Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Like I said early monkey, how does this benefit Ferrari? Your replacing one driver with another who will do the exact same except now has to adapt to a new environment while the other is already settled and into the team routine already. Like I said, how's it benifit them? It can't be youth as rosberg has 10 seasons under his belt already so I can't figure it out.

In speculative terms, Kimi would get an extension for one year, and in 2018 he might decide to do something else (and who will replace him?), yet Rosberg is younger, and might want to stay beyond 2017 (should he replace Kimi by the end of this season). I am not convinced that Ferrari wants to negotiate two new contracts end of 2017. Vettel will be on the market as well.

I really don't see the point, you could wait out another year and hopefully get someone better, hopefully Ricciardo.

I really don't see the point, you could wait out another year and hopefully get someone better, hopefully Ricciardo.

For clarity, do you mean to resign Kimi, and for 2018 get DR? I am not so sure that he will be available, nor desirable. He might be just bitter Webber No. 2 for all what we know.

Vettel's contract extension beyond 2017 is also not totally certain. Marccione is lethal, and I would not bet on him my life savings.

If Ferrari will do as you suggest, they will have to negotiate two contracts by the end of 2017. Hopefully it will be worth it, but I doubt it.

For clarity, do you mean to resign Kimi, and for 2018 get DR? I am not so sure that he will be available, nor desirable. He might be just bitter Webber No. 2 for all what we know.

Vettel's contract extension beyond 2017 is also not totally certain. Marccione is lethal, and I would not bet on him my life savings.

If Ferrari will do as you suggest, they will have to negotiate two contracts by the end of 2017. Hopefully it will be worth it, but I doubt it.

It's hard because redbull could be the place to be when these rules changes come through. This could also be a strategy from rosberg just to make sure he has that extra backing from the team at this critical point, you know mind games as to say, support me or I'll go. Do you think Mercedes would fight for rosberg if he wanted to leave? I don't think so, I get the vibe from Mercedes that they would be more brutal on drivers than redbull.

Ferrari, in their long range planning, certainly must be cognizant of possibility, that both, Honda, just as Renault, might be lucrative teams to be, and (the exceptional) drivers might not be in hurry to jump ships. Grosjean, Rosberg, DR, Hulkenberg, Kimi,...the list is long who may say yes to Ferrari now, but is this going to be the same next year?

Older drivers will leave, young drivers knocking on the door. Hamilton too, after all, I am not sure that he knows what he wants. His jumping around to me is just giveaway of someone in mental turnmoil, who might quit, and move to US where he more often than anywhere else, bought a house there in Colorado, so, who knows...

The Rosberg rumor makes a lot of sense to me. He is clearly one of the better drivers out there and close to the big three (Alonso-Hamilton-Vettel). He probably needs to leave Mercedes, as the narrative even when he has won four races his season is that Hamilton is faster. Ferrari could use him (as it is clear it is time to replace Kimi). Not sure there are any other team choices as good. So my gut reaction is that this one may well happen.

Hey Champion, welcome back! I was about to ask around what had happened to you!

I think that Rosbrg would fit in very well at Ferrari, he's got the right image, he speaks an excellent Italian (he went to school in Milan) and now it looks as if he's not going to let other drivers mess with him. He would be a great asset to Ferrari, especially because he looks like a reasonable chap and he has seen how Mercedes developed into a dominant force and since he seems like a guy with something inside his head he could easily bring some rather useful information with him.

I personally think that Mercedes wants to change their drivers' line up, they believe that Hamilton is their man and they showed it time and again, maybe they will let Nico win the WDC this year but I'm not sure about that, if you guys remember what happened in 2014 between Budapest and Monza, well it doesn't look great for Nico...

