Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

F1 - Regulations, Business And Politics

They (TR) have habit bringing new names in, rather than adopt transplants. Now is time to do that, since RBR is relatively determined, at least for a while.

Yeah but normally I have an idea, heard a few names in the background but I've heard nothing this time and TR arnt a team a normal driver would just move to either are they?

Cotract really is not a contract if I say so..?

Can you do business with this man at all? There were individual negotiations between commercial rights holder and the teams. No one held gun pointed to anyone's head to sign on the dotted line, thus I would say until a new CA gets negotiated, deal is a deal!

Speaking to The Times, he said: “I told Toto [Wolff, Mercedes motorsport boss] not to think about banking any money yet.

This guy is slippery as an eel isn't he? He would have mob ties and everything old Don Eccelstone.

He's the man to run the whole lot IMO. We all know he has the sports integrity and authenticity at heart. Bernie is just as bad as Ballestre.

This also can be done with the return of refuelling and one of those wet days like spa 98. I don't see why people are beating around the bush when the only possibly way to implement another strategy or more excitement in race and I know most don't like it, is refuelling. Simple as that, then teams can pick fuel strategies but this can only work of the tyre regatuons are savegly weakened. I know people will say there was no refuelling in the senna/Prost mclaren days and the racing was awesome and I couldn't agree more. But back then they could test basically when ever they wanted and the tyre regulations were so laid back, along with laid back engine rules and engine usage, front running teams could run a specifically tuned in engine just for qualifying and switch engines over for the race. I guess the main ingredient to making the sport as appealing and exciting before is allow the teams to have that control once again.

Refueling might not be in the cards. In my recollection it was voted down just not too long ago. I guess some teams cannot afford to hire more people just to fill those jobs. Besides, reinstatement would unravel all that noise around fuel saving, just as cost-down push for running all races on two or three engines per season.

J. Noble reports: 

The FIA has promised teams that it will decide by early July about whether or not the Halo will be mandatory next year - with the matter likely to dominate a Technical Regulations Rules meeting next week.

More testing of Halo_2 concept...

Assuming the device is neutral with respect to driver's ability to have unobstructed view of his surroundings, I am still uncertain of benefits of such contraption. Surely it maybe able to block to some degree lose debris, but is it really worth the hype? Would be nice to read transcript of brainstorming pre-design session, how engineers really are perceiving problem they are trying to solve, and how then approached various solutions. Clearly canopy seems to be rejected on more grounds than technicality. Purity of open wheel racing was probably dominant point in those discussions.

I have encountered on several threads problem when trying to open old pages. I see that a page is loading, but that's as far as it gets.

Rumor has it, that Sauber has found investors. If so, I think it's fantastic. I am very pleased for them. 

FiA is then set to impose Halo 2 (or3?) for 2017 upon teams, yet Seb had reservations about its design due to device, in his view, is partially obstructing driver's visibility, and chances are, also RBR is ready to veto it on grounds, well, because they are RBR. This is going to be interesting. I wonder what's deadline for the rulling, because we are entering just about F1 summer break, and not much time left for new car design.   

Down  with that stup1d Halo. F1 should forget about that. They have other bigger issues to resolve than creating another problematic added device to that car.

This is a picture we should really do not see. Bradley wrote an interesting article on this subject. I would not relay on wisdom and fairness of stewards, and rather prefer something more self regulating, such as you go off, and rubber suffers as the first level of punishment, and if you go deeper, you might not come back, because you get stuck. Problem however is, what to do about those drivers, who are pushed off the track, and how to get them back into a race without too big losses. It seems very unfair to end their race just because of some else's bad driving.

f1-austrian-gp-2016-max-verstappen-red-b

Article...

J. Clear: Just to support Pat, his point on pushing people and people making that level of commitment. Big sports play very well off the bench these days – and that’s a big part of rugby, big part of football is what you do with your substitutes. We don’t have that luxury I’m afraid, and we’ve got a lot of guys out there who, during this five-week period who are really, really up against it to get enough sleep and, as you say, to find time to look after their families. It’s beyond the tipping point, as Pat says. I don’t think it’s necessarily not sensible, I don’t think we’re worried about the safety of it, we’re still very comfortable that we can put those cars out there safely for Seb and Kimi every week – but people are just very, very tired and we’re only halfway through that five week four race period.

Hungary 2016 - conference

This is exactly what I've predicted on a day when calendar was announced. Terrible, inept planning at the helm. Since there was no spare capacity as far as workload was concerned in well optimized environment, therefore new people would have to be hired just for this year to cover additional strain of 3 races over an above normal load that were added, never-mind training new contingent, or, as an alternative, those on payroll get exposed to potential Karōshi. The teams had to make that choice. Chances of human errors creeping in during second half of the season will exponentially grow, there is no doubt about it. Here I blame FiA and team's TP(s). They could, and should have said collectively NO to Ecclestone, but instead, greed prevailed. All that rhetoric about safety, for benefits of human kind of course, received really kick into a***e. 

Expl.  It was Dennis (and later confirmed by Wolff), that teams optimised their resources around 18 races on the season calendar. Since then travel schedule changed, as it become more global, and new races were added.

Bring back the gravel traps, yeah cars roll but you will soon learn to avoid them if that's the outcome most of the time.

FiA - “With the exception of the period between the start of the formation lap and the start of the race, there will be no limitations on messages teams send to their drivers either by radio or pit board.”

“This approach is aimed at providing improved content for fans and spectators, as teams will now be required to provide the Commercial Rights Holder with unrestricted access to their radio messages at all times that their cars are out of the garage.”

So, who will play judge (censor) what fans will be exposed or have access to? Live timing commentators, or there will be a separate portal with access to all comments?

Something has to pay for the ransom he forked out, no doubt f1 will feel the effects and suffer when his mother in law has nothing to do with it. Type of person bernie is.

That's it, you can go as far as you like just as long as the ENTIRE outside tyres don't go over the line. Whoever that is in the photo, that's just rediculous, that's of the circuit, back in the day it would've been grass or gravel or whatever, but these run offs don't penalise the driver for eras.