Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

I have feeling that MV is not helping his career advancement being highly controversial, and disruptive. If Maranello get feeling that they cannot manage him, than he might not drive for Ferrari any time soon.

He's almost as bad as Hamilton, but he doesn't have any WDC to his name. He's so quick to want to be one of the big boys. Anyway I hope Sainz ruins him this year. Kind of like how Massa took the shine off Bottas. I mean at least that story has been put to bed for awhile.

I am not sure what happened to Bottas, but his star really faded last year. Is he in self-destruction mode, or implied rejection by Ferrari devasted him? Maybe his managers made huge mistake somewhere with his career.

Yes RBR and especially STR are ruthless when it comes to driver replacements. Both the Jamie's were good enough to stay in F1. Same with Bourdais, he got a raw deal. Speed, boy oh boy did he get shafted by STR.

At any rate, Ferrari don't hire teenagers, not do they hire rookies. Massa is the youngest that have hired in 10 odd years. I would imagine a driver would need a minimum of 3-4 solid years in F1 before being considered for the seat.

Just imagine the mess and drama Max would bring to Ferrari. It would utter nuts and totally destabilising for at team that is finally gelling and gotten over the Alonso disharmony. Arrivabene is ruthless. Same with Marchionne.

I'm still going to stick with my pervious thoughts. Ricci, Nico or Sainz. Maybe not even for 2017 if Kimi does really well. But more for 2018.

Ferrari also don't replace drivers mid season. Very few teams have ever done so, unless it's a pay driver whose backers haven't brought the bling, or Renault...

Get ready for a whole year of this Sh#t. It's going to drive people mental and crazy. Kimi must be sick and tired of it. All we need now is an idiot "reporter" to then start questioning Kimi's motivation, but give Alonso another free pass despite him saying he's not really motivated right now.

Anyway, hard hats on because it's not going to get any better with this Kimi nonsense.

Not quite correct old boy, Ferrari have replaced drivers mid season on quite a few occasions.Badoer 2009Capelli 1992Prost 1991 spring to mind of the top of my head, of the current top teams, to the best of my knowledge only Williams have never sacked a driver mid season, though they did come close with Zanardi, as he was offered an out but didnt take it.I wouldn't entirely put Max off the Scuderia's radar, he's still VERY raw, but these days they do very much look towards the long term, someone that a challenge can be built around, but I would say there are still quite a few question marks in regards to Max.Much more likely they would take someone like Dan, he's a relatively known quantity now and very much a thinking driver, very much like Schumacher was, his call in the Hungarian GP a perfect example.They could also plump for Kimi for another year, he'll be 37 at the start of next year's campaign, so it would likely be his last, despite most people's assertions however, his performance relative to Vettel in the second half of 2015 and in Australia before his retirement has been respectable, he's keeping Vettel honest, they have a good and productive working relationship which brings obvious benefits for the rest of the team not having to deal with two warring ego's, so really why fix what isn't broken?

I am not sure what happened to Bottas, but his star really faded last year. Is he in self-destruction mode, or implied rejection by Ferrari devasted him? Maybe his managers made huge mistake somewhere with his career.

More a case of wrong place, wrong time, Valtteri will more or less remain at Williams unless something better comes along, and the team will be looking for him to lead when Felipe moves on.

Exactly, he is performing well and seems to have gotten on top of his qualifying issue and I expect a pretty good season from him. Like what has been said already, they get along, they are both turning out to be quite quick and consistent team and kimi at this stage is the perfect fit until he decides to leave.

OK, but is any of top teams having him on a short list of prospects? It is possible that Bottas will stay with Williams as long as they have him, must perform exceptionally well, and wait for a phone call which may or may not come.

What other option does bottas have? Mercedes have not shown any interest in him, only Ferrari have and we don't even have 100% confirmation on that either. Bottas has no other option than to stay where he is. Maybe he and hulkenberg can swap and nico end up back at Williams but nothing any more than that. I beleive if kimi leaves, Ricciardo will be there first choice, bottas seems have had a very short peak and now has dropped of in performance, either that or massa has stepped up his game, hard to tell but he and other teams seemed to have missed bottas's peak and a certain rhythm sets in. He very well could find that speed again but bigger teams won't take that risk when so many other options are available. He has to stay where he is.