I thought that you guys weren't interested, if you are tomorrow I'll write something

Hmm, no, I am interested, and I am sure that I am not alone. After a such long time I have taken these comments for granted. (Sorry about that).blush.png

Ferrari, in their long range planning, certainly must be cognizant of possibility, that both, Honda, just as Renault, might be lucrative teams to be, and (the exceptional) drivers might not be in hurry to jump ships. Grosjean, Rosberg, DR, Hulkenberg, Kimi,...the list is long who may say yes to Ferrari now, but is this going to be the same next year?

Older drivers will leave, young drivers knocking on the door. Hamilton too, after all, I am not sure that he knows what he wants. His jumping around to me is just giveaway of someone in mental turnmoil, who might quit, and move to US where he more often than anywhere else, bought a house there in Colorado, so, who knows...

That's the thing, with the regulation shakeup next year, Mercedes all of a sudden might not be the place everyone wants to go.

Scipio Africanus: "Hey Champion, welcome back! I was about to ask around what had happened to you!"

(Can't get the quote function to work)....nothing happened to me, just got really busy trying to get some work done....so had to do some "ruthless prioritizing" of my time. Doing fine otherwise.

<< I think that Rosbrg would fit in very well at Ferrari, he's got the right image, he speaks an excellent Italian (he went to school in Milan) and now it looks as if he's not going to let other drivers mess with him. He would be a great asset to Ferrari, especially because he looks like a reasonable chap and he has seen how Mercedes developed into a dominant force and since he seems like a guy with something inside his head he could easily bring some rather useful information with him.>>

Because he is so calm and intelligent, I think it would be a good fit. Can you imagine Lewis there? With Vettel as his teammate?

<< I personally think that Mercedes wants to change their drivers' line up, they believe that Hamilton is their man and they showed it time and again, maybe they will let Nico win the WDC this year but I'm not sure about that, if you guys remember what happened in 2014 between Budapest and Monza, well it doesn't look great for Nico...>>

Well, Hamilton is faster and he knows it.....but yea, the Mercedes management is all in with Lewis.

Speculation is running rampant in cyber space that Pascal Wehrlein had been "auditioned" yesterday by the Mercedes to (potentially) partner a teammate next year.

This who do not follow it closely - he is driving for Manor on loan from Mercedes, and was testing for Manor 1st day. Evening they call him to run second day as well, but this time for Mercedes. Observers went wild trying to interpret significance of it.

I still go back to Brundle saying Nico had penned a contract extension one day before the Spanish GP. Yes there is drama with Lewis, but Nico hasn't had a hissy fit his entire time he's been at Mercedes. In fact I think Spa was probably his lowest point. He was leading, and got such a big reprimand, and Hamilton cried so much about it, it took Nico a year to recover and get back to his old self.

I'm not sure why Nico wouldn't re-contract. Hamilton is out of sorts, even mentioning a sabatical. Why would a driver leave the most dominant team and car possibly in the history of F1?

Vettel will resign with Ferrari, Kimi possibly and hopefully for 2017, so we're probably talking about 2018, and Nico would be under contract surely. I can't imagine he'd pull a Webber and just sign a one year deal.

This is a test. Tests pull in "test" and reserve drivers, and if they have a link, drinks from other teams like say Ferrari using a Sauber or Manor driver.

Stoffel and Wehrlein must be losing sleep at the moment seeing how Max is doing. At this point there is no reason for them to not be in at least mid pack teams, but I don't think Nico or Hamilton or Kimi are going to lose their seats just yet t make way for them.

I do however think someone at McLaren won't be there next year.

I think alonso will stay at mclaren, even if a seat opened at Mercedes as there is no eveidence that Mercedes will be as dominant come the new regulations, it normally brings someone new into the Frey or brings back an older team for another shot of glory. The problem we have now is we have so much talent just waiting away in lower teams or even waiting just to get a shot because the seats they should've had, get taken up by some pay driver.

I still go back to Brundle saying Nico had penned a contract extension one day before the Spanish GP. Yes there is drama with Lewis, but Nico hasn't had a hissy fit his entire time he's been at Mercedes. In fact I think Spa was probably his lowest point. He was leading, and got such a big reprimand, and Hamilton cried so much about it, it took Nico a year to recover and get back to his old self.

