Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Honestly though werhlein would've got it before ocon, but anyway.

Zander to Sauber, and back to F1 from Audi, as VW is taking breather from WEC, letting the other guys also win here and there, before praise turns into hate. Renault and Honda has done it the same in the past. You win everything around, and headlines start reporting not what you win, but when you have a problem. That's the time to quit, and come later.

Whilst end of 2017 might see Vettel, Kimi, possibly Alonso seeking next contracts, or even retirements, we have now confirmation that Ricciardo's and Hamilton's  contracts will be up for renewal only by the end of 2018. I would be not surprised if they all (except Ricciardo) retire from F1, and pursue other interests in their lives. I am not suggesting that's what they will do, much depends on state of racing next year, but for some reasons I feel those guys had enough.

Confirmed - Bottas is a short deal.

Wolff admitted to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport that the short deal leaves Mercedes’ options open in the event that Sebastian VettelFernando AlonsoSergio Perez and Carlos Sainz might be available for 2018.
Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/01/28/wolff-admits-bottas-rivals-on-2018-f1-radar/#TyL1uSJivBQ2biBI.99

I am convinced that Mercedes covered all options (that suits them).

Sainz and Vettel yes, okay lets go for Alonso as well. Won't happen though as Glamilton the Poodle is in charge of the Merc household. Maybe Merc really do care about Pascal and didn't promote him knowing whomever they chose know would not make it into their 2nd year, as it's clear they will bring in someone new in 2018.

Hearing that McLaren might not last beyond 2018 (unless a sponsor saves them) might induce a twitch into driver's market with a wrench in a gearbox. True or not, it's not something CEO should be spewing around thoughtlessly. Under normal circumstance in first instance I would think that it's much worse than Brown admitted, and question then is, what else is he hiding? Pretty weird strategy how to govern a technology/sporting entity by the American. 

McLaren are fvcked! The coup to topple Ron will have further consequences. Like him or not, F1 was better with him around. I wish he had swooped in and bought Manor and started a new team. That would have been exciting. But it's also possible he like the Sith, are plotting and waiting for that chance when McLaren do falter, and the Arab contingent then offload their shares.... and in rides Ron to take control again.

Why they didn't have a sponsor is beyond me. That is one area Ron needed to loosen up on, and just get some names and sponsors on the car.

McLaren as a whole entity is sending mixed signals to the outside world. Automotive among others names BMW as partners, guys, who do like to see a long range plan first before they sign anything, whereas the F1 division has Brown, and his talk. Somewhat confusing noise, at least for now.

I'm pretty sure the moderates in the McLaren group will rue the day Ron was ousted as it becomes more apparent there is no vision for the future, no leadership or spark that made McLaren. I mean just their center of excellence of whatever their factory is called is still incredible and Ron was behind that. The air for detail and perfection is going to be sorely missed there.

Is director of FI a first fallen victim of this year musical chairs? India wants him extradite from London where he is hiding, claim various news outfits. (Not a first time actually).

On 1 February 2017 at 6:02 PM, KoolMonkey said:

I'm pretty sure the moderates in the McLaren group will rue the day Ron was ousted as it becomes more apparent there is no vision for the future, no leadership or spark that made McLaren. I mean just their center of excellence of whatever their factory is called is still incredible and Ron was behind that. The air for detail and perfection is going to be sorely missed there.

Yep well said and this could snowball on for years yet, I hope not as Iam a Macca fan but in truth (something some should do here) it does look like a pretty step hill to keep climbing but eventually I think they will get there.

Based on assertion stated in the article, question is, how will Alonso react, because I am assuming that he will not stay with McLaren under those conditions for another four years with a hope to find WDC with English team at the end of this road.

Once again your making assumptions and trying to pass them of as concrete. If it worried alonso to the extent people carry on about here, then why did he turn down the Ferrari contract to join Mclaren? Ohh that's right, all the hundreds of stories that say he left are ALL incorrect so is Martin brundle. More like alonso got sick of the stand over tactics and "my way or the highway" attitude that the current Ferrari have soiled themselves in. Even if alonso retires due to age and the length of his career, people will blame it on Mclaren and him, even if he is 40 or so. If alonso doesn't stay with Mclaren, he will join Mercedes next year or he will retire. No fired or pushed out the sport like some would hope. He hasn't won a title in 11 years and yet everyone would have him as first pick, Ferrari did and had to result to Seb as plan b, weather fans like it or not, it's the truth. So ten years on and still the most sort after, bah what would anyone in the f1 paddock know hey? Funny how that doesn't work if it's related to Seb or Ferrari, ohh no the first story that I come across with that aspect is 100% correct isn't? Glad some people in here aren't journo's there's no way I would read the tunnel minded propaganda.

Some names we might not see on the grid next year

Almost certain:

Palmer

Magnussen

Tentative:

Alonso

Massa

Kimi

Kvyat

_________

Ecclestone suggested Hamilton may take a curtain (if sufficiently p***d)

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Some names we might not see on the grid next year

Almost certain:

Palmer

Magnussen

Tentative:

Alonso

Massa

Kimi

Kvyat

_________

Ecclestone suggested Hamilton may take a curtain (if sufficiently p***d)

Might be good if Gio can get Kimi's seat when he retires, since Kimster is driving like an old man now. Italian driving an Italian car! Besides Vettel, I can see myself as a fan of Gio. The boy has some skill

Well someone made a good point on the other forum iam on related to the link I believe Sakae posted here about webber claiming alonso won't see the season out. His theory was Palmer would get sacked, Alonso would walk from Mclaren back to Renault and Button would come back to take Alonso's seat at Mclaren. Intresting theory I thought but highly plausible.

51 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Well someone made a good point on the other forum iam on related to the link I believe Sakae posted here about webber claiming alonso won't see the season out. His theory was Palmer would get sacked, Alonso would walk from Mclaren back to Renault and Button would come back to take Alonso's seat at Mclaren. Intresting theory I thought but highly plausible.

Would be a good compromise. Alonso won't earn as much tho, would be better than lagging at the lower end of the field and work with Renault to get them to a more competitive level

I also think he think he will have a tough time handling hulk though, but money wise I don't think he cares and Renault would be a better option. Palmer so far has been horrendous, so if he keeps it up i not sure he will see the season out IMO.