Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Here We Go!!

Why not put a bloody roof on it and be done with it. What's next? Non projectile wipers? They go to this, I'll just start watching v8 Supercars more often, there will be no difference soon. You'll have hobos on the grid with a bottle of water and a squeegy.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/557001/Revealed_Red_Bulls_alternative_Halo_gets_support/

Yep, anti collision control, auto headlights and wipers, change radio station from the steering wheel and of course, a cup holder.

they won't use sun visors, to much added weight, they'll just tint them as black as night and spend billions of dollars creating a pitch black film that is still transparent on the drivers side, that's what will happen.

Why not leave it how it is and accept that this is a dangerous sport and you can't make it 100% safe without distroying the integrity of the sport.

Sensible improvements inherently are welcomed, however is this is done in response to Bianchi case, than I would say there is something missing, like common sense.

Course it is, same as all these rash changes after senna's and ratzenberger's death, never prevention always immediate action afterwards as they don't want anymore lawsuits, could you imagine the response to the proposal of the halo before bianchi was killed, people would going nuts, can you see the two patterns but? Besides the obvious ones I mentioned? With bianchi IMO, nothing could've been done, ohh yeah they could've, been more efficiently with the course marshalling and flags so instead of improving that especially at that particular circuit, they make halos. With senna and ratzenberger, because they both went of on fast corners, it's cornering speeds that now have to suffer. See what iam getting at? It's never the governing bodies fault, it's always someone else's and someone else has to cop the wraith of there "over night" ideas. If the sport must become safer, it has to be track safety and I beleive its at its best at this time so the conclusion has to be made that this is just formula one and it was just one of those things. They had a pretty good run without fatalities but all three fatal accidents couldn't have been avoided no matter what IMO.

Sensible improvements inherently are welcomed, however is this is done in response to Bianchi case, than I would say there is something missing, like common sense.

True

Why not leave it how it is and accept that this is a dangerous sport and you can't make it 100% safe without distroying the integrity of the sport.

Or scrap F1 altogether and we all swtich to DTM and GT and MotoGP !!!

MotoGP is far more dangerous but you don't see any radical bs changes there that change its appearance from a bike to something totally different. Look at the fatalities in that, Marco Simoncelli, because his helmet came of, you don't see them using cable ties or some other tie down device to literally weld the helmet to the head. You don't see them add training wheels after Dajiro Kato's fatal tyre failure in Suzuka a few years back. MotoGP and it's fans have accepted the safety of the sport as a whole, yeah f1 fans,MotoGP fans don't want to ever see fatalities but to change the sport in a sense that it's not what it was originally that lured you there to begin with, then why even have it at all?

MotoGP is far more dangerous but you don't see any radical bs changes there that change its appearance from a bike to something totally different. Look at the fatalities in that, Marco Simoncelli, because his helmet came of, you don't see them using cable ties or some other tie down device to literally weld the helmet to the head. You don't see them add training wheels after Dajiro Kato's fatal tyre failure in Suzuka a few years back. MotoGP and it's fans have accepted the safety of the sport as a whole, yeah f1 fans,MotoGP fans don't want to ever see fatalities but to change the sport in a sense that it's not what it was originally that lured you there to begin with, then why even have it at all?

Totally correct. Couldn't agree more. I am gradually switching to MOTOGP. F1 has too many BS rules, Diva drivers, Swindler owners.

I've always watched MotoGP and I honestly don't how it doesn't have more of a following. You're always guaranteed on your edge of seat racing all the way through the entire field. I think a lot it comes down to MotoGP allowing the rider to choose different compounds from front to rear. If f1 did this it would slice it up abit. MotoGP they can run a soft front and hard rear or whatever suits them.

do Motogp have pit to rider radio ?

Nope, just the old pit board so you have to be good at reading from a distance at over 300kph. In f1 they also have pit boards but if a driver doesn't see it correctly, atleast he can come on the radio and say "what did the board say", MotoGP, you don't read the board, you don't know what's going on, no mirrors either so they have to turn there head around to have a quick glance how far the guy is behind and if your under attack, you have to have a quick look back every corner so you can cover your line. It's a heck a lot more dangerous than people realise. In MotoGP the races arnt as long as f1 but they still go through tyres the same, riders picking times to put the hammer down could prove to be a major factor towards the end of a race and that's what makes Rossi so so good, he seems to have a natural feel on when to push and when to conserve and his lines are so accurate.

Problem is, that current machinery was made to be wall-dependent for proper functioning. I am suspicious if you remove engineering support altogether, we will see some unusual incidents on the track, and sooner or later a driver will have his dashboard and steering wheel resembling a space shuttle as substitute for radio calls.

Problem is, that current machinery was made to be wall-dependent for proper functioning. I am suspicious if you remove engineering support altogether, we will see some unusual incidents on the track, and sooner or later a driver will have his dashboard and steering wheel resembling a space shuttle as substitute for radio calls.

Good point