Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2016 Mercedes

According to this: http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/clamoroso-paddy-lowe-lascia-la-mercedes-ma-non-va-alla-ferrari-858147/

Paddy Lowe is about to leave Mercedes, couldn't agree on a renewal. Possible replacement: Allisono but not before the end of his gardening leave, after the 2017 season start. Probable destination for Loww: McLaren. He does not want to leave England, so that rules out Ferrari.

Lol, he has to have respect first before feeling disrespected. That's why I think there was a rift between him and his mechanics and to keep it in house and quiet, they switched them over to nico because at that time they wouldn't have known who would've won the title so my best guess is that had happened. Is it just me or do you feel like this every time he opens that mouth?

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

The guy doesn't know when to stop talking.

If Hamilton will not get sacked after this, then don't wait for it any time soon.

Although Wolff has since admitted Mercedes should have let the two drivers race, when asked if the situation has since been resolved, Hamilton replied: "No, it hasn't."

No, it hasn't? I wonder whether Toto asked him about what he meant by that? Sounds like another implied threat against his team (certainly not the first one just in past several weeks). LH must feel indispensable for the organization to use such strong language, however someone close to him should make him aware, that in reality we all are replaceable, and he should thread water carefully.

Wolff has left Mercedes, and suppose to take over a leading role to oversee all Williams's operations, and not just the F1. British press meanwhile bestowed credit upon him success Mercedes had in last three years, despite the fact, that car was actually developed by guys like Brawn, Schumacher, Rosberg, Costa, Bell, and many others, and substantively Lowe had nothing to do with 2014 vehicle, and very little if anything with next two as well (all adaptive design). In contrast, at Ferrari, where Allison had everything to do with 2015 and 2016 designs, press absolved him from any responsibility from what we have seen on the track.

Street buzz - Allison will be replacing Lowe in a lesser role.

Not according to Ross brawn, he firmly believes the success Mercedes has, had come down to the development of rosberg and Schumacher.

Paddy is going to Ferrari!!! and I don't blame him. He didn't leave due to wanting the challenge of trying to help bring Williams/Ferrari back to the front of the grid, he was over the BS environment at Merc and knew they didn't have his back... thus he didn't feel welcome or comfortable staying there anymore.

Remember all those years ago when Brawn asked Nico to move aside for Glamilton and Nico said something to the effect of remember this day!? Nico did what he was told and moved aside. Hamilton has never done what he's told and became more arrogant and brash at each race, openly disagreeing with his team and undermining them at every opportunity.

Hamiton has argued and gone against his team for what seems like years now. The consequence is that Paddy didn't trust the team had his back anymore as they had shown countless times how toothless they were when it came to Hamilton. He was effectively running the team. And to emphasize that point, Brawn came out late last year and specifically said he could not trust Toto or Lauda. I strongly suspect Paddy feels and felt the same way.

No one leaves a dominant team at their peak for other adventures unless there's issues going on in the background. And certainly not for the same wage. Yes maybe if another team wants to poach them and pay them massively, but that's not the case here I think. The issues are Merc are Hamilton's insolence and behaviour, and Toto and Lauda's dishonesty. We've seen it sooooooo many times it's a joke. Lauda says something he shouldnt... a day later then says he has no knowledge and doesn't know anything... and then comes Toto to come try and clean things up whilst a## kissing Hamilton in the process. Talking all tough to say there will be consequences... and nothing happens.

Brawn left!
Nico left!
Paddy left!

Good luck to Bottas or Pascal because they are going to need it in those surroundings.

You heard it here first folks... Sergio is going to pull a massive WTF and sign Paddy to Ferrari!

See nico left after winning the title, he would've been exhausted just having to fight with Lewis his whole life on track and when they get competitive it starts with the mind games. I think nico was over it and a final kick in the balls was when nico took the title and left without the possibility of loosing to Lewis again and therefor goes out on top. That alone will eat Lewis up but I honestly think Lewis's issue is jealousy. Jealous he isn't satisfied after winning the tile once and having a life to retire to like nico. That is what will be hurting Lewis the most at the end of the day. That he will die a lonely old man one day.

I don't think Nico was that fragile to run away from F1. I think if he wanted to he could have keep racing against Lewis.

I don't think it was the winning or losing that affected him, it was the BS that he came to despise. And seeing firsthand, as time went on that Toto and Lauda would claim to be fair and tough, but at the end of the day, let Lewis do and say what he wanted to. That's for me the tipping point that caused Nico to leave. If Brawn was still running the team and Nicos team mate was say maybe Button, he'd keep racing. Because harmony and respect would be present.

The Lewis fanatics all claim Nico was scared and ran away. No he simply had had enough of Lewis' BS, drama and dishonesty. And to call it cowardly is astonishing when you realize how much money he walked away from. He could have led a very comfortable life if he wanted to just cash in on the money and be genuinely happy coming in #2 with the occasional win. But he took the brave and amazing option to leave on his own accord due to how he felt. Rather than be criticized, it would have been nice for the rabid Hamilton loonies to actually appreciate someone other than their false idol.

4 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Paddy is going to Ferrari!!! and I don't blame him. ...You heard it here first folks... Sergio is going to pull a massive WTF and sign Paddy to Ferrari!

Please say this ain't so. He would bring zero benefit to Maranello IMHO. (Just check his actual accomplishments at McLaren and elsewhere). I rather think that he is after imperial status at Williams which extends beyond the F1 team.

3 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I don't think Nico was that fragile to run away from F1. I think if he wanted to he could have keep racing against Lewis.

I don't think it was the winning or losing that affected him, it was the BS that he came to despise. And seeing firsthand, as time went on that Toto and Lauda would claim to be fair and tough, but at the end of the day, let Lewis do and say what he wanted to. That's for me the tipping point that caused Nico to leave. If Brawn was still running the team and Nicos team mate was say maybe Button, he'd keep racing. Because harmony and respect would be present.

The Lewis fanatics all claim Nico was scared and ran away. No he simply had had enough of Lewis' BS, drama and dishonesty. And to call it cowardly is astonishing when you realize how much money he walked away from. He could have led a very comfortable life if he wanted to just cash in on the money and be genuinely happy coming in #2 with the occasional win. But he took the brave and amazing option to leave on his own accord due to how he felt. Rather than be criticized, it would have been nice for the rabid Hamilton loonies to actually appreciate someone other than their false idol.

I agree, he could've kept racing but IMO he was looking at when the best time would be. He could've kept on going but he may have had to retire when he wasn't as successful. That along with the Lewis bs and weighing up his goals in the sport and in life, he felt best to do it now and I for one think good on him. Have the balls to walk away from money simply because it's not what he wants to do, I applaud him for staying true to himself.