I'm not sure why Nico wouldn't re-contract. Hamilton is out of sorts, even mentioning a sabatical. Why would a driver leave the most dominant team and car possibly in the history of F1?

Vettel will resign with Ferrari, Kimi possibly and hopefully for 2017, so we're probably talking about 2018, and Nico would be under contract surely. I can't imagine he'd pull a Webber and just sign a one year deal.

This is a test. Tests pull in "test" and reserve drivers, and if they have a link, drinks from other teams like say Ferrari using a Sauber or Manor driver.

Stoffel and Wehrlein must be losing sleep at the moment seeing how Max is doing. At this point there is no reason for them to not be in at least mid pack teams, but I don't think Nico or Hamilton or Kimi are going to lose their seats just yet t make way for them.

I do however think someone at McLaren won't be there next year.

I am not sure what Brundle knows, or making up, but Totto said NO. Negotiations even haven't started. It's hard to find the truth these days.

Would "no comment" serve as confirmation, yeah, I am staying..?

http://www.gptoday.c...i_F1_race_seat/

If teams have an agreement to make the sport more exciting and what not, he has probably been told to say that to keep people like us going on about it. To me I can't why teams don't lock drivers in right away on some pre contract and then of the perform well, sign the real one, it just can't be healthy having that float around while the car is number one priority, your shifting the attention away from the prime position.

Hamilton: I don’t look at Ferrari and wish I was there

Read more at http://www.crash.net...Mf1G6HiHQtpq.99

Well, that cuts both ways, Luis. Would anyone recall, whether Ferrari has shown any interest in him, and was considering to offer him a seat? My recollection actually is, that previous management expressed point of view that he (his persona) was totally unsuitable for Maranello. Team comes first!

Yep, no way Ferrari will accept him and it's good that at least one team remains with morals,respect and dignity to the history of such an iconic brand, Lewis would be a cancer at Ferrari IMO.

Well, that cuts both ways, Luis. Would anyone recall, whether Ferrari has shown any interest in him, and was considering to offer him a seat? My recollection actually is, that previous management expressed point of view that he (his persona) was totally unsuitable for Maranello. Team comes first!

Total f|cking muppet. He's now saying he wants to end his career at Mercedes. All drivers say this though. Pretty sure Alonso said this. They all say it, but in the context with the current team they are driving for.

Ferrari are not so stupid as to hire Lewis. And maybe that hurts him seeing as how he's such a big manly sook.

Ohh if HE expressed interest in Ferrari and they knocked him back, it would be because he's black. That's what he would say, rather than admit it's all down to his own behaviour. Besides, Seb is the perfect ambassador for Ferrari.

Ethnicity is not an issue. Perceived potential conflict between personal, and team objectives is.

Omg, i know I was joking, I was referring to his comment in Monaco one year.

Ethnicity is not an issue. Perceived potential conflict between personal, and team objectives is.

It's a sarcastic reference to a really bad joke Hamilton attempted to make some years ago.

But reverse racism is well and truly alive. And even worse, people calling out others claiming they are being racist when they are not. Or the double standard of lets say the American black entertainment industry in how they can degrade other people black or white, yell out they hate white people, and essentialy it's such a crap situation no one dares speak out or call people on their BS.

So amongst other things Hamilton has done, this reference often pops up, because some of us feel yes he will pull or use the race card when things really are not going well for him.

He took a swipe at Nico a few years ago actually for saying Nico was brought up in a life of privelege, and he was brought up in the school of hard knocks. Didn't Nico reply that his Dad and him had helped out Hamilton, even given him rides in their plane or something?

Anyway, Hamilton is a fraud. But I guess it helps his image to say he's from a working class family and he had to earn everything he got. Yep, he sure did with all that sponsorship money coming in from Uncle Ron!