiddle within that team structure to Lewis, and team orders will make life easier for management to continue in that charade.

Lewis needs to be positive about it and say to himself "ok nico wants orders to protect his lead because he is worried about me and worried he can't do the job on his own" that's how I would mentally prepare myself at this stage against nico and turn it into a positive booster for myself.

Are we having McDonald moment?

Hamilton "destroyed" room after Baku qualifying mistake - Lauda

Opinion: Why betrayed Mercedes faces a Zugzwang moment

Boyz will be boyz.

British press claim Mercedes are considering toughest sanction; Guilty party could be stood down from 'one or two grands prix'

I've always maintained on the forum that hiring Hamilton was a mistake, and it will backfire on MB, so, here we are. How they are going to assess who is the guilloty party is not well understood. For Austria fiasco I point a fingure to Hamilton, Wolff and Lauda equally, but to Rosberg least. Saint Peter might be called upon to do some work on those two.

Mercedes would still win races without forking out 50 mill a season for Hamilton. Time to go shopping I think.

I find ludicrous to think, they will "reform" ambitious guys in that age, who have shown nothing but contempt for their management. The other solution - who will play judge in those explosive encounters which are almost all contentious at best, and especially after the one who will be charged, will feel wronged? Rosberg for example thinks Hamilton should take reponsibility for the last weekend (and so do I).

Who will breath that heavy air before each race? Changing lineup, and I am not trying to give anybody advice her, is the only feasible solution. I would add, next guy paired with Hamilton either has to be happy being no. 2, or you need to get rid of Hamilton as a primary source of those conflicts. Schumacher and Rosberg didn't have such problems.

It was a different Schumacher when he was partnered with rosberg and you will probably find nico had a lot more respect for Michael which I would to.

Vettel and Massa apprised both the incident as a racing accident. Massa also suggested that F1 stewards got it wrong penalizing Rosberg. 

They did, I've seen some more footage that shows nico getting brake fade on both front right and rear, he simply under steered towards Lewis, nothing he could do.

What genuinely bothered me is, that stewards claimed that Hamilton didn't have a space on his left, yet I see car-width space, not to say Hamilton could still place two wheels off the tarmac. I thought that contact was avoidable, had Hamilton really wanted to avoid it, yet frame by frame examination see Rosberg turning his wheels away from Hamilton, and next moment one can see Hamilton changing (swinging) his car into Rosberg's path. What I do not understand is why I can see it, and not too many otehrs, if anyone else? I do not wish to reopen that discussion here again, but it appears that Rosberg was framed in this incident. (I am not his fan, but what was done to him screams murder. This is why he thinks that he is not guilty, and refused to accept responsibility).

Why would rosberg run that wide on purpose anyway? It will only ruin the exit out the corner. He could've lined the corner up perfectly and got Lewis on the drive out the corner and he would've done that if he didn't slide towards Lewis, brake issue 100%

There is no doubt in my mind that Rosberg got shafted by his teammate, stewards, his management, and finally, in public opinion. He had suffered loss of points, psychological blow in terms how he is (mis)treated, and 2 demerit points on his license. Booo to this all is just fine with me.

FP2 Silverstone - Rosberg had fluid leak. That's a big surprise. First brakes in Austria, then tires/race strategy, and now fluid leak - zero laps. Chain of coincidences for him. Amazing.

Mercedes chief Toto Wolff would have no problem suspending either Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg should the pair collide on track in the future.

Who will be the judge when horns tangle again, and they will? Hamilton's fans? Always reliable, and dependable FiA? That will be a lot of fun. Makes me wonder who advised him to make such statements (unless he was misquoted for one juicy and misleading headline).

As of that would happen, it's just a threat to the pair of them before enforcing team orders.

Funny thing - British media talking about suspension, asking Rosberg whether he is OK with that, and he says, thank you for telling me that, because in the internal meeting no such language was used. They do not quote however Hamilton what he thinks of if, other than that he declared, that nothing has changed for him. I am slightly confused why Wolff called Hamilton then into a meeting, instead simply sending Memo to Rosberg - here are your instructions what to do when you see Hamilton behind you.

On 2016/07/08 at 4:43 PM, Sakae said:

FP2 Silverstone - Rosberg had fluid leak. That's a big surprise. First brakes in Austria, then tires/race strategy, and now fluid leak - zero laps. Chain of coincidences for him. Amazing.

Hamilton had gazillion issues for almost all the races up to now

30 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hamilton had gazillion issues for almost all the races up to now

Could be; fact is, he has had quite a few. Does anyone keeps score between those two? I am also aware that his issues are prominently discussed on many websites, maybe more than Rosberg's, thus it would be nice to separate facts from perceptions created by level of noise on the internet. It's not only about numbers, but severity, and timing when the issue hit him. 

Rosberg still is driving the best he ever has but when it comes to a wheel to wheel battle, I sti see that Lewis is still that little bit ahead. Speaking of Lewis, anyone watch his onboard pole lap? That car was setup so well, I fact I think it's the best ever setup I've seen Lewis use, ever. No corrections on the wheel until the last chicane due to the power trying to grab the road. For those who haven't seen it, just watch the grip the car has through the high speed section amazing.

Meaning Lewis has ammo if Mercedes won't work to his liking when the championship heats up more, he will use this a leverage to get the upper hand or he will spill the beans. Who knows, this might be covering up and even more juicier secret so only time will tell.

25 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Meaning Lewis has ammo if Mercedes won't work to his liking when the championship heats up more, he will use this a leverage to get the upper hand or he will spill the beans. Who knows, this might be covering up and even more juicier secret so only time will tell.

In other words - BLACK MAIL 

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

Sounds like he wants to do it anyway at later date, so why not call his bluff, and smoke him out on that threat (or is it a promise?). Kravitz of Sky Sport said, that Marchionne thinks that only driver worth of Ferrari's money is Hamilton. How he gained this inside is not immediately clear, but maybe if Hamilton talks, SM could learn a thing or two for future references.