Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Perez has been all over the place with what he's saying. And Force India said months ago he's under contract for 2017 anyway. I do find it odd then that they have to announce it again formally, unless it's an extension, or that Perez attempted to break his contract and Force India have managed to re-sign or retain him.

Looks like Renault is last mystery team on the grid. Magnussen is in headlines that he doesn't know who is in charge of the team (really?), Palmer is high on his own self-appraisement every time he is facing media, so, how about that?

There is clearly something going on behind the scenes at Renault, possibly involving Perez's investors. The two owners of Force India are 1) in jail and 2) on the lam. It is clearly time to move on.

Lol at Palmer remark. He so does doesn't he?  every time he is asked a question it some how gets reverted back to him and how he has driven this season so far. And it's always " I think Iam driving better than I ever did".

Williams' drivers strategy escapes me. They take on Stroll, a junior driver without an iota of experience, to support co-development of the car (or a bank account)? Bottas /Stroll it is for next year. But then, why I should be surprised? They were always an odd (mostly anti) group of people, capable of firing WDC, or traditionally preferring NA drivers over Europeans. Good for them, but I would not expect miracles, if I were a betting man.

They haven't always been like this, it's been ever since Frank handed it over to his daughter. It's sadly slowly gone downhill since then.

Wrong. Maybe you are reffering to finances, but hiring and firing drivers I have been referring to, happened when her farther with his partner were running that joint. There is no mistake. Ask Hill and others. (Hidden team orders, etc. -  we heard it all from drivers when they retired).

Not too much action on the tarmac, but plenty in the rumor alley.

Best ones yet are coming to us from England about Ferrari:

- Kimi and Arri are probably out next season. Depends on results in next 6 races.

- Ferrari is disoriented after Alison (says Stewart). Silly me, I thought he was responsible for the "2016 success".

Sometimes I wish people just would retire, and stop giving interviews.

Why would Ferrari get rid of Kimi? He's doing as good as Seb. It sounds like more of the same DNA bullsh*t that has hounded Kimi for years. Cue the he's lost his motivation article any minute now. I just don't get it, but then again maybe it's just click bait. I mean who would care otherwise if it was rumoring about Maldonado or Perez or the Hulk. But Kimi... he's popular so of course people will read and click.

He's got a contract for next year. He's driving fine. It's the pit strategies that need overhauling, and if anyone else is to be given the boot from the team, its Marchionne who needs to go by firing himself.

True or false, point was made, that Kimi' next year contract is predicated on performance related validation for rest of the year, thus it's allegedly not secured as yet. Article suggests, that it was half-true that Kimi has a contract for next year, and despite that, I do not see it really changing.

Arrivabene's well being is always questioned, thus we do not know much more.

Hasn't kimi got a 2018 deal already to? That's what I heard but it's just up to Ferrari to activate the extension. He has already said he would drive next year and 2018 if Ferrari want him. It can't be performance based as I think kimi is in the best space mentally aswell that he has been in well ever. He's still bringing in solid results, his qualifying issues he has had seems to all but evaporated, kimi is massively on form and had driven very well this year.

Raikonnen' performance of late is not being questioned. What was questioned, whether his contract was signed, and sealed for next year, or it was merely a promissory note (to shut down media speculation) of an intent to give him contract for next year, predicated on his performances in all races this year. I think he will have no problem, but I've read about this only now. Whether the article is just blowing hot air or they know more, I am not sure. 

Regarding 2018, I think there is no contract for him (yet). Kimi was quoted, if he continues to like racing, and there will be an opportunity, that he will consider to do 2018 as well. 

Perez still hasn't been confirmed at Force India. One wonders just what is going on.

As for Kimi, didn't he directly say that Marchione called him and an offered him a contract for next year? Kimi's not one to bullsh*t so I believe him. At the end of the day, any team can terminate any driver and just pay them out.

Just as I've felt all along, there is a reason Kimi once again, for hte millionith time is back in the news for contracts. And as I've felt so many times lately, it has to be someone who has something to gain. My view it it's Perez's camp still trying somehow to get him a seat at Ferrari. And thus until it's confirmed 100%, the Perez to Force India or Renault saga will continue on.

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

Perez still hasn't been confirmed at Force India. One wonders just what is going on.

As for Kimi, didn't he directly say that Marchione called him and an offered him a contract for next year? Kimi's not one to bullsh*t so I believe him. At the end of the day, any team can terminate any driver and just pay them out.

Just as I've felt all along, there is a reason Kimi once again, for hte millionith time is back in the news for contracts. And as I've felt so many times lately, it has to be someone who has something to gain. My view it it's Perez's camp still trying somehow to get him a seat at Ferrari. And thus until it's confirmed 100%, the Perez to Force India or Renault saga will continue on.

Divide and conquer. Some media never give up, and steering a pot, whether there is smoke, or not. Arrivabene has the same problem, as his future is all the time questioned. He may or may not be replaced, but whose business is that? They don't do this to any other TP, with exception of Sauber, another continental team.

Take latest BS in media - the team is in disarray, because they exist without an Englishman at the helm, and they aren't in England. This kind of attitude has a name, but I doubt I can use it here, unless I want to get banned. It doesn't bother them, that there many teams in England, which do lead nothing more than miserable existence. As I see it, Ferrari is an Italian team, existing on Italian soil, and doesn't need to spend money into foreign coffers, while collecting technical rejects from other teams. Kimi and everyone else will do fine, vitriolic headlines notwithstanding, just leave them alone. Motor-valley, Italian style, based in Italy is at its birth-cradle, and I hope it will develop properly and promptly. Can't wait.