I could see Kimi at Williams. Why not, he's going to be at least as good as Bottas and Massa. Haas maybe, but I think they will be too simple a team for him and not what he'd be after.

I'm sad he never drove for RBR though :(.

Sauber suck, I HATE that team now after what Monisha did to GVD and Sutil. She wrecked that team for me considering alot of us have had a good soft spot for them since their Kimi days.

Renault? Not a chance if any of those a$$holes like Permaine are still around.

McLaren! But they got some new talent coming up like Stoffel. Still I bet Ron would love to have him back even if for a year. And I know Boullier liked him heaps. Whitmarsh did too.

Not many options really for the Kimster. His best bet though probably and honestly not really likely is to get another year at Ferrari. Some good podiums and a haul of points and he might just do it because I get the feeling Ferrari really do want him to stay as long as he's getting the results.

I am not so sure we could term FI as a stable team with future. Maybe someone will buy it, who knows. Rumor has it, that BE reportedly claimed, that several teams were (or are?) on the market in very discreet fashion, but no one is interested.

I don't think we will see any changes next season tbh like everyone is expecting.

Mercedes will keep Hamilton and rosberg, possibly on sighing rosberg for a one year deal.

Ferrari will keep Vettel and IMO mostly raikkonen

Redbull will keep Daniel unless Ferrari do try take keep him, kvyat will stay

Mclaren button will stay unless Dennis wants vandoorne in other wise it will be vandoorne and alonso or alonso and button again

Just my thoughts anyway.

Yeah we can say goodbye to the 2017 regs too. They aren't going to happen and will be watered down and neutered.

It's quite possible that the teams might want to retain their existing drivers for comparison sake too. All Kimi fans would love to see him here another year, and I imagine so to Button fans. He might not make the news much, but Button's time is come to and end too.

I think RBR might go Ricci and Max, and Kvyat is either out, back to STR or maybe off to another team, but I do get the Petrov vibe with him. A driver in F1 for 3-4 years maybe, and then gone because he couldn't find another seat.

Quite possibly, speaking of kimi I just got his 2015 Santander cap from the puma factory outlet for $15, stoaked.

Also got a official Santander Ferrari team shirt for $48 with all the current logos on it. Was down from $160, bloody bargain. Both my kids wanted a raikkonen hat also so I got them one each, I mean for $15, your not going to get a better quality hat.

If, and it is IF Kvyat will be pushed out from RBR, could we see him driving for Renault? I am not mentioning Ferrari because part of me believes (60%) that Kimi shall continue with Maranello in 2017, nor I believe that Kvyat could replace Rosberg. Mercedes will be looking for someone to carry the ball beyond 2018, IMO. I do want to upset Emmcee, but for my money, I think he is a worthy competitor to DR. He never had a car good enough to show us whether he can drive at the car limit, and stay there for 2 hours, so, we do not know what he is made off.

I always knew kvyat was quick, said so ages ago when people thought vergne should have got the call up.

Can anyone see Grosjean potentially replacing Kimi, if later decides he has enough and leaves the circus? Haas reportedly stated that they would not stay in his way, should top team call on him. Gro is about 30 years old.

I could see him there and what a story it would be if he did get the seat. From a driver who was put in the same category as Maldonado for there first corner rumbles, has matured into a very smart and fast race driver, he deserves all the success he gets. Nice bloke to.

GRO to replace Kimi. No I can't see it. By moving to Haas GRO had in his mind that it would give him a better shot at getting a drive at Ferrari, but I can't see it. Ferrari will choose whomever. RBR are the team that do choose from their junior team however.

They promoted massa years ago, and if they can't get Ricciardo I highly doubt they'll go for in experienced Verstappen and Bottas hasn't been the same since the whole Ferrari thing distracted him as I honestly beleive he thought he was going there as people didn't expect kimi to be retained, he has even admitted that the Ferrari thing distracted him massively and I still think it does, hulkenberg maybe but other than that it really only leaves grosjean as they only driver left worth the effort to chase plus he already has Ferrari links and haas have already said they won't stand in his way if he decides to go, they say that now but wait if the time comes, will be interesting but I honestly think Ferrari are just fine as they are ATM.

