Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Wonder if all this hype is true and Ferrari want him that bad, they'll just buy him out of his current deal. We've seen it done before in the past, that allows kvyat or sainz to move to redbull and have them bring in another young talent. I think clarification of 2017 rules would help the decision from both sides. This is all well and good especially for me being a DR supporter but the main thing is, Ferrari have said kimi will most likely stay and I haven't heard of kimi wanting to retire. Unless like Horner said he is still under contract for 2017, I said not many moves would be made for 2017 so will Ferrari "pre sign" him alonso style for 2018? Makes sense to me as I beleive rosberg will stay, kimi will sign a webber one year deal,button to Williams and vandoorne to mclaren. That's basically it next season, 2018 is where a lot of movement might happen.

When was the last time a driver was bought out of his contract. Alonso doesn't apply, he was fired basically.

Button with Williams > BAR > Williams?

Who fired alonso? It wasn't Ferrari, I've provided enough evidence before to debunk that myth. Wasn't mclaren because he left due to the strong arm mclaren had for Hamilton. As for button it was actually Benetton who brought him out, there was one more but I can't remember.

Where is that evidence that Alonso wasn't fired?

I've spend enormous amount of time trying to reconcile time line about almost with forensic type of care, from all publicly accessible materials, Vettel's transfer to Maranello, thus consequently Alonso's case, intertwined as it was, came up as well. As much I would like to say that I have such evidence that Alonso was fired, reality however is, I do not have it.

What I however have, is enough of pointers, based on narratives likes LdM, Mattiacci, Kehm, Arrivabene, Hughes, and some others,that Alonso was told in all likelihood in Japan, that he will be replaced by Vettel, like it, or not. I call it firing.

Reasons were numerous, but two main ones was his increasingly adversarial challenge to the Ferrari authority, and disruptive behavior affecting team across borders. Timing of Vettel's hiring, as told be people involved, suffers from some minor contradictions, but where they all agree, is on reasons why Alonso had to leave.

Iam not going through this again because you don't want to search up for an old thread, plus what I've been told by someone who actually worked in the paddock would be significant enough for me to beleive what has been said, not only that Ferrari offering him an extension to 2019 and then having alonso not sign the contract as he didn't want to hear any more Ferrari excuses, Ferrari went ahead and signed Vettel AFTER knowing alonso wasn't staying with Ferrari. You can read whatever stories you like but when I've heard TV pundits say the same thing, when Iam told by someone who worked in the paddock, going to take a lot more convincing than simply because you think so. Because someone writing an article would know more than someone who was in the pitlane and often said hello to fernando more than he would hey? Doesn't matter beleive what you want but at the end of the day atleast I know what happened.

So, someone in the paddock knows more what's going on behind closed door at Maranello, than LdM, and several other people of that rank? Forgive me, but I doubt it. People in the paddock are susceptible to rumors as we are on the outside, and they do not have access to privy negotiations. Secondly, Ferrari is known to let some other famous people go. Mattiacci waved Alonso off, just as Piccinini waved (my hero) Prost off. This is the Ferrari way!

Mind you, I am aware that I am leaning on credible sources whose names are on the line in public arena, rather than unnamed person from an outside team in the paddock, so it comes down to probabilities in guessing what was going on.

Firing Alonso seems incomprehensible to some. Having said that, and I repeat, conclusion on my part is conjecture based on interviews. This is how Ferrari operates, and Alonso probably forgot who Marchionne is; you do not jerk this guy around. At the end, there was McLaren offer on the table, and he might have been more angry over sad path of his career, than being worry where he will drive next.

It would be foolish on my part to argue this case further, because it is standing on "he said, she said" foundation, just as yours is.

