Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

2016 Test Thread

If theres one thing Ive learned, and there probably is, its that testing means jack, and we dont know true pace until Melbourne Quali. Having said that, humans have a problem with this emotion called "hope" which also makes things more exciting. So its not all bad.

Yep well said mate and I agree 100%

Gro managed 3 red flags today, and play rather disruptive role in Ferrari's race sim. What the hek was all that about?

He's French so....

He's French so....

Problem with brakes..? Really not his fault (so it seems). I have to appologize not finding out sooner, and before I wrote that post.

Maybe a spanner left in the c#ckpit like johnny Herbert at monza in 1998 lol. I've got the 2010 season review on DVD and there was one session where someone left a mobile phone in Kubica's c#ckpit "there's a phone in the c#ckpit, you want me to trow it out or box" and the engineer straight away says "don't trow it out I repeat don't trow it out, box this lap"

What were they hiding that made them ensure Kubica brings the phone back in.

If theres one thing Ive learned, and there probably is, its that testing means jack, and we dont know true pace until Melbourne Quali. Having said that, humans have a problem with this emotion called "hope" which also makes things more exciting. So its not all bad.

That's why I never take much from the test sessions, it's just to difficult.

Of course we can learn from testing, it really does'nt mean all jack. Last year we could deduce that Ferrari took a huge leap and made big improvements. Turned out to be true....Vettel could realisticaly fight for the title 3/4 of the way...

This year we have learned more. We have learned that Merc is worried, they shaking in their boots. Rosbergs claim, which I think he let out as a mistake, that Merc does not know if its either behind or in front, is a real eye-opener. We know that Kimi actually could have gone faster on that ultra-soft lap, if it was'nt for a strong wind on the track. We know Ferrari has been fastest on all compounds. WE KNOW that Barcelona has'nt traditionally been a Ferrari favorite, which then be very encouraging. We know from those crunching the numbers that they predict a close and tight championship...

http://gptoday.com/f...aris_race_sims/

http://gptoday.com/f...have_caught_up/

http://gptoday.com/f...aris_true_pace/

Yes, we know there are variables, fuel loads and parts testing etc, but as I always said... a fast car is a fast car. Williams has made gains too and is about 0,4 - 0,5 off Ferrari in one lap pace, but their race pace is abit...shaky...Force India , TorroRosso and RBR have a fast car and might upset the balance to the 2nd tier challenging Williams. Mclaren have made significant gains and might fight midfield...and more... Testing is our friend is tells us some truth, thats the beauty of it

Problem -- IMO -- isn't with testing and correlated measurements, but with their interpretations. So called "journalists" are all placed into one huge media room, no one knows with any certainty anything of value, but they do not want to be different, thus they do talk to each other, and create consensus, which most of times means squat jack.

It seems to be highly political, and nationalistic event, during which some drivers are invisible for them, whereas others subject of admiration while taking a dog out to poop. Right now as I understand it consensus among them is, that Hamilton will win easily another WDC, because Mercedes was sandbagging.

I am not sure what to make of it, but thinking, that group is closer to each other, and we might see Williams and RBR make head-waves from time to time, yet at the end Ferrari and Mercedes may slug it between themselves. Melbourne cannot come soon enough.

Does anyone knows where is a link to notebook application Live Timing on F1 off. site (as opposed to mobile download)? I wrote them an email and asked that question, but I from answer received I am not sure if I am coming or going...

Testing is over, but is there interest to have a poll (say first 5 places) for each race? I am not a betting man, but this could help to kill time between races.

We could do that or I used to do a trivia sort of thing but people gave up lol.

We could do that or I used to do a trivia sort of thing but people gave up lol.

If others will join, I am in. (Race placements; while waiting, polishing my crystal ball).

Ok I'll just throw some names out there.

Melbourne top 5 are as follows:

Rosberg

Vettel

Hamilton

Raikkonen

Ricciardo

I say Rosberg as Iam really hoping he can continue on that fine form he found at the end of 2015. I put Vettel between them as I firmly beleive that if Ferrari have a fast car, Hamilton is going to have his hands full more so than Rosberg as he can't block out mental issues as well.

Race 1

1. Vettel

2. Rosberg

3. Hamilton

4. Räikkönen

5. Kvyat (Maybe Verstappen, but I stay with Kvyat)

Race 1

1. Vettel

2. Rosberg

3. Hamilton

4. Räikkönen

5. Kvyat (Maybe Verstappen, but I stay with Kvyat)

Oooo good pick and I hope your right, how awesome would it be to see Mercedes actually having to fight for it? But I read an insider still think Mercedes is 0.4 ahead of Ferrari maybe 0.2, still a bit of a gap when you concider that over a length of a Grand Prix, that's of course if the estimations and rumours are correct or close to.

Oooo good pick and I hope your right, how awesome would it be to see Mercedes actually having to fight for it? But I read an insider still think Mercedes is 0.4 ahead of Ferrari maybe 0.2, still a bit of a gap when you concider that over a length of a Grand Prix, that's of course if the estimations and rumours are correct or close to.

Ferrari with proper setup and Vettel behind the wheel will carry out boss's orders.

OK, I am on steep learning curve, and moving in right direction in hostile territory. meh.png

1. Kimi

2. Vettel

3. Rosberg

4. Hamilton

5. Kvyat

Hell would freeze over first, lmao.

No of course not, wishful thinking never harmed anyone. One thing I can congratulate you on is your undying support for kimi. I used to work with this idiot who only supported who was winning. He was a Vettel fan now a Hamilton fan.

Be good if he did, would defiantly spice things up for sure and in honesty it would be a popular win if you know what I mean?

Australia is not exactly happy place for Sebastian, but I think after flying high in Singapore last year, he is primed to just do the job (with all caveats). Kimi has done it twice, 2007 in Ferrari, so, surprise is possible, but his friend is not going to let him off the hook too easy. I am not changing my initial prediction, and Vettel will make it very hard for Mercedes, despite some setup problems we saw during pre-season testing, where Mercedes could take better racing lines through corners. We shall see if Ferrari managed to fix it.