Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

Yea....looks like it will take a couple of weeks before everything is sorted out. Keep in mind, guys like Verstappen and Sainz are still kids really, promoted way to early into F1 thanks to their dad's connections. Even though they are both very good drivers....it is not surprising that they are a little impatient and tactless. Anyhow, both think they feel they should move up to a top team....except there are only 4 seats that matter in F1...and two are already well occupied.

Jos Verstappen has confirmed that his son Max will be staying at Red Bull next season as speculation mounts that the  teenager is wanted by Ferrari.

Kimi is obviously m ore interested in eating ice cream ,  so he will retire at the end of the season.
Ferrari NEED to act NOW

Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne has indicated that Kimi Raikkonen needs to get his season in gear and do more for the team as contract negotiations for 2018 pick up pace.

People do change their minds, but based on various articles published recently, for Alonso doors closed in RBR, MB, Ferrari, and effectively in Renault as well after warning was issued from that camp - no wins next year. Like it or not, if he wants to stay in F1, then it is with McLaren for 2018, or moving to Indy next year.

Ferrari have told Sebastian Vettel he just has to sign on the dotted line to stay with the Formula 1 Italian team beyond this season.

Will he sign? Should he sign? I am not entirely of understanding why Seb is hesitating, and what's holding him back. Maybe my judgement is obstructed by believe, that he will never drive for Mercedes, and his heart is red. Is it money? Not sure about that. Could be both, money and length of the contract.

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Certainly different to what I read in the press...

Anyway, I think Kimi should still up his game to win constructors with Seb for Ferrari

DETqexNXkAQtdh8.jpg_large.jpg

There are some other articles quoting SM, which is why I said in one of the proceeding posts "Kimi is probably on the bubble". 

Pretty tough language...

But the latest snub has come from no less than Ferrari big boss Sergio Marchionne who said in Austria, “Alonso may well have shown the desire to return, but he did not find the right response from our part. We’re not interested.”

This could be a reason why Seb didn't sign offered contract. What SM is offering a contract extension, whereas Seb, I guess, wants rise and a few years (3?).

Marchionne stated that if Vettel wishes to stay, Ferrari will extend his contract: "I made it very clear that if he wants to stay then we’ll just renew it. It's up to him."

I am not sure what he will do if he however will not get what he wants. Germans say “Ein Kompromiß, ist die Kunst, einen Kuchen so zu teilen, daß jeder meint, er habe das größte Stück bekommen”. 

Is Lauda sitting by the phone in the background? I have difficulty to envision something like that. Contract extension could be a baseline, but in Sept we will be clear what Seb has done. (I think he is still negotiating his stuff without a lawyer/agent present).

50 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This could be a reason why Seb didn't sign offered contract. What SM is offering a contract extension, whereas Seb, I guess, wants rise and a few years (3?).

I am not sure what he will do if he however will not get what he wants. Germans say “Ein Kompromiß, ist die Kunst, einen Kuchen so zu teilen, daß jeder meint, er habe das größte Stück bekommen”. 

Is Lauda sitting by the phone in the background? I have difficulty to envision something like that. Contract extension could be a baseline, but in Sept we will be clear what Seb has done. (I think he is still negotiating his stuff without a lawyer/agent present).

Now that you've mentioned it...Yep, think so too

Kimi needs sending to the retirement home. Ferrari need a top driver. Max or Alonso will do fine. 

I don't care about any other moves. 

14 hours ago, VicVenom said:

Kimi needs sending to the retirement home. Ferrari need a top driver. Max or Alonso will do fine. 

I don't care about any other moves. 

Yes,

he's driving like an old man

16 July 2017,  6:16

Has Sainz managed to talk himself out of TR contract, and he will consequently replace Palmer in mid season? Strange rumor is floating around about it. 

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes,

he's driving like an old man

Kimi IS an old man now-a-days
He doesn`t have the energy he had at McLaren - eating too much ice-cream    

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Including Kimi as part of Vettel's bargain to stay at Ferrari. 

5 hours ago, radical-one said:

Including Kimi as part of Vettel's bargain to stay at Ferrari. 

Forum has had the unfortunate effect of bolstering our biases, however contrary to dissonance among its contributors, based on available information and believe, Vettel has no say who will, or will not drive as his teammate. I have no doubt he might be asked what he thinks about similarities of driving styles between his and those of respective candidates, but that would be probably full extend of it. Kimi may or may not be retained, and these days final call on that account might not be Arrivabene's either.