Next to Gro, Rosberg too may or may not be available and worthwhile to consider among all drivers having their contracts maturing this year. The problem with Rosberg, however, is, that Ferrari will be obviously his second choice only, which differentiates him from Vettel. He is not hungry enough for wanting Maranello as badly as Seb. The same with DR. Those guys want to improve their accounts and personal fame, and they do not care about the legacy of Enzo. Seb, however, is different. He wanted to become Ferrarista since childhood, and that's important to the Italian team. He has proven that aspect in accepting uncertain future after leaving RBR.

How do you know Ricciardo doesn't feel the same? I recall him saying quite a few times that it's a childhood dream to one day drive for Ferrari. Photos of him as a child in a Ferrari shirt next to a Ferrari pedal car. Imo Ricciardo wants Ferrari more than Vettel, Vettel only wants to do what schumi did where as Ricciardo I think it runs abit deeper being Italian decent himself. One could argue that Seb only wants to improve his image again after a luck lustre 2014 as the urge to drive Ferrari wasn't often spoke about until recently, it's not like we knew his love for the scuderia way back at the beginning. Ricciardo is more Ferrari than any current driver, to say he doesn't care about Ferrari's legacy is not only incorrect but unfair to say when you don't know the story. Why do I get this feeling that it's only Vettel fans who don't want Ricciardo at Ferrari in the near future? Surely 2014 isn't impacting there decision, as it can't be anything else, look at him this year, best driver out there, if he had merc or Ferrari power, he would be leading the world championship.

Haas maybe, but I think they will be too simple a team for him and not what he'd be after.

Räikkönen won't go to Haas because they can't afford him. Grosjean brought some sponsorship this year and Gutiérrez obviously paid in full.

Plus, there's the logical issue. If Räikkönen is going to Haas, that necessarily means Grosjean is out, as they need at least one seat funded. Giving up on Grosjean would make little sense when the team already knows him and has his data. The only way Grosjean is out is if Grosjean is going to Ferrari. But if Räikkönen is going to Haas, Räikkönen wants to be in F1 in 2017, and if Räikkönen wants to be in F1, why would Ferrari choose Grosjean over him?

Can anyone see Grosjean potentially replacing Kimi, if later decides he has enough and leaves the circus? Haas reportedly stated that they would not stay in his way, should top team call on him. Gro is about 30 years old.

Certainly possible if he performs at a high level this season.

I always knew kvyat was quick, said so ages ago when people thought vergne should have got the call up.

I like Vergne a lot, but talk about a guy who just doesn't give his life to it. Which on one hand is admirable from the sense of being an actual person, but in terms of getting results in racing, it costs him. His Formula E performance is no less frustrating than F1. Just as he could seemingly score points and make incredible overtakes in the STR whenever the heck he felt like it, but most weekends couldn't be bothered, he can light up the Formula E field if he wants to—he just rarely does. At home, in the Paris race, he took second. Most weekends, he finishes outside the points while his teammate is one of the frontrunners. Just like how when he first started and it was all new to him, he was winning poles, setting fast laps, racing for wins. And then faded badly.

Whenever his seat at STR was under threat, he'd come from nowhere to finish P6 or P8 or whatever. And whenever he'd get a penalty (it happened twice—once in Singapore and once in Austin), he'd have the comeback drive of a lifetime, passing brilliantly, getting back into the points. You put pressure on the guy, and he delivers. But every other race, where was he? It was maddening as a fan of his.

All told, he outscored Daniel Ricciardo by 1 point in their time together—totally identical. Ricciardo, in fairness, had worse luck, but there were individual races where Vergne could easily beat Ricciardo, easily look like the better of the two, as he did in Formula Renault when they were both there (oddly, it was Ricciardo's whose motivation was questioned in those days—a lot of people speculated that Ricciardo felt he should be in F1 already and stopped caring about junior series. Funny how it reversed). But never with any consistency. He never could maintain it.

I sometimes wonder if the adversarial ways of Red Bull's junior program broke his spirit and he just lost the enthusiasm for it.

In the end, we lost Vergne before he had a chance to become the new Heidfeld—capable of beating big name teammates, brilliant in contract years or high-pressure races, and just average at all other times. Kvyat, meanwhile, surprised me. His racecraft was so awful in 2014. It is no longer that bad.