Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - Regulations, Business And Politics

That's very interesting, astonishing some of the numbers hey? Shows how much you miss with local biased cameramen doesn't it. Thanks for sharing.

Shanghai is "Tilke" circuit, yet the race contained disproportional amount of overtaking, and not really much talked about. Media, thus also fan's focus seems misplaced. To me it's merely yet another confirmation that number of overtakes dosen't makes a race. Suspence experienced in Spain is a magnet.

Overtaking does make the race, the problem is all those moves happen away from the front and since the camera only really focus's on the front, we see none of this that there trying to prove happens.

I must be naive, but isn't a fiscally responsible government responsible to taxpayers/voters, and justifying expenditures is a part of that process?

What you mean our government that fines you if you don't vote? You must vote it's illegal here not to, where's you're freedom of speech? Don't get me started on these corrupt pigs, they've ruined my life to a degree along with many others, got no time for there propaganda.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/566331/F1_to_limit_two_engines_per_driver_by_2019/

Another, so called cost reduction? 2 engines per season? Is this The F1 we are talking about? Oh well, I had good ride, seeing some of the guys at the track in action, and nothing lasts forever (although exception might be Whiting and Ecclestone). Has actually anyone assessed properly technical impact this regulation might have on sporting quality of racing?

Not too long ago we had discussion about relevancy of road vehicles to F1, and some had been impressed with electrical cars. Sakae however suggested alternative, and here we are:

TOKYO -- Toyota Motor, JX Nippon Oil & Energy and other Japanese automakers and energy companies look to form a joint venture to establish hydrogen filling stations for fuel cell vehicles nationwide.

http://asia.nikkei.c...drogen-stations

Electrical cars are nice in short range, but (i) nation-wide infrastructure is not there to support demand, and (ii) associated issues with disposing materials, and number of others. Combination of several technologies seems more feasible at the moment.

I read in my local paper that by 2026 that they will have driverless lanes where I live.

I read in my local paper that by 2026 that they will have driverless lanes where I live.

Maybe. Two different issues, of course. What type of powerplant future movers will have, and driver's comfort.

I am not keen on riding in anything I don't hav control of.

Understand, but society (government) might order you to do things for large good, whether you like it, or not. Arrogance of power is increasing, not diminishing.

Government won't tell me anything to do, I am not a sheeple. This whole ordeal I've gone through with my work injury and seeking compensation has made me dislike people in general and it will take me a long time to get trust in mankind again.

Changing rules - again?

Lewis had a problem, so we will change rules? I would like to ask Mr. Wolf what he was thinking, if at all, when he voted for rule changes first time when this subject came up? Surely he could have vetoed. According to media, sun in his face caused Lewis to brush the wall (obviously sun must have been on OFF switch for the other drivers, because Hamilton makes no mistakes). That was on Saturday. Sunday, one driver (should we say not smarter than his team-mate?) "lucked" into his solution, whereas the other one suffered, and it is merely coincidence, that it is the same driver who avoids (or as he said doesn't think much about) simulators, working through various race configurations. 

I love Mercedes Benz cars, but for sake of salvaging some dignity, whatever is left, I wish Stuttgart should shut down this outfit, and send drivers with its management somewhere else.

Sun was in his face, blah, Hamilton wears the most tinted visor out of all the drivers anyway, so what's he on about, proves how often he looks at the car and drivers hey? I'd rather a Japanese car over any European crap anyway, they make the best cars,bikes,electronics, you name it. Skyline or wrx all the way mate.

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

Sun was in his face, blah, Hamilton wears the most tinted visor out of all the drivers anyway, so what's he on about, proves how often he looks at the car and drivers hey? I'd rather a Japanese car over any European crap anyway, they make the best cars,bikes,electronics, you name it. Skyline or wrx all the way mate.

+ 100 on the Japanese cars and bikes !

I love nostalgic jap cars radical, all I own is Japanese cars, got a 98 r33 gtst,89 r31 and a 01 wrx, whats your favourite car radical?

13 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I'd rather a Japanese car...

That's interesting. I like Pilot Cavalier with 0.4 tip gel pen. I should add, I also buy Japonica Camellia soap in Japan, so, looks like we both have weakness for something good from Japan. What a coincidence, however, after years of driving all kind of cars here and there, I stick with BMW. It completes me, as the cliche goes. 

Hey, you find a good car, you stick with it, if the BMW is what you like to drive, that's all that matters sakae. What drives me mad is when people go "ohh it's just a car". Your friend gets a lump "ohh it's just cancer" same reaction different situation lol. To me, there's nothing like sitting door to door with someone then you hit boost and leave them for dead, the look is priceless "I almost had him" lmao.

22 hours ago, Sakae said:

Mr. Todt now responded, and I think quite resolutely. In essence his amounts to an advice, if you want to help and avoid next time Lewis-like scenarios, retool a car to a simpler system. That's a solution we all want. Teams all voted for, and approved reduced radio traffic, but obviously not too many have finished an impact analysis of that regulation, or if they did, then it was pretty sloppy job, because based on Hamilton't theatrics and laments after race, I would say that he was totally unprepared for this scenario. Alonso added voice of support to Hamilton, but he too is off the mark, methinks. Yes, space ship needs all the support they can get from the base, but the answer is then - do not built a space ship, and not go back having car controlled from the back of garage by bunch of engineering staff. The same with Ferrari; when bench called in, the driver said "are you sure?", which in polite terms meant - get lost, I am driving! Love it. I like these developments, puting drivers back into driver's seat, and more power to them. 

One thing will fix all issues and will end dominant runs by teams and that's allow unlimited testing. Allow the smaller teams to make ground, not continuously behind because the dominant updates aswell.

Small teams - a subject I've discussed endlessly with Ruslan, without actually achieving anything useful. To reiterate my thoughts on the subject in simplistic terms, which is, if you cannot afford competing in F1, then you shouldn't be there. The age of garagista is gone, and it is not coming back, just as, Tier 1 is not interested to compete against Tier 2 group, regardless of rhetoric by Mr. Wolff, how much they need small teams. Can anyone visualize Mr. Marchionne boasting in his annual speech to share holders, how Ferrari defeated Manor? What an accomplishment that is! I am aware of being out of the mainstream with my position on this topic, but the F1 is as big as it is precisely because of money manufacturers poured in, and I do not see any changes in that any time soon. There are many, maybe too many issues which should be solved, but standardization it is not one of those; restrictiveness however is. 

You make a point but without letting these smaller teams test and grow, how will they be able to get a shot of maybe running towards the front some day. If rules today were enforced 20 odd years ago, there's no way Jordan would've survived as long as they did and look at them, they went from a back marker team to eventually building a car capable of winning multiple gps in a season and being an outside shot for a drivers title. These new rules and budgets is what killed Jordan in the end and he had to sell. Back in the day 40 cars would try qualify, what's wrong with that? Least people are having ago and not intimidated being on the world stage. Notice how much more authentic the sport was back in the day before grubby bernie got ahold of the entire thing?