BTW, Bottas and several others aren't confirmed either. FI said their drivers do have contract with them, so there is nothing to announce, yet we all know that Perez doesn't see it that way. I think he feels it's now, or never, type of a situation for him, as younger drivers are pushing in, and older drivers aren't leaving.

Apparently Perez has just been confirmed with FI for next season. As for kimi, I do t understand why media make stories up out of crap. There's nothing to talk about as far as Iam concerned accept the fact he has improved dramatically this season and has proven why he deserves his seat. So no reason to question anything there as far as Iam concerned, Seb aswell, both drivers doing maximum job possible. As for Ricciardo, he is also doing the best he possibly can dispite being robbed two race wins in a row due to pit "errors" that seem to always benifit verstappen some how. As for max, he driving is questionable at times but not what the main story should be focussed about. It should be about how Lewis Hamilton is a deuchebag. Lol, no but Mercedes is and should the the main vocal point not bogus stories.

Yea, my TV broadcast said that Perez was confirmed at Force India for next year. I am guessing that it is only for next year.

That leaves only Renault as a drive worth having with open seats. Magnussen probably and ????. I assuming that this is Palmer's first and last season.

Alonso purportedly recommended Sainz (TR driver) to McLaren for future consideration. Makes one wonder why he did that, and why now? Is it an act of a friend, call of co-patriotic duty, or he is not planning to sign a contract extension for 2018? Either way, Button may have competition for a seat if Alonso leaves. Sainz meanwhile is getting older, as we all are, and I would think that Ferrari might be perhaps a better option for him than wasting his life in mid-field. RB seems pretty selfish to hold him back, in their own interest. I thought that I would see him at Renault next year, a team with potential, after Kimi was confirmed, but that was not to be, for some reasons. I can tolerate, and find interesting Palmer senior, but his son may learn that F1 is probably not his right calling. I do not expect him to be on the grid next year.

Probably to try save sainz as he has been at toro Rosso for a while now and we all know they get bored of drivers pretty quick.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Alonso purportedly recommended Sainz (TR driver) to McLaren for future consideration. Makes one wonder why he did that, and why now? Is it an act of a friend, call of co-patriotic duty, or he is not planning to sign a contract extension for 2018? Either way, Button may have competition for a seat if Alonso leaves. Sainz meanwhile is getting older, as we all are, and I would think that Ferrari might be perhaps a better option for him than wasting his life in mid-field. RB seems pretty selfish to hold him back, in their own interest. I thought that I would see him at Renault next year, a team with potential, after Kimi was confirmed, but that was not to be, for some reasons. I can tolerate, and find interesting Palmer senior, but his son may learn that F1 is probably not his right calling. I do not expect him to be on the grid next year.

Sainz needs to start looking at his proper future because Max won't be leaving Red Bull for some years, and probably Ricci too. I'm not sure which way is up at the moment. Williams are and continue to go nowhere. Going to Renault may not be that good an idea but if it's for a longterm contract them it might be.

The problem is there are more good drivers than good seats. They need to have more competitive teams.

The team situation is a joke. The money required to buy in, the issue of new teams getting no prize money, it's more of a joke.

I love that teams just pop up and try to gain entry in the Indy 500. Wouldn't it be cool if F1 was like that. Then we'd see alot more drivers getting a chance, and drivers who have lost their seats also getting another chance.

As it stands, if we lost Manor, Renault, Sauber and Williams. Who here really is going to notice? The depth of competition in F1 is ZERO. We know what team is going to win, unless like in the last race an engine blowup. But going well, Merc win, and win and win and win. It's so exciting.

Yeah I am currently going through my books in past championships and we got more teams scoring points back in the day when it only paid points to the top 6 compared to the top ten today.

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

The team situation is a joke. The money required to buy in, the issue of new teams getting no prize money, it's more of a joke.

I love that teams just pop up and try to gain entry in the Indy 500. Wouldn't it be cool if F1 was like that. Then we'd see alot more drivers getting a chance, and drivers who have lost their seats also getting another chance.

As it stands, if we lost Manor, Renault, Sauber and Williams. Who here really is going to notice? The depth of competition in F1 is ZERO. We know what team is going to win, unless like in the last race an engine blowup. But going well, Merc win, and win and win and win. It's so exciting.

Little off topic, in reference to competitive imbalance that exists in Tier 1 group, what I would like to know how did they managed to lock themselves into token system, first year homologation with new technology, absence of testing on tracks, etc. What is perplexing, that what are presumably intelligent people, how could they commit themselves to such i***c situation? This has earmarks of decisions rendered more likely in an accounting department, than in engineering offices. Add that conspiratorial smoke started by one of our dear leaders, who was quoted that certain team had real jump on the rest through some technology related bilateral discussions with FiA. Today of course we see results, and unless you are staunch fan of Hamilton, and love cheap (denotes unchallenged) victories... rest is history. 

Sure, it's not only PU, but one can guess how expensive recovery process was, placing strain on resources, while front team could balance their research all around. Ferrari got shafted worst IMO, having to attend PU and the rest. RBR is something else. They focused on aero, etc., having Renault to go through the hoops. From what I read, I am not so sure that next year it is going to be much better.