Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

His car control was amazing, despite the spin that would've caught anyone out if they tried to make a move where he did, he was on it from lights to flag.

I guess the halo isn't that popular after all....

FORCE INDIA AGAINST HALO c#ckPIT SAFETY SYSTEM

13 July, 2016

Pierre+Gasly+F1+Testing+Silverstone+halo cockpit safety system

Force India joined Red Bull on Tuesday in opposing plans to introduce a proposed ‘halo’ c#ckpit protection device in Formula One next season.

Red Bull had the device on their car at the start of testing at Silverstone, becoming the second team to try it out after Ferrari, but team principal Christian Horner said he was not a fan of the “inelegant solution”.

“I’d prefer there to be more research time taken to do the job properly, rather than rushing something through that may have other consequences,” he told reporters after Sunday’s British Grand Prix. “I certainly wouldn’t vote in favour at the moment.”

Force India deputy principal Bob Fernley told Sky Sports television on Tuesday, with rain teeming down at Silverstone, that he agreed with Horner.

“I believe that it’s too hasty. We need to do a lot more work to understand that the halo isn’t going to create other problems, which I think it will do,” he said. “I think we should take our time and get the right solution and then introduce it.”

The concept, more like a wishbone with a central pillar supporting a protective loop above the driver’s head, has been promoted by Ferrari and Mercedes, whereas Red Bull prefer their own ‘aeroscreen’.

It's brain dead, I still want to know how the driver is going to be able to get out of the car within the 5 second time limit, what, there adding ejector seats to? This is only going to create more issues, I can see it already.

Looks like Guittarez might be on the chopping block. Wonder who Haas would bring in to replace him.

Possibly, I've always thought he should've been there instead of Gutierrez anyway.

18 hours ago, Emmcee said:

It's brain dead, I still want to know how the driver is going to be able to get out of the car within the 5 second time limit, what, there adding ejector seats to? This is only going to create more issues, I can see it already.

No need to get out of the car as their neck will get cut by the halo

16 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Looks like Guittarez might be on the chopping block. Wonder who Haas would bring in to replace him.

It's about time. Gutierez like Pedro Dela Rosa isn't quick enough for F1 but they remain there for a period of time just because...nobody knows.

Haas hasn't confirmed their drivers yet, which might be interpreted that they are thinking to make changes in drivers lineup. Grosjean is not certain for next year either, methinks. Massa could be available, maybe Buemi, or some US guy..?

I don't think there is any question about Grosjean....unless he replaces Raikonnen at Ferrari. Haas certainly could not attract a better driver. Gutierez came with the Ferrari engines......I gather they can replace him and it would not hurt to do so, especially as he has been complaining about the team.

Grosjean is talking NASCAR...then his age...then F1/backmarkers looks like a dead end for him.

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

I don't think there is any question about Grosjean....unless he replaces Raikonnen at Ferrari. Haas certainly could not attract a better driver. Gutierez came with the Ferrari engines......I gather they can replace him and it would not hurt to do so, especially as he has been complaining about the team.

Is not just that, grosjean has handed his a$$ to him so far.

Looks like Vettel lobbied for Raikkonen to stay. No real surprise there. But I think having a hungry and fast young Mexican driver at Ferrari would have been more interesting.

Looks like? Based on which source? Trashy paper in the middle of nowhere? The author behind this should stand up and tell us all then. 

I heard he told Ferrari that he would PREFER kimi as his teammate and the real reason is because he knows he can beat kimi. Anyone else coming into Ferrari would be unknown and that will be a distraction for Seb.

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

I heard he told Ferrari that he would PREFER kimi as his teammate and the real reason is because he knows he can beat kimi. Anyone else coming into Ferrari would be unknown and that will be a distraction for Seb.

I don't see any evidence that this really happened as described. What I do see is however continuation of a smear, anti-Vettel campaign, unnecessarilly questioning his abilities to handle team-mates, which was born ever since he has left RBR. Kimi and Seb are friends, so obviously I would expect him to defend Kimi within rational limits of a civil conversation against barrage of external nonsense, be it last year, or this year.

Fact is, Arrivabene is responsible for choosing his drivers. That's where it starts, and also ends. Whom he consults on that subject, if anyone, I seriously do not know, but that's his business. From what I read this time around, it was Marchionne who placed a long distance call to Arrivabene, and if he wanted Perez, than Perez would be replacing Raikonnen, but, that's not what went down, and some people will have to live with that, like it or not. To speculate that Vettel will be ordering Marchionne what he will do with Ferrari is utter fantasy. Arrivabene was prepared to talk to Kimi only later in September, but SM got involved on his own volition, and that's where we are.

