Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

If you think what Vettel has done over his career, Turkey 2010,Malaysia 2013 example is not worse than dans behaviour after the team ripped him of two straight victories then Your deluded my friend or don't we remember these situations? The he comes out and says he supports the team, blah your past proves you wrong mate. As for verstappen and Ricciardo, verstappen hasn't beaten Ricciardo In a straight fight yet and still seems to be about 3 tenths down on dan still so a not worried. I think you'll find a lot more people who think vettels and arrogant brat more so than you would Ricciardo.

As Horner, Marko and RBR have been saying all along. Ricci was under contract and going nowhere. Yet every week a new article about Ricci off to Ferrari, Ferrari wanting Max. BS. It just means their managers were feeding the press made up rumours to increase their contract negotiations.

So that leaves Bottas and Perez to replace Kimi. As much as I dislike Perez, I think he's better than Bottas now. If I had to pick a replacement, I'd pick Sainz. He's got the proper temprament, honesty and class Ferrai want in a driver. Whomever they pick isn't going to be beating Vettel anyway, so better to get someone who is willing to learn from him, and be part of the team. Rather than an Alonso sabotuer who destroys all in his path.

As Horner, Marko and RBR have been saying all along. Ricci was under contract and going nowhere. Yet every week a new article about Ricci off to Ferrari, Ferrari wanting Max. BS. It just means their managers were feeding the press made up rumors to increase their contract negotiations.

So that leaves Bottas and Perez to replace Kimi. As much as I dislike Perez, I think he's better than Bottas now. If I had to pick a replacement, I'd pick Sainz. He's got the proper temprament, honesty and class Ferrai want in a driver. Whomever they pick isn't going to be beating Vettel anyway, so better to get someone who is willing to learn from him, and be part of the team. Rather than an Alonso sabotuer who destroys all in his path.

FI was already hurry-hurry to kick off negotiations on the internet, informing thusly Ferrari, if they want Perez, than Maranello has to drop a large coins on the table. In contrast, I think, Ferrari is not in state of desperation, and they can choose whoever, whenever from ranks of interested parties. I have no doubt, a few drivers would be glad to come just for the chance driving a red car. Bottas for some unknown reasons just blend into anonymity curtain for me.

Well bottas is one of the top drivers ATM, he regularly out paces massa but this years williams isn't working for him as well dispite a podium in Canada. He has fallen away side a bit after all the Ferrari hype last year which he admits was a distraction but I feel the car has more to do with that.

Should Kimi leave Ferrari, rumor has it, that Sainz has shown interest to move on, and Renault was mentioned in that connection. Arri should seriously look at that guy, methinks. I have no knowledge of that subject which would be of any value, just gut feeling of a sport fan, but in this case I think Sainz has potential to excel.

Yeah I heard Renault are Intrested in him but as far as Ferrari concerned he hasn't spent enough time in the car yet. I agree CS has a lot of potential which has gone unnoticed due to the massive hype of verstappen. One good thing is he is still there, meaning he was matching max or he would've been out the door. Cruel game f1 as a lot of drivers are tossed Away before they develop and have a chance to show people there full potential.

Well, going back to me original post on the subject on 7 June, which Scipio picked up on (I still can't quote)...looks like DR and Verstappen are locked in at Red Bull for 2017 and 2018 (if I understand the articles I have read correctly). Rosberg appears to closing in on a deal with Mercedes. This will also be multi-year I am guessing. This leaves one Ferrari seat open (bye Kimi), one McLaren seat open (bye Jenson). These are still the big four teams and what they do will drive the rest.

Ferrari has a range of drivers to pick from but I gather Perez and Bottas are on the list, I suspect it will be Perez. McLaren may well move up Vandoorne to their second car...as Alonso has worked with rookies at McLaren so well in the past wink.png Williams may well be eyeing picking up Jenson to replace Massa.

P.S. I back what Scipio said about DR versus Vettel. I like DR a lot, but I don't think he is the driver that Vettel is. DR is a very good choice for Red Bull because Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso are not available. I am sure that one of those three would be at the top of every team managers list if they were available.

