Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Could we see Rosberg next to Vettel in the future? His contract is for renewal, and should he feel wronged this year, he might not sign an extension.

Tbh I think he won't feel wronged this year. Things are completely going his way, and Mercedes would be very happy to have a german driver world champion. And I'm pretty sure he knows this might be his only chance to have a car which would win him races.

Rosberg a only ever chance to be world champion is this year IMO. He will never get another chance like this one with the minimised competition he has had to face so far, still early days but if things keep going the way they are, this is what I think. I feel Mercedes will only sign him for one more year reguardless if he wins the title or not. Depending how tight verstappens contract is or even have wherlein take the seat next to Lewis.

Hamilton wants his 4th WDC, and from where I sit, thus far what I see is, that what Hamilton wants, Hamilton gets. Rosberg better should be prepared to fight the tide.

Possibly but maybe merc are making it as easy as they can but its rosberg who is going unchallenged ATM because Hamilton can't get his stuff together and also suffering car issues. Notice the mopey face is back on Lewis, he gets like that when he isn't doing to well.

Nico had a real shot in 2014 but couldn't keep up the momentum. I'd love for him to win it this year and hopefully swipe that smugness from Hamilton's persona.

I'd rather Maldonado won that Hamilton. I'd rather Perez won that Hamilton. If he wins it again this year, then F1 might as well have 3x blank spots in their history books as Hamilton is only competing with 1x person and that's Nico.

Articles on the net are appearing, that Verstappen had it on the paper that he is IN-RBR for 2017 (for undermined time). Sounds like not too many people knew about it.

It's not 2017 yet is it? As if that wouldn't have played on kvyat's mind, knowing if he doesn't go back to TR his f1 career is over, no wonder he was under pressure and Redbull were first to say it was him putting the pressure on himself. Redbull are just to c#cky ATM, lucky they have good talent at the disposal like that. And being realisticall, kvyat hasn't done to bad at all, not that bad it warrants loosing his seat.

Which makes his comments about not feeling the pressure (duh, you haven't even gotten in the car and raced yet), and that there was no need to look elsewhere at other teams all the more curious. I'd say his team "shopped" him around to up his price at RBR, where realistically he has the best chance of a decent seat at this point in time.

I agree, did you see the interview with Verstappen and how he dodged that question? He was asked was there interest from any other teams and his answer was "Iam pretty happy at Redbull so no need to look else where" he didn't answer the question did he? Just answered it but not correctly. So in other words,yes there was others intrested and I can't help feel this is Jos trying to live his dream through his son as second time round he knows what he did wrong the first time. I know what Jos did wrong first time to and he simply wasn't fast, that's why he never ended up driving for a front running team.

Point is, that many, and that set might include Kvyat as well, thought that consistency and some edge type of driving might save his seat, yet he (or DR, one of them that is) were out prior Sochi, as I understand it, if this is based on fact, that a seat with RBR was guaranteed to MV in 2017.

Max will attempt to leave RBR when it suits him, contract or no contract. I hope Horner and Co. have locked him down with a huge buyout clause. I'm sick of drivers not being honorable. The teams should honor their contracts too.

I still don't believe the other teams were seriously interested in Max at this point, but maybe in the future. It still feels like a play for more money, because ultimately RBR might have been the only team he'd realistically get a shot with.

Selling your own son to the highest bidder has a certain connotation which is making me uncomfortable.

I think other tes were intrested, intrested to lock him down and would've just shipped of to a feeder team for the time being. But monkey is right IMO, he has this attitude about him that he will

Go when a better offer comes and yes I also beleive if your willing to take a multi million dollar cheque each year, the least you can do is honour a contract, after all, you already are doing something others would die to do. Imagine if some of these people had to survive in the real world with real world struggles, they would neck themselves soon as they run out of milk in the fridge.

Kvyat would be well advised to avoid any kind of media as much as rationally possible for foreseeable future, otherwise, at 22 he will have to learn about demise of his career in F1 for good. Maybe media know something we do not, but I doubt it. RBR is RB, and they marching to their own tune.

More interesting rumor is, Totto purportedly said, that if Rosberg will not be signed for next year, option "Alonso" is a possibility.

In other news - media would like to see Vettel playing second fiddle to Kimi, since he has less points than him, and it's already 5th race, you know.... (Nice people).

Alonso to Merc lol. Only in his dreams. He'd had been trying to get into a RBR for years, and then tried to get into Merc.

The most obvious question is this. Why is the supposed most talented driver of his generation, the grand Emporer himself... why wasn't he able to get a seat at RBR? I think it's clear he was better than Webber. We move onto Merc. He's probably better than Nico. Yet he sits in a McLaren.

Of course Nico is going to sign an extension. He's not daft. Hamilton will leave that team first anyway. As for his sabatical... why? Why would he take on? Missing the E and molly? Need a hit of the blow? Some more lap dances? Is it hindering his travel plans perhaps?

Interesting but I can't see it happening tbh, there already talking about kimi extending his deal, when I hear flutters of talk like this, means the contract is already drawn up, just waiting to agree to a few more things then it will be signed.

I can understand Rosberg's motives for looking around, and one shouldn't be too hard on him for that, despite some rhetoric how he loves his current team. I am however not sure about Ferrari, because I thought you need to love the brand above your love for yourself, methinks, and not too many people qualify.

There is a challenge in Maranello land, and this is not as much for next year, but in 2018. Vettel will be looking for a contract (too young to retire), and Kimi most likely will want to spend more time with his young family, thus I doubt that he will be available forever. So, if they do not sign-in Rosberg now, then who, worth his salt, will be available in 2018? Once I read that Ferrari very seldom takes on someone on the last minute, altho Vettel might have been an exception. If that is true, than they have a Letter of Intent in the place already with someone. (DR?).

http://www.grandprix247.com/2016/05/17/rosberg-opens-2017-talks-with-ferrari/

Question is will alonso go to Mercedes if rosberg does go? IMHO I think he will be stupid to, with all the new regs coming in in 2017 who to say Mercedes will be anywhere near where they are now? Best place would be redbull with Adrian newey who has always been a whizz finding loop holes in new regulations and let's be honest, if redbull had the power and reliability Mercedes, they would still be dominating not Mercedes. If I were alonso, I'd stay put, chances are mclaren would pay before Mercedes would be dominant in two different eras.

Renault and Honda will close the gap, I have no doubt about it. I am not sure where Ferrari stands, because we haven't been really presented with clear evidence on the track. In the last race, 2016 model beat 2015 model (big deal), but how about others? Improvements in competition may affect minds of drivers where their opportunities are.

The Rosberg rumor makes a lot of sense to me. He is clearly one of the better drivers out there and close to the big three (Alonso-Hamilton-Vettel). He probably needs to leave Mercedes, as the narrative even when he has won four races his season is that Hamilton is faster. Ferrari could use him (as it is clear it is time to replace Kimi). Not sure there are any other team choices as good. So my gut reaction is that this one may well happen.

Rosberg would move only if doesn't win the title this year. No driver would want to move from merc when they are winning so much. But I am sure it's time for ferrari to replace kimi and rosberg is a very good option.

And I very much hope alonso stays and wins with mclaren.

Schumacher left Benetton and the chance of winning more titles to join Ferrari in 1996.

I'm not convinced just yet about Nico going to Ferrari next year. This is soccer negotiations, angling to get a better deal with Merc. He's leading the Championship, has had several wins over Hamilton and he's going to leave!?... not yet. It was only a week or so ago we were being told during the broadcast of the Spanish GP that he'd signed an extension.