Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Either way, Kimi will stay another year. It's more important from here on in to see how he makes use of that chance.

But rumors persist Sebastian Vettel - under contract for at least the end of next season - may have 'vetoed' attempts by the team to bring in a new driver.

Why?

Why would any respectable business organization engage in spreading unsubstantiated rumors, and blatantly disregard Arriwabene in the process who has repeatedly denied that Vettel has any substantive control over the selection process. 

On 15/07/2016 at 2:31 PM, Sakae said:

It is a distasteful and somewhat offensive situation. Claims are all over the place, yet despite my following of sport media from several countries, I am yet to see a single piece of evidence, that Ferrari actually ever was interested in, and negotiated with likes DR, Perez, or someone else. What Arrivabene said, that their list contains names of people who have approached them, and it is a long one. Presenting editor's personal choices or quoting an anonymous person as facts, seems commonplace these days, then it is just perpetually repeated, used to be for days, now it is for years. I've engaged, as a fan, in speculation game as well, but there is massive difference what I think, and Vettel stamping his foot, throwing tantrum that he wants Kimi to stay. Huge difference expressing hope, that Kimi will stay, and de facto demanding it.

Vettel giving his thoughts on who he would like to work with, is totally different than him maybe threatening or blackmailing his own team. Are you listening Alonso? Yet Alonso is given the greatest of accolades, that best ever apparently. But Vettel, oh my, what an a##hole to give his views on who his preference is for at team mate. Yep he's certainly exercising his non existent veto here. The power this guy has at Ferrari! Next year he's president right? of FIAT too?

What utter BS. He's a driver. And all drivers have their own likes and dislikes. For instance if I was a driver, I'd want to work with someone to achieve a common goal of moving the team forward. And know you can truly trust your team mate. I agree completely with you Sakae on the supposed drivers Ferrari were interested in. Just because drivers contact Ferrari about a drive (which ALL drivers managers go since it's their job), it doesn't mean they at ANY point considered them seriously. All I've see is hot air. DR, GRO, Perez, Sainz, Max, Nico, Hamilton. It's a joke. Ferrari will replace Kimi when it's time. They are not stressing about it. Yet someone is.

I can't work out why the Brit press continue to grind away on this. Someone's feeling hurt, or p**sed off. Perez? Probably. Who knows, some strange conspiracy theory could involve Rubert via Newscorp wanting to expand into Mexico, and Perez's backers wanting Perez in at Ferrari. Thus requiring ab it of help from Rubert via his newspapers and such in return for him gaining access to the Mexican market. I don't have a clue, and see how easy it is to make things up? I've got anonymous sources for sure ;), but the voices inside my head would like to remain in the shadows...

Something is really wrong here thoguh if F1 "news" websites continue to beat up on Vettel and Kimi. The question is why?

4 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

... The question is why?

Per lex parsimoniae, undeclared war for sport primacy is ongoing, and as a smart man said:

'Among the calamities of war may be jointly numbered the diminution of the love of truth, by the falsehoods which interest dictates and credulity encourages.' (from The Idler, 1758)

Some is seriously trying to get a seat at Ferrari. Now Kimi is being compared to Trump and not in any favourable way... and someone is claiming Horner as having said he thinks Vettel will goto Merc in 2018. I find it astonishing that once again it's only Kimi and Vettel that have to endure this BS supposed journalism. Thus I have to conclude someone is still p**sed off at not getting a Ferrari seat.

I've even read articles that have taken a very angry tone against Kimi. Because he apparently stopped GRO, Ricci, Perez and Bugs Bunny from obtaining a Ferrari seat. And then other articles where they rip into Kimi for not liking the media so much. Wow I wonder why!?

I just don't read crap like that, everything has been confirmed now so what's the deal?

Horner was just stirring the pot. Both drivers at Mercedes have multi-year contracts...there is no slot there in 2018 (and why would there be). 

Horner now admitted as much, when Vettel said (sarcastically), it's funny, when some people know more than you do.

Possible series of moves....Perez to Renault (bye Palmer)....Wehlein to Force India....Rossi to Manor

Suspect we are also seeing Massa's last year in F1......Button to Williams......Vandoorne to Mclaren

Situation with Haryanto is confusing, as it is being watched weekend by weekend. McLaren might be ahead of Williams, thus traversing laterally would seem rather puzzling move, assuming Button has a choice to stay.

Haryanto is actually doing well. His teammate is highly thought of, yet they have pretty much matched each other in qualifying. It would be a shame if he lost his ride. Right now, he is showing that he deserves to be there.

There heaven and earth apart in both qualifying and race results. Werhlein has scored the point and also got there best qualifying result and at some circuits showing some real pace, there's no comparison between this pair IMO. Werhlein will go on to have a pretty good career IMO and haryanto will just go round in that revolving door that is pay drivers.

Is Bottas on his way out of F1? Rumor has it, that Williams will replace both drivers (story makes big headlines for them), but I am not sure where is place for Bottas. Renault..?

Possibly but who is a better replacement for bottas to partner what seems to be button?

Well, Palmer was having one of his rare good days until he spun off the track. Massa was unimpressive. I think both are on the way out. If Bottas moves, I am not sure where he will move to.

13 hours ago, Emmcee said:

There heaven and earth apart in both qualifying and race results. Werhlein has scored the point and also got there best qualifying result and at some circuits showing some real pace, there's no comparison between this pair IMO. Werhlein will go on to have a pretty good career IMO and haryanto will just go round in that revolving door that is pay drivers.

Qualifying is less random than a race.....it is a chance to show a driver's speed. Clearly Haryanto is fast (this is assuming that the much more proven Werhlein is fast). I have not compared their race performance on those rare days when they both had working cars....but I so far I have not seen a big difference between the two. Werhlein even commented early in the season that Haryanto was fast.

Bottas and Perez with ever improving Renault could be an interesting combo. Wolff thinks Bottas's place in F1 is save (but maybe not with Williams).

Well, it is clear that Renault is going to be one of the top five teams next season (if the performance of Red Bull is any indication that they have solved their engine problems). As the big four already pretty much have all their seats filled...this leaves Renault as the best remaining options. I think we are looking at Magnussen, Perez and Bottas....and 3 does not go into 2. I am assuming at this stage that Palmer is gone.

6 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Qualifying is less random than a race.....it is a chance to show a driver's speed. Clearly Haryanto is fast (this is assuming that the much more proven Werhlein is fast). I have not compared their race performance on those rare days when they both had working cars....but I so far I have not seen a big difference between the two. Werhlein even commented early in the season that Haryanto was fast.

Yeah he is quick and I must admit he impressed me so far but I think werhlein is that much better.

5 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, it is clear that Renault is going to be one of the top five teams next season (if the performance of Red Bull is any indication that they have solved their engine problems). As the big four already pretty much have all their seats filled...this leaves Renault as the best remaining options. I think we are looking at Magnussen, Perez and Bottas....and 3 does not go into 2. I am assuming at this stage that Palmer is gone.

Is it just me or does palmer have abit of an attitude? I see it in his body language, he thinks he knows more and has more experience than he actually does.

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah he is quick and I must admit he impressed me so far but I think werhlein is that much better.

Well, I believe my comment about Haryanto is that he has shown that he deserves to be in F1. Anyhow, if he does not finish the season, that would be a shame, because he has shown some speed.