Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - Regulations, Business And Politics

I didn't know where to post this, thus new thread was born.

I heard rumor that Ferrari is ready (or considering?) to block new qualification format. Has anyone more accurate info about this subject? For the record, I do not approve of the trend which interjects more randomness into races. This new format is not improving racing, just another-one of many bad ideas in recent years. If I am not mistaken, this initiative has been driven primarilly by race promoters.

I haven't heard of this but I do know that it was voted in unanimously by the teams.

These are drivers bro, but apparently most of the teams agreed on it, I read it on another site a few days ago, might not be correct but that's what was published. But it's classic f1 now isn't ? Instead of fixing the issues we are well aware about, they try mask them by introducing new rules that only make the original issues snowball out of control. It made me laugh that bernie says f1 is loosing fans, could it be the cars and f1 as a whole? No, has to be qualifying, the one thing no one has an issue with so it has to be that. What a d1ck.

Whiting had a meeting with several drivers, got his earful about hated proposal of qualifying change, so what they do? FiA is going ahead in Australia with it. The guy represents FIA in F1, but I think we need fresh blood in that position. This is not about (rotting) experience, but about clarity of thought which I think is missing in past several years.

Once again I read "team owners give go ahead for controversial qualifying debut in Australia"

Sport governance is under fire. SM is not happy, Dr. Zetsche is upset over FOM talking wrong sales pitch, Vettel is talking about absence of leadership...

This is going to be fun this year.

Once again I read "team owners give go ahead for controversial qualifying debut in Australia"

Yes, I read that too, including Seb saying there is not a single driver on the grid who likes it. If I read it correctly, impetus for this change came actually from promoters ranks.

It's nothing new, I've read drivers are never asked over any changes, they don't have a say in the final decision. Bet there glad ayrton is gone in that sense as he would demand the drivers have a say.

Why don't they turn the driver parade into the GP?

You two, just don't give them any ideas, will you! You never know who is listening and fishing for ideas-by-fans.

Rosberg/Vettel suggested that drivers should have say in changes pertaining rules. It is interesting proposition, because voting seems flawed, despite having broad representations. Here is what I hear - world of conflicts.

- Too many people are governing sport.

- On some matters simple majority should suffice, but F1 insist on some matters that all must agree for a change to take effect.

- Client teams vote with an engine supplier, whether they agree or not.

- Drivers do not vote, nor they are consulted.

Etc.

The whole sport is governed by a "Nazi" style regime. Do as your told, only one has the power to implement changes without putting to a vote and if you don't like it, I'll find someone who will. That's the attitude of the governing body today. Drivers,teams and fans should vote to impeach bernie and his stand over regime. He's like the soup nazi of Seinfeld, could you imagine a new team besides Haas who wants to enter? "You want to race, 300 million dollars, you don't like, NO RACING FOR YOU"

This is going to be a difficult year. Managing 21 races and supporting 2017 developments on parallel track will stress Tier 2 teams to the point of extinction. Hek, even Tier 1 is going to breath heavilly. Expensive racing series just became even more expensive.

Has anyone subscribed to F1 access, and can you please provide explanation how to avoid mobile subscription yet keep desktop only?

I have subscribed last year to what I thought was a notebook (desktop) Live timing subscription, which turned up 2 months later as a mobile subscription only, and despite FOM assurances that I can watch in either method, on my notebook they demanded new fee, so in fact they demanded double payment despite my explicit choice I made in Feb 2015. This year I asked therefore for a link first, and they had not responded yet, despite it is over a week now.

Problem is, they are requesting payment data on a general choice (as last year) of link to F1 access, however one doesn't know if it is mobile, desktop, or both.

What fish will you be keeping in the nano Mike? Our lass wants a reef tank but I told her too expensive. And how many fish?

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST soft for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

Only TODAY: -30% DISCOUNT for XRumer!

You do know it's an f1 forum?

Sauber's finances are back in headlines. Is it end of the line for them, and how much longer they can go on like that? FI boss (alledgedly) went into hiding, because of unfinish business in India...

This could be a year of change.

Sauber never had an issue until Peter Sauber gave up control to that monisha woman.

What a joke, how is this going to change any result we would get this season under the old format? The amount of time and effort that's going into this and that bloody halo design, why not use that energy in something that needs to be fixed a lot sooner than anything else and that's the sports racing and allow a more natural form of racing and car design. Once just once I would love a season where the designers are told "go at it, do whatever you want" how awesome and genius would some of the ideas be?

What a joke, how is this going to change any result we would get this season under the old format? The amount of time and effort that's going into this and that bloody halo design, why not use that energy in something that needs to be fixed a lot sooner than anything else and that's the sports racing and allow a more natural form of racing and car design. Once just once I would love a season where the designers are told "go at it, do whatever you want" how awesome and genius would some of the ideas be?

Take a notice that there are numerous scenarios, whose resolution is totally absent in that write up. As usually, Whiting and his friends doing something which will require gazillion clarifications; so, what's new on your end?

There's also numerous scenarios possible now as well but they don't happen because of the gap to the front. Even wet weather doesn't even play a role anymore as the performance gap is just to much. We used to see classic races back in the day in wet weather circumstances and drivers scoring results that couldn't be predicted, so with that in mind, I fail to see any point of this, if there going to change anything, revert it back to the original one hour session.

Qualification is clarified - http://www.gptoday.c..._Australian_GP/

From this text I can now understand it.

Why change? Lauda said - it was a choice of lesser evil, because what Ecclestone wanted was totally absurd.

Do I think it was necessary?

Probably not.

Do I like it?

Not sure, but I fear that some people will be eliminated based on other factors than just poor driving, and prospect of that bothers me. Randomness should have no business in this racing. Fair chance for all, and may best man win!

Told ya it was pointless, makes no sense what so ever.