Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - Regulations, Business And Politics

He's being honest in saying what he feels. Nothing wrong with that. The only thing that may be wrong is saying what people wanna hear than just for the heck of it.

I respect him for being outspoken. True people speak their mind and not pretend....

I do not disagree with what he said, or his right to say it, but in comparison to Hamilton or Alonso, who both have made damming remarks, Vettel was already reprimanded after he was called couple of years ago on the FiA carpet to Paris. Hamilton and Alonso got so far Scott free.

"The FIA should have complete control, as the regulator and the legislator of Formula 1," he told autosport.com.

"But historically it has not been like that. It is what I have inherited. It is like that.

I am saying this for years. People blame JT for a lot of things, right or wrong, but it was obvious to any thinking person, that roots of current ills are leading back to two persons. MM and BE. We are now merely harvesting what those two seow.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/560039/FIA_We_must_have_complete_control/

Internet is full of suggestions how to set up qualifying procedures, yet I think people are missing a point. This is not anymore about best ideas, but imposition of their will by BE and JT, regardless of its value. Strictly a power play. I thought only adolescents behave that way, but obviously I was wrong. F1 has become meanwhile a laughing stock for the rest of the world, and question is now, who is bringing a sport to disrepute, and should be held accountable?

Internet is full of suggestions how to set up qualifying procedures, yet I think people are missing a point. This is not anymore about best ideas, but imposition of their will by BE and JT, regardless of its value. Strictly a power play. I thought only adolescents behave that way, but obviously I was wrong. F1 has become meanwhile a laughing stock for the rest of the world, and question is now, who is bringing a sport to disrepute, and should be held accountable?

Yep, totally agree.

Ecclestone: Drivers 'shouldn't be allowed to talk'

"What sort of interest do the drivers have, other than taking money out of the sport?" said Ecclestone.

Well, drivers are at the centre of our attention. They put their lives on line for our pleasure and entertainment. However, how is English company, CVC, contributing after taking Billions out of the sport?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/560180/Ecclestone_Drivers_shouldnt_be_allowed_to_talk/

So, will RBR have a Renault engine mounted in 2017 on their car, or are they on their way out? I am increasingly doubtful, that they will have a V8 from somebody handed over, which would be on the level with current hybrids. The noise subsided in recent weeks, but I don't think that saga is over yet.

Ecclestone: Drivers 'shouldn't be allowed to talk'

Well, drivers are at the centre of our attention. They put their lives on line for our pleasure and entertainment. However, how is English company, CVC, contributing after taking Billions out of the sport?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/560180/Ecclestone_Drivers_shouldnt_be_allowed_to_talk/

I wouldn't have expected a different answer from a w@nker like him. Take money from the sport, why because there is less for him to pocket. Why shouldn't they be allowed to talk? What nazi regime is he running here? Worried he will be exposed for all his lies and scams more like it.

motosport.com

Can someone translate this into plain English, please?

Pay TV switch

Williams thinks it is also too early to judge what financial impact there will be from F1's move behind the pay wall in 2019 when it is broadcast exclusively live in the UK only on Sky

I do not understand what that woman is saying. In fact, this is not the first time with her, and I fear this might not be last time either. In comparison, to me, even Kaltenborn makes more sense.

India’s financial crimes agency revealed it has asked the government to revoke Vijay Mallya’s passport, after the indebted tycoon failed to appear before investigators in connection with a loan fraud probe.

http://www.grandprix...ort-be-revoked/

Very nice picture, smiling, while article talks about fraud. Looks like in our time shame is rather archaic word and useless concept of morality.

Whoever is suing him is just as fraudulent or corrupt, he obviously pi$$ed someone off and now is getting punished.

Kaltenborn is responsible for the demise of sauber.

Maybe series style of governance has something to do with it as well.

Button has now added his voice of disapproval of inducement of randomness by authorities over traditional skills. Three years behind me, but better late than never.

Button

“So to bring the field closer together, we might have to think about changing the rules – even if Mercedes and Ferrari don’t like it,” he added.

Manipulative Briton, isn't he? Rules are bad, and his team is guilty of those being on the books, as several other parties, but why picking up on Ferrari? Ferrari is working hard on closing the gap, and now when they spend a lot of money and many sleepless nights, all over sudden little british guy has a problem with it and wants it free for his team. Good stuff, Button, but where have you been in mid-2014 when you told people to shut up and work hard...

Button did have a pretty good season in 2014 given the car he had.

The point is - what is Button talking about? As far as public knows, Ferrari and Honda are in alignment with regulations. Mercedes alone was against relaxing rules (for competition to close the gap). In terms of pricing, Honda -- said Horner -- offered them an engine deal last year at 30 MM each. While that number appears by far most expensive engine offer on the grid, demanded 12 MM is below production cost.

Maybe they were looking ahead, don't know because if we return back to NA engines, Honda will be one engine you will want to have.

I don't think it's so simple. Arai said once that the only reason why Honda returned was interest in hybrid development in F1. On the other issue, again, I might be in the minority, but last time around in the era of NA engines, I would suggest that Renault handed pretty much a defeat to Honda, therefore if anything, it is not really clear that Honda is an engine to have.

Drivers complain about mandated min. tire pressure. Gro said his car is unstable, slides, pressure is too high.

Ferrari and Fiat Chrysler president Sergio Marchionne has not dismissed speculation the struggling Swiss team Sauber could become Alfa Romeo.

Is there substance to this, or someone is getting ahead of himself?