Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Silly Season

This just in... Kimi to be replaced by Perez Bottas Ricci Sainz Max Nico Hamilton Gutiérrez <insert driver name here>

This will do nothing to squash the several years long media hounding of him, if hes motivated, does her fear his spot in the team etc. It WILL continue yet again in a couple of months.

Perez was interviewed yesterday, and it is painfully obvious, that he was counting on replacing Kimi, because he could not hide his disappointment.

If I was him, I would be trying to impress for next year because IMO Ferrari signed kimi to a one year deal because there is a lot more viable options come 2018. Maybe FI wanted to much to buy Perez out aswell, these are facts we don't know and are only speculating. In my opinion and it just has to be an opinion, that of Ferrari wants a championship, it's not coming from changing lineups, that's one thing for sure.

Funny thing is, FI management claimed that both drivers are signed for next year, whereas Perez is saying that he did not make his mind what he will do. Was Mallya attempting to trick Ferrari into paying big bucks for Perez? No one understands now what's going on. 

Funny how Mallya makes an appearance at the time he did. Maybe kill two birds with one stone, sell Perez for big bucks and pay back some of his debt, maybe his fee was to extravagant and kimi was picked just a thought although I would've picked kimi already but you never know how these brains work.

I'm glad Perez isn't going to Ferrari. He doesn't belong there ever.

It's funny he's pouting and saying he hasn't made up his mind. Umm where are you going to go? The FI car is right up there, so it's only going to be downhill. Williams? Not a chance. Renault? Nope. He's stuck where he is unless he wants to go try Nascar.

54 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

If you like Kimi, please watch this. Watch it! if you hate Kimi, please watch this!

That's hysterical; I especially like the remark about Autosport. Spot on!

I've seen this before, it has nothing to do with Motorsport, it's a football show but it's historical never the less. That was so well done though, worded so good.

It's been subtitled for many different things, but this was over a year ago now. Still perfectly applicable given various F1 new website are saying keeping Kimi on is underwelming. Whatever. His fans still like him and he IS the last Ferrari F1 World Champion.

Funny also how these same websites don't say a word about Button or Alonso.

To me man, if Ferrari picked anyone different then they deserves all the bad luck they get. He has found his form again and is the perfect partner for Seb. Ferrari should've done this sooner and just focussed there attention on there car as the driver lineup is probably the most solid and reliable in f1.

Kimi survives for another year and I really can't explain why. He was systematically outqualified and outraced the year he was there with Alonso, and has been systematically outqualified and outraced the last season and half against Vettel. He is not even all that consistent. Not sure why they are keeping him. He has moments of greatness...but most of the time looks pretty ordinary. The only logic I can see is that they want a good #2 who doesn't upset things. If he was more consistent (like for example Rubins Barrichello), then I would understand that argument. There was a sense that the reason they kept him around in 2016 was that they were angling for one of the "big names" or real up-and-comers (read: Verstappen). As it is, it looks like every big name and up-and-comer is locked in for the next couple of years......so they are probably not waiting. I guess they just like Kimi and the team harmony. I don't think it was the best decision.

So, I have not been tracking this very closely, but I gather here is where we are at with drivers

Mercedes: Hamilton (confirmed), Rosberg (confirmed) --- and I gather both for multiple years

Ferrari: Vettel (for life), Kimi R. (for one more painful year)

Red Bull: DR (confirmed), Verstappen (for life?)

McLaren: Alonso (until retirement?), Button or Vandoorne ???

Williams: Bottas (one year left on contract?), Massa or Button ???

Force India: Hulkenburg, Perez (confirmed...but is it one year or multiple years?)

Renault: Magnussen?, Palmer ??? (he has not shown he belongs in F1)

Toro Rosso: Saintz (confirmed), Kvyat? (I gather probably)

Haas: Grosjean (because no Ferrari ride is available), Guitarrez? (I assume yes....he is pretty inconsistent, but quick)

Manor (no longer the worst team on the grid): Werhlien (because he is really good), Haryonto (because he matching his teammate in qualifying) 

Poor, poor pitiful Sauber: Nasr ??? (he is good, but I gather there is some friction there), Ericson (for life?...as he has something to do with the buyout)

Do I have this right?

I gather at this stage about the only drama to the silly season is does Button get replaced at McLaren and does Massa get replaced at Williams,

Nah, Williams, in true family tradition to look odd and live in "old good times", is dreaming about replacing Massa and Bottas with Mansell and Montoya.

Well, at their peak....that would have been a much stronger pair.

Actually, probably the best pair of drivers not in the top four teams (Merc, RB, Ferrari, McL) is the Force India drivers.

On 7/9/2016 at 3:18 PM, Emmcee said:

Funny how Mallya makes an appearance at the time he did. Maybe kill two birds with one stone, sell Perez for big bucks and pay back some of his debt, maybe his fee was to extravagant and kimi was picked just a thought although I would've picked kimi already but you never know how these brains work.

Yes, Mallya tried to kill 2 birds in one stone. Unfortunately NO  bird got hit - Missed ! 

On 7/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, Ruslan said:

Well, at their peak....that would have been a much stronger pair.

Actually, probably the best pair of drivers not in the top four teams (Merc, RB, Ferrari, McL) is the Force India drivers.

But also drivers as just as good as their car. Look at McLaren, 2 world champs looking like chumps with the not too good car.

If anyone has half a clue about f1, alonso's driving yesterday would proove he has still got it, what a fighter and to keep punching on when nothing is to gain after his spin, that's a true champion IMO.

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

If anyone has half a clue about f1, alonso's driving yesterday would proove he has still got it, what a fighter and to keep punching on when nothing is to gain after his spin, that's a true champion IMO.

Yep. Alonso deserves a much better car. Hopefully  McLaren brings a better package in 2017. Merc winning is making F1 a little boring