Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

It does not work any which way. It has been shown so for years now.

Imagine if Vettel and Hamilton had been midfield on poor cars and, for example, Hulkenberg (and otherwise solid racer) had racked up 3 or 4 or 5 world championships and some 40, 50, or 60 race wins. Everyone would know that those numbers were artificial and only so because Vettel and Hamilton had had no say in it, that is, because Hulkenberg would've had make-believe clean air.

Sure, there would be some people delighted to see the drivers they hate lose and the driver they worship win, no matter how those wins and loses had happen. They would point at the record and claim that they woke up every morning with a smile. Competition? Fvck the competition.

As I said, there is no fixing this. F1 has been running on fantasies for years. Moreover, it can't be changed for no other reason than because the beneficiaries see no advantage in it. Why would they?

41 minutes ago, maure said:

As I said, there is no fixing this. F1 has been running on fantasies for years. 

That's what I said when certain name comes up.

On 3/29/2017 at 3:25 PM, Sakae said:

That's what I said when certain name comes up.

Haters...

shrug

Raikkonen wants to stay beyond 2017 F1

The 2007 world champion, now 37, has been a solid if not standout performer during his second stint at Ferrari.

But ahead of the Chinese grand prix, Speed Week quotes Raikkonen as saying: “As long as I enjoy driving and my services are desired, I will stay in formula one.”

They like him there. One more year is not out of question for him.

On 3 April 2017 at 7:45 PM, radical-one said:

Good for Jos --

JOS VERSTAPPEN BEATEN UP IN CLUB BRAWL

Maybe Jos was being abit of a Toss, wouldn't put it past him.

nothing really new because he was in several bar fights in Tokyo- Roppongi back in the 90s. I guess he is some sort of a war freak when drunk....

I don't understand why the family is focussing on this idiot when there son is at the level he is at. That's where the energy and support needs to go.

Well, I for one would like to see Verstappen go to Ferrari. As you know, one of my comments about Vettel has always been that we really don't know how good he is, because he has never been teamed with a top driver (the demotivated Kimi does not count). Putting Verstappen on the same team with Vettel will actually let us see 1) how good Vettel is, 2) how good Verstappen is and 3) probably generate as much fireworks as the Hamilton/Alonso pairing.

I look forward to this, if it happens.

Now....adding Alonso to Mercedes would set us up for a hell of season.

Is Kimi or Vettel (perhaps both) leaving Maranello? I am having my doubts that Ferrari would go into a new season with two new names driving their cars.

On subject of Vettel having to prove himself, frankly I do not understand logic of it. Vettel is proving himself for past 10 years, and these days he is fighting again at the front, thus I am not sure what else is expected of him. It was Hamilton who has explained what happens within a team, when two Alpha males driving for the same brand.

It is Hamilton in Mercedes, Hamilton in McLaren, and Alonso in Ferrari, who got defeated by Vettel. That should be enough but isn't? Isn't there something else which clouds an objective analysis?

Now with Verstappen, I am not looking forward some crude and overly aggressive behavior towards his teammate just for sake to prove himself, but then, some people do like wrestling. Fact remains, Vettel has score board results on his CV do the talking. Opinions which car was fastest or this and that is just that - unproven opinions. It's the same nonsensical claim, that a driver to "prove" himself against his opponent, must be within the same team, yet mechanical convergence is not based on brand names, and can be achieved by different means. If it would be, that we would have series with one team only, and 26 drivers driving the same brand of a car. Current state of series is almost at that ideal point, when almost four teams will be very close to each other in performance. It is a preferred state to mobocracy attitudes running unrestrained on the internet.

43 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think RBR are allowing their drivers to smoke some heavy stuff

We should have fire extinguishers handy for some of this stuff.

Hard to say what's going on with RBR.

- Sainz wants to leave or be promoted.

- Kvyat - ditto.

- Verstappen wants to leave.

- DR drank too much of the good stuff off his shoe, had enough, and now is reported to thinking about retirement.

- Horner is not happy with the engine.

Is there actually anyone happy?

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hard to say what's going on with RBR.

- Sainz wants to leave or be promoted.

- Kvyat - ditto.

- Verstappen wants to leave.

- DR drank too much of the good stuff off his shoe, had enough, and now is reported to thinking about retirement.

- Horner is not happy with the engine.

Is there actually anyone happy?

To compound the problem they have the best aero package. Incredible

Re:...they have the best aero package

>That IS speculation, I would actually argue that McLaren Honda, has the 
best aero - difficult to perform with the Honda PU

I am not sure what's going on with F1 media, but this weekend is full of denials who is going where. Is there anyone left to whom we can trust? Grosjean and Sainz managed to make a lot of enemies from people who can decide on their future. Not a very best strategic move on their part.

While hurrying up, I've noted number of typos; for example after FP3 one site declared Hamilton in P1 (it was actually Vettel), than after qualification was over, Bottas was ahead of Seb by 0.4 sec, yet actually it was 0.042 etc.  It's not end of the World as we know it, yet little more effort into this would be nice.