Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - Regulations, Business And Politics

Looks like RB owner dusted off his old threats early this year.

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/556803/Mateschitz_criticises_MercedesFerrari_duopoly/

My own view is, he should negotiate quietly behind the scenes, and some point, if not satisfied, announce departure. I am not going to miss them. Playing this however in public arena will not win him any friends. Besides, my own believe is, that Renault will be fully competitive, as they always were. At the end we should also not forget, that RB has certain history how they treated other teams, and getting the same medicine now back might be a bitter lesson in diplomacy.

Bet they wish they never knocked back the b-spec engine Mercedes and Ferrari offered.

Equality of engines (within ±2% dev.) is coming, but is it good?

http://www.grandprix...to-be-enforced/

For the record, I think this goes against F1 DNA, thus on long run it will shift primacy from one team to another, and that can't be good. Free hand solution with very few limiting factors is the answer, but creativity across all areas needs to flourish, and may best man win.

Exactly. While they're at it, why not imitate the GT regulations of adding weights to each race winner thus giving chance to the less stronger team? Why not scrap F1 altogether and do a GT/Le mans version race? F1 is becoming a JOKE!

Why not just revert back prior to 1998 as I beleive what we have today is the result of the massive shakeup from 1998. Prior to 1998, never an issue, the sole issue was to much cornering speed and look what they have to revert to to bring f1 back, faster cornering speeds, gone full circle.

I've surendered, and paid ransom fee, which allows me to follow data on my notebook. Subscription seems overpriced, but it's the only game in town. F1 access now delivers all kind of info I don't really care for, but I want Live Timing data, so... EUR 26 is on my Visa. US and Canada has it cheaper.

Qualification - Subject to ratification, the format will be returned for the second round in Bahrain later this month.

Intent is there, but, subject of approval, and we know following:

- FIA and FOM are under pressure from race promoters "to do something" (1st trial is now behind us)

- FiA and FOM are on the record, that to satisfy race promoters, they do not favor full pullback as in the old, and are still working on "tweaking" Q3

Hamilton said that it would be mistake to go back to the old qualification format, because F1 should be trying new things.

Me - basically blowing air from his ....

- Fans are confused by ever-changing rules (like socks) - pis""""ng everybody all the time

- F1 never thinks changes through and then you get shambolic events like Melbourne 2016

- If Hamilton is unhappy about old qualifying format, maybe he could also explain what's wrong with it, and why cummulative energy of many people have to be directed to this particular issue, as opposed to other (and most likely mre pressing) issues.

He was only saying that because he got pole. If he was on a flying lap and the time ran out and he was eliminated, he would be the first one creating a fuss.

GPToday

But it has been revealed Haas will not be receiving the 10 million with Bernie accredited as saying “It’s not the end of the world for Haas,” – “When they come into formula one they know. They asked to come in. Nobody asked them.”

Plenty love in the air, right?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/558083/Haas_loses_10_million_startup_bonus/

Yeah, how did bernie come up with that?

It comes to him naturally; this is true substance of this man (at least I think so).

Qualification saga is not over. Hembery (Pirelli) is in F1 commission, and is not ready to support scrapping current system, and Ferney of FI is another one who is not supporting reversal. Alesi meanwhile is in favor of dictatorship to fix F1 (imposing this format upon teams), totally disregarding possibility, that it was precisely the same dictatorship, who gave birth to current situation to begging with. Plenty superficiality around this sport, and if you cannot do it on the track, you grab headlines by being controversial after race.

Hey, anything better than what it is now I welcome with open arms.

http://www.grandprix...e-entire-field/

I am hoping Dr. Marko is off on this one. I am bit****g about rules (cost down measures, homologation, etc.) enough and every chance I get, but 2014 rules might have very well almost kill the series, because only one party got it right, and others are prevented from full blown ahead corrective measures through this nonsense token system. Hamilton "can be proud" how he defeated everyone. In several decades what I am with F1 we never had such atrocious situation. Last trophies under competitive rules worth anything was year 2013 IMO. Period.

There is another way to look at it, and Mercedes should be stripped of all their titles due to non-performance prior 2014, because instead participating in active racing as everyone else, they were working on hybrids.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/558256/Hamilton_critical_of_F1_governance_and_future_path/

For once Hamilton touched on something which almost makes sense, however point is, Vettel for saying much less was hauled on the carpet to FiA in Paris to explain himself. This is now several days what Hamilton said those things, yet got away with it (for now). Double standard as always?

It was a setup for Mercedes to dominate, like "koolmonkey" has touched on many times before, merc had savage tyre issues in 2013 and after there secret test which was supossidely a "filming day" there tyre issues were solved and already had 18 months head start on pu. All worked out nicely in the end, engine development is frozen so one has the possibility of even catching Mercedes.

I am not sure if we should keep score but this series is getting interesting:

- Last year McLaren (Boullier, Dennis, Alonso) complained about rules related to anti-development measures

- BE complained recently about "rubbish" product in his scolding attack

- Drivers complained about sport governance

- Today JV is talking about need for restoration of F1 credibility

Is there anyone actually happy (other than Hamilton's fans, even if lately faces are not so shining either)? It must be fun to visit a new town and ask, do you want us despite the above?

I am not sure if we should keep score but this series is getting interesting:

- Last year McLaren (Boullier, Dennis, Alonso) complained about rules related to anti-development measures

- BE complained recently about "rubbish" product in his scolding attack

- Drivers complained about sport governance

- Today JV is talking about need for restoration of F1 credibility

Is there anyone actually happy (other than Hamilton's fans, even if lately faces are not so shining either)? It must be fun to visit a new town and ask, do you want us despite the above?

Yea, well said.