Ohh cmon Sakae use common sense and be realistic about the issue, why would you want to get another teammate your not sure how they work with the team and yourself when you have a perfectly fine teammate now and everything works well, that's what I meant by my post, no conspiracy there mate, you need to read posts more carefully and realise everything isn't an attack on Vettel.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

I don't see any evidence that this really happened as described. What I do see is however continuation of a smear, anti-Vettel campaign, unnecessarilly questioning his abilities to handle team-mates, which was born ever since he has left RBR. Kimi and Seb are friends, so obviously I would expect him to defend Kimi within rational limits of a civil conversation against barrage of external nonsense, be it last year, or this year.

Fact is, Arrivabene is responsible for choosing his drivers. That's where it starts, and also ends. Whom he consults on that subject, if anyone, I seriously do not know, but that's his business. From what I read this time around, it was Marchionne who placed a long distance call to Arrivabene, and if he wanted Perez, than Perez would be replacing Raikonnen, but, that's not what went down, and some people will have to live with that, like it or not. To speculate that Vettel will be ordering Marchionne what he will do with Ferrari is utter fantasy. Arrivabene was prepared to talk to Kimi only later in September, but SM got involved on his own volition, and that's where we are.

Correct there is no evidence. "A British newspaper report claims that Sebastian Vettel insisted that Ferrari keep Kimi Raikkonen..." that newspaper is The Times. No sources given, and the GP247 website posted an "article" if I can call it such, no author credited. Highly credible of course since why would anyone be having a go at Vettel or Kimi? Oh that's right, 99% of the Brit press make a living of doing just that when it comes to F1.

I said right when Kimi got re-signed, the media smearing would continue. And it has, but this time with Vettel dragged in as well. Which is not to be confused with the media smearing of Vettel himself.

Let's look at the agends at play shall we. Vettel is happy at Ferrari. Kimi is happy at Ferrari. Arrivabene is happy with both his drivers, the results this year not so much. Marchionne moved up the decision personally to resign Kimi. Arrivabene had mentioned September as being an important time to make a decision. Marchionne got involved, personally rang Kimi. Kimi accepted on the spot without his manager even present. Thus he represented himself in the resigning. This was confirmed by Kimi's manager. You know a verifiable fact articles like the we are talking about, is missing completely.

If you consider that Nico, Hamilton, Ricci and Max are all locked up in multi year contracts, then who has to gain from this, other than tabloid newspaper sales about the most popular driver on the grid. Who? The short answer is Perez. And his flip flopping over him saying he hasn't made a decision for next year, and Mallya saying he's under contract for next year, and now Perez saying he'll take some time to make a decision... it's like his team has an axe to grind... and by that then talk badly about Ferrari, write off Vettel and and make stuff up due to hurt feelings an ago. I can easily formulate a made up agenda, and just say "sources close to me...", forget it's an empty pizza box and a can of coke, but I have been informed lol... and go on write anything I like.

The biggest gripe I have with the "article" is how it blatantly implies that Vettel personally stopped the progression of a young great driver... Perez! Aha! We have a winner, Once again Perez is in the picture.

Vettel does not have the power to choose his team mate. He never has. I welcome anyone to tell me that Vettel made Arrivabene or Marchionne change their minds about who they wanted in the second seat. Vettel's close personal friendship with Kimi obviously means he likes hanging out with the guy and having him as his team mate. You ask any driver and they would say the same thing.

I saw this comment by a poster which I found interesting...

"Will Buxton from NBC made it clear last week that Ferrari retained Kimi because Marchionne himself wasnt impressed with Perez or Grosjean via the data they had compared to Kimi's data."

Add this to Marchionne personally calling Kimi and Kimi agreeing over the phone to re-sign and this gives far more credible intelligent thoughts to this ridiculous situation.

What I meant is Seb would've told Ferrari he prefers the situation now than if they change the lineup, doesn't know how it will affect the team and there priority is catching Mercedes, not seeing who suits Vettel so with less commotion going on with a driver who might not like the position in Ferrari or challenges the program, it will be catastrophic for Ferrari and with them both being good mates anyway, the chance for animosity is extremely low. That's what I meant and the fact kimi has earned it this time around aswell. Not only that, I think it's the best lineup in the sport in terms of production and harmony between both drivers, look at Mercedes, both drivers want to kill each other and sparks are in the horizon at redbull that's without question but ferrari and there drivers are relaxed already and know there place and won't cause inter team politics like the above mentioned are and will.

It is a distasteful and somewhat offensive situation. Claims are all over the place, yet despite my following of sport media from several countries, I am yet to see a single piece of evidence, that Ferrari actually ever was interested in, and negotiated with likes DR, Perez, or someone else. What Arrivabene said, that their list contains names of people who have approached them, and it is a long one. Presenting editor's personal choices or quoting an anonymous person as facts, seems commonplace these days, then it is just perpetually repeated, used to be for days, now it is for years. I've engaged, as a fan, in speculation game as well, but there is massive difference what I think, and Vettel stamping his foot, throwing tantrum that he wants Kimi to stay. Huge difference expressing hope, that Kimi will stay, and de facto demanding it.

Geez you guys read into it to much. I knew immediately once I saw the story that it was bogus, so did you guys  so why even worry?