Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

2016 Test Thread

First off, hey Sakae, good to see you my friend :)

I'd be pretty happy if pretty much anyone could beat the Merc boys at this point. Ferrari looked handy in testing but we all know you can't trust testing times too much. Kimi ahead of Seb eh? An interesting theory and it might happen, but he'll have to up his game from last year if that is the case.

First off, hey Sakae, good to see you my friend :)

I'd be pretty happy if pretty much anyone could beat the Merc boys at this point. Ferrari looked handy in testing but we all know you can't trust testing times too much. Kimi ahead of Seb eh? An interesting theory and it might happen, but he'll have to up his game from last year if that is the case.

I would love to see an inter team tussle with Seb and kimi as we all know there pretty good friends, be interesting to see just how good of friends they are if things got pretty even.

I would love to see an inter team tussle with Seb and kimi as we all know there pretty good friends, be interesting to see just how good of friends they are if things got pretty even.

I agree, Hamilton and Rosberg were said to be good mates once too, we all know how they feel about one another now though.

First off, hey Sakae, good to see you my friend smile.png

Hey hey hey! Where is Paolo2?

I agree, Hamilton and Rosberg were said to be good mates once too, we all know how they feel about one another now though.

Exactly, I think it doesn't matter how close you are with one another, if your a serious competitor, sometimes you have to step on a few toes and your mates not going to like it.

What! New members?

Yes. Some of us used to use the forum at grandprix.com and it was closed down recently without warning, they didn't even tell us mods (I was one). So some of the few of us who were left have come here (because I told them how nice you all are). Ruslan, Sakae, myself are already here and Publius Cornelius Scipio is another of our friends who is in the process of joining. He's very nice too, honest :)

Yes. Some of us used to use the forum at grandprix.com and it was closed down recently without warning, they didn't even tell us mods (I was one). So some of the few of us who were left have come here (because I told them how nice you all are). Ruslan, Sakae, myself are already here and Publius Cornelius Scipio is another of our friends who is in the process of joining. He's very nice too, honest smile.png

It's darn too long. From now on, we name him PCS!

Yes. Some of us used to use the forum at grandprix.com and it was closed down recently without warning, they didn't even tell us mods (I was one). So some of the few of us who were left have come here (because I told them how nice you all are). Ruslan, Sakae, myself are already here and Publius Cornelius Scipio is another of our friends who is in the process of joining. He's very nice too, honest smile.png

thanks Angellica for the nice words (and for signing me up as for some reason I couldn't do it confused2.gif ). Regarding the next race I am sort of hoping that Rosberg will manage to stay ahead of Hamilton, not because I particularly like Rosberg or dislike Hamilton, I only hope that Toto will let them race this year and that we get a decent show. Other than that it doesn't look as if the Ferraris are as fast as it first seemed. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray for some rain

It's darn too long. From now on, we name him PCS!

Publius will do fine, I took a quick look at what PCS stands for...

Picture communication symbols, drawings used to communicate with autistic people and in other alternative communication systems

Post-concussion syndrome, a set of symptoms that a person may experience for weeks, months, or even years after a concussion

Postcholecystectomy syndrome, the presence of abdominal symptoms after surgery to remove the gallbladder

Precordial catch syndrome, a common cause of chest pain complaints in children and adolescents

Publius will do fine, I took a quick look at what PCS stands for...

Picture communication symbols, drawings used to communicate with autistic people and in other alternative communication systems

Post-concussion syndrome, a set of symptoms that a person may experience for weeks, months, or even years after a concussion

Postcholecystectomy syndrome, the presence of abdominal symptoms after surgery to remove the gallbladder

Precordial catch syndrome, a common cause of chest pain complaints in children and adolescents

Ouch. General Publius then it is. laughing.gif

Awesome, welcome to this forum, the more the better. It got pretty stagnant here for a while but Iam always up for a f1 chat.

Welcome Publius Cornelius Scipio

"Other than that it doesn't look as if the Ferraris are as fast as it first seemed." You serious? What makes you think that. Ferrari is the fastest car out there...

Iam with you brad I think people don't know how fast that car actually is. Merc I say still ahead but Ferrari has closed massively. I also firmly believe that all Mercedes needs is someone to seriously challenge them and they would collapse, make silly errors as they have had such in advantage for so long, they won't know what hit them if someone could challenge them week in and week out. Doesn't that round the sport up in a nutshell? We're wishing for a championship this year we would get every year throughout the 90s and that's atleast two teams fighting it out not one.