This is the point Iam trying to make sakae, were you in the room at maranello? No, your taking the assumption of a media clown and holding it as gospel. When I meant someone working in the paddock, I meant someone working in a team competitions directly with ferrari, this person also has had dinner with alonso and webber on more than one occasion so that's the info I take instead of what someone wrote that tends to benefit my point of view. I know this individual wasn't at maranello but he would and does have a lot more inside info than any internet news page or article or whatever,chatting to other team bosses and what not. But if you or others don't beleive me it's fine, least I know the truth and have a bloody good laugh over it. Don't take me the wrong way sakae you made some good points and you always do but sometimes people say Iam wrong when I have more eveidence than they will ever know or get hold of, know anyone who wants to buy an official Williams team shirt from 1994? This was worn in the pitlane as well.

So, someone in the paddock knows more what's going on behind closed door at Maranello, than LdM, and several other people of that rank? Forgive me, but I doubt it. People in the paddock are susceptible to rumors as we are on the outside, and they do not have access to privy negotiations. Secondly, Ferrari is known to let some other famous people go. Mattiacci waved Alonso off, just as Piccinini waved (my hero) Prost off. This is the Ferrari way!

Mind you, I am aware that I am leaning on credible sources whose names are on the line in public arena, rather than unnamed person from an outside team in the paddock, so it comes down to probabilities in guessing what was going on.

Firing Alonso seems incomprehensible to some. Having said that, and I repeat, conclusion on my part is conjecture based on interviews. This is how Ferrari operates, and Alonso probably forgot who Marchionne is; you do not jerk this guy around. At the end, there was McLaren offer on the table, and he might have been more angry over sad path of his career, than being worry where he will drive next.

It would be foolish on my part to argue this case further, because it is standing on "he said, she said" foundation, just as yours is.

Sakae many here believe Alonso was fired from Ferrari. Or basically his contract not being renewed. Call if what you like, but he got outplayed by Vettel. Just like when someone is dumped, only after that did he say he wanted to win with another team. He is not with McLaren by his first choice. He wanted to goto Red Bull only after that started winning, and now Merc too.

A certain WebRic does not hold this view. He is in the minority and any attempt to have an orderly discussion about this or many other topics, always ends in the differing opinions, lets agree to disagree. Don't worry about him. He very rarely posts anything credible when it comes down to it. And when presented with proper researched information, he will immediately dismiss it as simply rumour or oppinion. At the end of the day it's simply not worth the effort because you're attempting to debate with someone who cannot see others points of view, or a person who will never admit he may have held an incorrect view.

Alonso was let go by Ferrari, he did not chose to leave.

Monkey what is it with you? You want to keep arguing do you? I say that as there is no end in sight towards the debate at hand so I see it in a humane way to say that. Don't start about info being presented, you hold the biggest hope on kimi being screwed out of the 2005 title, yet when I posted a detailed analysis on the issue, you went mighty quiet and that's because there was no grounds in what I posted where you could go "yeah but this" I had it all covered so don't bring that propaganda to the table when your best trait is ignoring something I post then it happens a few weeks later and you act like its the first you've heard about it, don't let your dislike for drivers or even me affect how honest you approach your posts. It even happened recently with you agreeing to a post by sakae that I swore I posted something similar to it a week or so earlier, And yes by now monkey if you haven't been able to tell, I don't follow everyone else like the rest of the "sheeple" out there but you won't even have a bar of the stuff Ian told because you don't believe me, what because you don't have any friends that are actually involved in f1 that no one else can? Yet I can post a number of articles backing my claim that all say HE left under frustration with politician like promises from Ferrari and there all funnily from "unreliable" sources, but you find just one to back your claim, it's solid as concrete isn't? Not taking into concideration the very reason you won't accept my post. Then you get personal "ohh don't worry about him" why because you have no ammo to fight reasonably so I must be wrong if you can't find it hey? You need to have a good look at yourself monkey because everything you claim I do is the basis of my argument with you, why can you see others but not yourself doing it? Tad hipercritcal don't you think? And your also forgetting, it's not just me that shares the same opinions I do around here, but like usual, Iam head of the witch hunt. So what is it mate? You personally dislike me because we can't see eye to eye over a few things? Geez how old are you?

Alonso fired???!!! That's new.

Ok here s what i think would be the next years drivers line up.