The Haas F1 team will retain Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen as its drivers next year, according to the American squad's owner Gene Haas.

This could be rather unpleasant setback for Giovinazzi (23 y. of age) who has eyed a seat with Americans. His and Leclerc' names sometimes pop up as candidates for one of the seats at Ferrari, veracity of which I personally doubt. It is not in DNA of modern era Ferrari (after Enzo' passing) to hand over a job to an unproven driver in F1.

I am not sure it this confirmation changes musical chairs narrative, however it is worthwhile to remember, that neither of their current drivers has been re-signed for next year, and who can predict what Marchionne will decide tomorrow? He might just surprise us all. I wonder what's on Seb's mind about delaying contract negotiations, because realistically it's either re-signing 3 years deal Ferrari offered, or retirement. My assumption of course is that Ferrari is his last destination in his life as GP racer. 

I'm not sure about this one:

The German, though, it is claimed, is wanting a one-year deal which would pave the way for a move to Mercedes in 2019 when Lewis Hamilton’s contract expires

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

This could be rather unpleasant setback for Giovinazzi (23 y. of age) who has eyed a seat with Americans. His and Leclerc' names sometimes pop up as candidates for one of the seats at Ferrari, veracity of which I personally doubt. It is not in DNA of modern era Ferrari (after Enzo' passing) to hand over a job to an unproven driver in F1.

I am not sure it this confirmation changes musical chairs narrative, however it is worthwhile to remember, that neither of their current drivers has been re-signed for next year, and who can predict what Marchionne will decide tomorrow? He might just surprise us all. I wonder what's on Seb's mind about delaying contract negotiations, because realistically it's either re-signing 3 years deal Ferrari offered, or retirement. My assumption of course is that Ferrari is his last destination in his life as GP racer. 

I'm not sure about this one:

Which would explain Lewis' comments as of late. Wanting a longer contract at Merc, still 4-5 years left in his F1 racing career etc etc

Noise around Hamilton has too many flavors for my taste. One day allegedly he is considering retiring this very season (emulating Rosberg), whereas next day he would like to race longer (and consequently in process pump MB out of EUR 200 MM+ over next five years). Other than click-bait, it is non-event IMHO. I wonder in which currency he is being paid. If it is in GBP, he could be in trouble, as this week some British airports were exchanging as low 1 GBP for 0.88 EUR. (drop from €1.41 about in summer two years ago).

30 July 2017,  12:05

Ferrari:

Ferrari is set to announce Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen at the Italian Grand Prix later this year, according to Sky Italia...

Both drivers are out of contract for next season, and while it is expected that Vettel will sign on, the future of Raikkonen has been questioned. Ferrari has said that it will happily negotiate an extension with Vettel but have told Raikkonen his performances must improve if he wishes to retain his seat.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari:

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari:

the problem is that it seems that Vettel is trying to have a clause in his contract whereby Ferrari has to retain Kimi for a further year, at least. I think that Vettel is doing very well but insisting so strongly in having a weak team mate isn't great

30 July 2017,  12:26

How factual is this theory of "scare" Vettel? I've read an article which claimed the same, however it was published by a notoriously inaccurate website, which is known to live of clickbait headlines, made up rumors from unnamed sources, and it is also well known Vettel's dissenter for many years. 

My take on this is, as I've stated some time ago, Ferrari will employ drivers who will be chosen by Marchionne on Arrivabene's recommendation, regardless what Sebastian wants. I am not convinced that anyone is actually requesting his input beyond basic opinion on driving similarities which will influence vehicle design and construction. 

Weakness of the charges against him as described, could be seen as dubious on a time line. Seb is committing to Ferrari basically for longer period and past the Kimi's (presumed) retirement date. Ferrari has not denied that they do have pre-agreement with Verstappen for 2019. There is no one available for one year (2018), and then leaving, because Verstappen will want that seat in 2019. Seb of course  will have a valid contract 2018, 2019, 2020. 

Vettel denied the charges leveled against him, and I tend to believe him. It would be out of frame for him to play Hamilton or similar characters. Kimi, other than his teammate is also his friend, and to defend him in media is part of comradeship quite common in his culture.