Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Rbr

Official F1 conducted an interview with Dr. Marko. I thought that his response will evolve into further discussion, this deserves its own thread.

Q: So what has to happen for Red Bull to remain a permanent player in F1 racing?

HM: The Concorde Agreement goes until 2020. But to stay that long we must have a competitive engine in the very near future.

______

Sakae: Dr. Marko, at what date we (fans) will be informed that RBR (and TR) are leaving F1?

Is it just me, or this Verstappen guy is growing into prima-donna very quickly for his own good. His post race (published) theatrics against the team, and against his teammate are really up there with arrogance of other one or two individuals on current grid.

Well he is fast and he knows it and therefore thinks he has the power. He hadn't even done a full lap behind Sainz before getting on the radio. Then made a stupid immature attempt on the second last corner to try pass Sainz, lucky both didn't spin out.

They've been like that since 2009 mate, it's just the power deficit to the others was to much but it looks like it's closed a bit this season.

On driver's income, and article posted in GP247 states that DR collects USD 4MM in 2016, whereas DK USD 0.85MM. Considering what we see on the track, that difference seems very much distorted as hard to understand the bias towards DR.

Yeah well Ricciardo was only on 600k when Vettel was on 17 mill in 2014. If Ricciardo costs 4 mill, best value out there then don't you think?

Yeah well Ricciardo was only on 600k when Vettel was on 17 mill in 2014. If Ricciardo costs 4 mill, best value out there then don't you think?

I am guessing, but I think Vettel's income had something to do with a cabinet full of trophies. To clarify, I am not really thinking whether DR is high or low, but DK in his second year and known entity, appears to be disproportionally low in comparison to DR.

I am guessing, but I think Vettel's income had something to do with a cabinet full of trophies. To clarify, I am not really thinking whether DR is high or low, but DK in his second year and known entity, appears to be disproportionally low in comparison to DR.

lol correct

Not really because you look back at say 2011-12 already a double or three time champion and alonso,button,Hamilton, all these top drivers earned double what Vettel did. Vettel was in the single figure millions as well while the others were like 15,25,30, Vettel was like 6 or 7, webber was at 2.5 I think in 2013 I beleive Seb was on like 14 and webber was on 7 as most of these drivers contracts get larger towards the end of there deal, it's like the bait in the beginning to get them to sign "ok we'll give you this much for two years but stay and do 3 and we will double the last year".

Does anyone know how many languages Max V. speaks? I heard him speak, of course, English, fluent German talking to reporters, if I am not mistaken also French, Flemish, and Dutch. Wow. How many languages Hamilton speaks?

Both teams, RBR, and TR are under investigation by FiA, that being prompted by Dennis. The issue is potential "cheating" by virtue of racing below min mandated tire pressure. So, business as usual. One team does something, or so is perceived, another team complains, and life goes on.

And how would dennis know this? Did he do some under the table deal with Pirelli to find out? Mercedes tyre pressure issues came and went pretty quick didn't they?

For the technical know-how ppl on here, Sauber is getting an upgrade to their Ferrari engine. Are they also using last year's engine and are they allowed to upgrade engines of last year. The reason why I'm asking hope TorroRosso gets the same, I want Kvyat to have the opportunity to kick some a##!

Toro rosso are not getting the new updated engine from ferrari. Through out the season toro rosso is agreed to get only 2015 ferrari engine. Only haas and sauber are getting the latest upgrades from ferrari.

Yes, my error to mention that. It was actually revealed as soon as the contract was signed. (I thought that was common knowledge).

damn...bad news

On a positive side, with that equipment, should he do very, very well, he might be watched by other teams (such as Renault, perhaps). With respect to current management, I have my doubts that relationship can be repaired. Money on the table might, but otherwise, I doubt it.