Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Are 2016 Cars Louder?

This clip has footage of the Barcelona test with crisp sound and you can hear the different noises from different manufacturers the sounds are so unique but I definatly think they sound louder and a lot better. The Mercedes engines sound awesome but the rest sound a little weird, all though beautiful in there is own way with the exception of mclaren Honda. That engine sounds horrible, but how much of this is down to exhaust layout compared to actual engine noise? As this year they have a second pipe that takes the gasses from the waste gate and pushes it out seperate to the exhaust fumes. What one you think sounds the best?

I am not sure I ever quite got my head around this issue. I have been to a few GPs, but certainly at least 95% of GPs I have watched, I have watched on TV. I am guessing about 99% or more of the GP viewers are watching on TV, vice seeing it in person. So is the sound really that big of an issue on TV?

You can't tell me you don't like the standing still shots and you can hear the car before you see it, then next second it comes roaring by and you hear vanish of into the distance. That's f1 at its best, well when they had decent engines that is.