Welcome Publius Cornelius Scipio

"Other than that it doesn't look as if the Ferraris are as fast as it first seemed." You serious? What makes you think that. Ferrari is the fastest car out there...

the fact that they seem to have some reliability issues and the fact that everyone involved in F1 (for what I know) has said that Mercedes has increased their gap to the others, I'm sure that Ferrari are significantly quicker than last year - even if we don't factor in the new ultra soft tyres - but by the looks of it Mercedes is even faster. It's not that I'm happy about it, I really hope that this is not the case, but if Mercedes thinks that they can offer a 20bhp "gift" to the competition I think that it's fair to assume that their advantage is so big that they know (by now, after seeing what the others did at Barcelona) that even if they let them have extra power it still won't be enough for their competitors to match them and possibly even beat them (if not in a few races)

thanks Angellica for the nice words (and for signing me up as for some reason I couldn't do it confused2.gif ). Regarding the next race I am sort of hoping that Rosberg will manage to stay ahead of Hamilton, not because I particularly like Rosberg or dislike Hamilton, I only hope that Toto will let them race this year and that we get a decent show. Other than that it doesn't look as if the Ferraris are as fast as it first seemed. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray for some rain

I was happy to help. I had my own selfish reasons really, I didn't want you to not be around, so I made sure I got you here ;)

Awesome, welcome to this forum, the more the better. It got pretty stagnant here for a while but Iam always up for a f1 chat.

To be honest I think a lot of forums are closing due to a lack of membership, there aren't that many people left who enjoy chatting this way. At least now, we're all happy hopefully :)

the fact that they seem to have some reliability issues and the fact that everyone involved in F1 (for what I know) has said that Mercedes has increased their gap to the others, I'm sure that Ferrari are significantly quicker than last year - even if we don't factor in the new ultra soft tyres - but by the looks of it Mercedes is even faster. It's not that I'm happy about it, I really hope that this is not the case, but if Mercedes thinks that they can offer a 20bhp "gift" to the competition I think that it's fair to assume that their advantage is so big that they know (by now, after seeing what the others did at Barcelona) that even if they let them have extra power it still won't be enough for their competitors to match them and possibly even beat them (if not in a few races)

Could also be some mind games, as if any team is going to give up any advantage. Even if they had 100hp more than Ferrari, they still wouldn't give 20 away. Could it be that Mercedes isn't as fast as made out and are scared of Ferrari so if they do close the gap Mercedes can always have that ace up its sleeve saying they gave them the power. I think it's all bs tbh, they didn't want redbull to have same spec engine in fear they would get beaten so why would anything change now?

Could also be some mind games, as if any team is going to give up any advantage. Even if they had 100hp more than Ferrari, they still wouldn't give 20 away. Could it be that Mercedes isn't as fast as made out and are scared of Ferrari so if they do close the gap Mercedes can always have that ace up its sleeve saying they gave them the power.

It's certainly a possibility, with F1 these days you never know

I don't think EVERYONE believe that Merc has actually increased the gap. As Surer says, The most you can squeeze out of the turbo is 700hp...so there you have it....not everyone!

http://gptoday.com/f...be_over__Surer/

Ferrari ran well and seemed to sort out their issues the last few testing days...they ran well for long, which is a good sign. Also, Ferrari doesnt need to grab headline times to get sponsors, and I think they have been sandbagging as well

I don't think EVERYONE believe that Merc has actually increased the gap. As Surer says, The most you can squeeze out of the turbo is 700hp...so there you have it....not everyone!

http://gptoday.com/f...be_over__Surer/

Ferrari ran well and seemed to sort out their issues the last few testing days...they ran well for long, which is a good sign. Also, Ferrari doesnt need to grab headline times to get sponsors, and I think they have been sandbagging as well

I think that the last sentence in Surer's interview is significant, he said "I hope Ferrari is now reaching a similar level". I certainly hope that too, it would be great for the show, however the consensus (sadly) seems to be on another year of Mercedes domination. However, there could be surprises.

I might be biased on this matter because Autosprint has run a number of articles on how great and how fantastic the new Ferrari is, when they did that in the past they were ALWAYS proven wrong

Well that's an absolute crock right there, the Mercedes wo7 is capable of putting out a minimum of 750hp and a maximum of about 850hp. Heck I even read a few months ago that the new engine was capable of 920hp but was capped at 850hp. I know quite a few would

Be close to the 750 mark but if a team can fluctuate so much, it would be near impossible to beat them.