Hamilton Rosberg

Vettel perez

Ricci max

Alonso vandoorne

Button bottas

Sainz and x

Lynn and hulk

Kmag and maldo/kvayt

Gros and guti

Welhrein and rossi

Alonso fired???!!! That's new.

Ok here s what i think would be the next years drivers line up.

Hamilton Rosberg

Vettel perez

Ricci max

Alonso vandoorne

Button bottas

Sainz and x

Lynn and hulk

Kmag and maldo/kvayt

Gros and guti

Welhrein and rossi

Yeah well we're wrong mate lol, that's a good list but I think kimi is staying put for another 12 months though.

FI in now out in the news, Perez could be sold, but for a lot of money. I am not sure how to read it correctly, unless Perez has a valid contract which is preventing him from leaving the team, whether they like it or not.

If this is a case, and there will not be available a suitable candidate which can transfer through his own volition, than I think Kimi has a job for another year, assuming he wants it. I don't think that Ferrari is so desperate with him to change drivers, and take in either overpriced, or a second rate drivers. There should be only three or four names max on the list.

- Kimi

- Sainz

- Kvyat (probably not)

- DR (after latest theatrics probably not anymore)

- Rosberg (Lauda said No Way)

- Perez (?)

- Ferrari is not known to be taking in junior drivers

- Grosjean

- ?

Geez you really don't like DR do you? I wouldn't either if he whooped my favourite driver who happened to be a 4x champ, I just wouldn't make it as obvious. Also didn't I mention that kimi would be safe for another year? that's right, no one believes me until they believe it first. Yet hold me to other things if it benifits them, this place is getting worse everyday.

Vettel said, that he likes DR, and that should be enough. I do not like him, that's correct. He whines, he is arrogant, overrated, and whatever else. He should worry right now about Max, from what we saw in Canada.

Wtf and Vettel is none of this? Vettel is the worst for it and has a history for it, Daniel says one thing because the team screwed him out of two successive wins and you think he is the worst. Proves you need an excuse to dislike him because your the only one I've seen on the three other forums Iam a member on that thinks this way, he least he doesn't do what he wants when the team asks him hey? I could only imagine what your reaction would be if he pulled a multi 21 stunt like Vettel. Pi$$ weak excuse mate, that's because your still dirty over 2014 and others can make a judgement against Vettel for it. Get over it dude it was over 3 years ago. Seb can't even beat dan wheel to wheel in the same car, you want proof just google monza 2014, Seb got schooled.

Yeah well we're wrong mate lol, that's a good list but I think kimi is staying put for another 12 months though.

I feel he is out of the team. If they keep kimi they will not win the constructors when the car becomes competetive next year. He should have to make up places with that fast car.Not go behind.

Just my opinion. Let s see what maranello dexudes.

Iam not really a kimi fan but he has improved quite significantly over the last season or so. He is there best option as everything as a team in sense of the drivers are working well and it's just issues like every other team there dealing with. Unless they plan to buy out Ricciardo or Perez as both teams have apparently made it clear to Ferrari that there "locked in" to there current contracts. But we haven't heard anything negative or retirement talks about kimi so I believe not many changes will happen next season, it will be 2018 that everyone chops and changes.

Improvement! !!!! I am sorry I have not seen any improvement from his driving. He is slower than vettel. And he is slower than the teams who are slower than the ferrari. What more does ferrari need to see before they replace him. Last year the car was not competetive. But this year the car has improved a lot and in some races they are very close to merc. Vettel could hAve win the race if Ferrari had not gambled. Also I read some interesting theories that vettel is actually making these many mistakes to make kimi look better.

Yeah you make some good points but IMO I think kimi has improved and would be the safest and smartest option at this stage until more creditable drivers become available.

Ignoring Vettel must be very much an Anglo-habit. I got use to it after 4 WDC and 7 years of negative press.

Yeah well his behavior brought it upon himself.

Well, I am sure that you feel totally objective with such remarks, while to your last breath will defend DR and his recent theatrics. You should rather explain how DR will become WDC next year, when junior is breathing on his neck quite heavilly, and improving with his new-to-him car, whilst DR seems gasping for air. What, car or tires do not suit him? Imagine that.