I don't think he is the driver Vettel is either, I think he is better. Let's not forget also, Vettel left redbull when they were at a very bad point and dan has had to try bring them back and I think he has done an incredible job. As for the Williams and mclaren scenarios, apparently Williams are interested in kvyat aswell so it will be out of him and button for the Williams seat alongside bottas and mclaren will move up vandoorne. IMHO, I think kimi has signed a two year deal which would explain why dan is signed to 2018. Who else would Ferrari take? Makes perfect sense now.

Due to RBR drivers obtaining extended contracts, looks like Sainz is done with RB and his desire to move up with fizzy drinks. I wonder if he gets an offer elsewhere; perhaps from Renault.

That's the rumour, that Renault are  interested in him, same as Renault suposidely interested in kvyat as well and apparently Williams are intrested in kvyat as well.

Button is now talking about his interest to work in television, thus I gather there aren't too many offers for him that he would be willing to take for next year. In September we might know for sure, but looks like most teams are waiting for Ferrari's decision, for they hold key to driver's market at the moment, methinks.

Yep I agree sakae it's Ferrari and rosberg who holds the key. What is interesting about Ferrari is if kimi was staying 100% wouldn't you think they would've said something by now? Are Ferrari actually waiting to see what rosberg is doing? Just seems odd that if kimi isn't retiring, why haven't we heard anything yet? Horner has finally let the cat out the bag in terms of ricciardos contract. When recently asked about dan and his "locked tight" contract Horner stated "Daniel signed a 5 year deal with us and we are now in the 3rd year so he has two left" if that's the truth we can eliminate dan from the driver market and should make it easier now to determine who goes where.

I think that nature of a "delay" for Rosberg is similar we have seen with Hamilton. The deal in principle is probably done with Mercedes, and now they are waiting for mother ship to approve a pay-cheque. Lauda about a month ago predicted conclusion of negotiations in Wk. 23, which was last week. 

Yeah your probably right, looks like there doing the same as Lewis last year.

On 6/19/2016 at 4:46 AM, Sakae said:

Button is now talking about his interest to work in television, thus I gather there aren't too many offers for him that he would be willing to take for next year. In September we might know for sure, but looks like most teams are waiting for Ferrari's decision, for they hold key to driver's market at the moment, methinks.

IMO Button doesn't have a lot of places to go. Williams? i doubt it. They won't replace Masa for another older guy. Massa if replaced will be by a much younger driver. They are just using Button's name for negos. 

2 minutes ago, radical-one said:

IMO Button doesn't have a lot of places to go. Williams? i doubt it. They won't replace Masa for another older guy. Massa if replaced will be by a much younger driver. They are just using Button's name for negos. 

That could be it. Perez has a better chance to get Williams drive, than JB, IMO, of course. I think JB is done as a driver with F1, and I do not mean this in a bad way.

Both of you guys make valid points but I am hinging button returning to Williams simply because they have a soft spot for him and said they would take him back in an instant. I could see button at Williams next year and I honestly think Perez is in the front line for kimi's seat, being a Ferrari academy driver and the last one of those that was premoted was Massa in 2006, it was helped of course from the continuous thrashing of Villeneuve but Perez has showed up Hulkenberg and for a long time, hulk was considered one of if not the best midfield driver around.

Well that did help but Massa trumping Villeneuve is what sold the deal IMHO. I remember it also took Massa a bit to get going on 2006 as well, I remember he was pretty ordinary for say the first 5 or so races.

Other rumor has Perez packing for Maranello. Based on past experience with rumors, while it was fun to speculate, it was also utterly waste of my time; especially when Kimi was in the centre of the rumor mill. Media like to write something to be useful, but I doubt that any decisions were actually made yet.

You know who's backing him don't you? Billionaire Carlos Slim.

Ultimately in any forthcoming decision on drivers line up for next season, Slim will not drive the car, a job which Ferrari has to fill. Nothing against Perez, but while on that subject, is his performance now stable, and does anyone really knows why he was up and down before? Funny thing is, he was with McLaren, so, maybe I've answered my own question.

He was scoring podiums for sauber and mclaren, he almost won in Malaysia for sauber a few years back, he's closing in on heidfelds record or most podiums without a win. People are forgetting that Perez is already a Ferrari driver, he's been through there academy and has tested for Ferrari in the past, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see him alongside Vettel next season. He's the highest "on form" driver available with the possible exception of kimi.