Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Keep It Simple Stupid

That's they simple way and the most exciting for spectators.

F1 shouldn't limit the fun for the FANS !

It's ridiculous, over the past 20 years we have lost a total of 3 sessions across the Grand Prix. We've lost a pre qualifying along with 1 practice session, a Sunday warm up and yet still pay

More for tickets than before. It's so sad IMO, that some corporations have to rip people off so much.

Less free TV and less qualy laps.

Resulting in more money for Bernie. I hope he catches a bad bug that will keep him in bed for a long time without actually dying immediately until he's 111

Most people do think that TV networks have a huge amount of cheap money laying around. I read recently this is not so, and revenues are on the decline (cannot vouch for accuracy), thus in broadcasting sports, they are very selective what they pick up, when, and how they present it. Times are changing, social media are everywhere but in F1. Race available on YouTube would be great in those moments when one is on the road.

It's ridiculous, over the past 20 years we have lost a total of 3 sessions across the Grand Prix. We've lost a pre qualifying along with 1 practice session, a Sunday warm up and yet still pay

More for tickets than before. It's so sad IMO, that some corporations have to rip people off so much.

I just checked the tickets for Suzuka and it's insanely expensive plus the availability of hotels are not great. I will pass this year as not looking forward to the lame turbo sound.

I missed the V8/V10 times in the late 90s and early 2000s when I never missed a GP even though it was also pricey then, was worth the 8-9 hrs drive from Tokyo.

Yeah but I also bet you were excited before you even got to the circuit back then, right? Now it's like "meh" as I feel I get this stagnant feeling from the sport now. Like it's dead and being left to survive on a respirator. Even sounds dead and the whole vibe isn't what it used to be, but that's my opinion. Hey radical, you race your car in Japan? Like on wangan or in the hills or anything?

Massive fan of the "yakuza" games also on PlayStation which has a lot of places in Tokyo to explore aswell as other Japanese cities.

The teams have united and sent a letter to Jean Todt and Bernie Ecclestone telling them they don't want aggregate qualifying, they want to revert to the 2015 version.

I can hardly believe they've all found something they agree on, that's a first for a start! The big question is, will it do them any good? I really hope so.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-teams-demand-return-to-2015-qualifying-format-685351/

This is going to be interesting, because in this power play, both, JT and BE declared - it will be anything but 2015 format. We insist on it.

The House of Blue Leaves battle to ensue...

Well would you believe it, Bernie and Jean Todt have backed down?!! We're reverting to the 2015 version of quali as of China once the decision has been ratified.

That is a dangerous thing in some ways, the teams now know if they work together they can force rule changes, what will they try to change next I wonder?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-set-to-revert-to-2015-qualifying-format-685408/

This might not be the End. If championship is decided soon enough, teams promised to try some qualy variants later on.

This is exactly what I was talking about before the season started. They always fvck around with things that don't need fixing and it creates more issues, well what do we have now? More issues and complaints than you can poke a stick at so f1 has this added to its list of things to fix now. How brain dead are these clowns? Memory of a gold fish.

They reverted to the old one for China. Now maybe I will watch the China GP.

Like we all say, Keep it simple stupid !!

People's voice heard ! grouplaugh.gif

Wasn't aggregate qualifying ditched to improve qualifying in the first place?

I think fast and consistent drivers would end up on the top regardless if it is one lap, or two. This was hollow, shortsighted idea, which is really not addressing root causes which are cropping up due to imposition of cost dowwn measures. With introduction of hybrids, transitional phase was badly mismanaged.

What do you expect when you clamp down harder on testing even when introducing a new engine format and expect them to be imeditaly on pace and reliability to boot or while suposidley cutting costs. Cutting costs is another scam Bernie has going. How can you be cutting cost for ten years? What no one has saved a penny in that time? If funds were shown where they were allocated then I think we can sort out the issue but when it's to go into bernie's pocket, we have no hope. If it was injected back into the sport I can't see an issue but where does the money go? Can't keep cutting costs if there's no more to cut? See what Iam getting at? Plus his over the top ticket prices, team fees, circuit fees, so there is defiantly an income coming in so where is this money going then?