Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Australian Gp

P1 is just starting and it's windy and wet, most drivers just putting around,doing one lap and straight back in.

The rake on the redbulls is rediculous its like the old style hot rods, got mark webber doing the commentary alongside Alan jones. Mark said the raised rear rake allows the front wing to sit lower to the ground and get around then front wing height rule.

Well after a rain and wind affected session, Lewis tops with both redbulls in second and third. Still do we know anything yet? Big fat NO, it would rain,then stop and just as they have enough time to do an outlap on slicks, it would rain again and everyone has to tip toe back on slicks. hopefully the session this afternoon will allow the boys to really go at it. Ricciardo also beached his car right at the of the session as the rain came down.

Practice 2 starts and it's miserable, looks like we will be lucky to see any cars go out 15 minutes in and no one has gone out.

Yep one hd spiral and I think it's on ten tomorrow.

What a dismal day, waited months to see the new "pecking order" and with the exception of Mercedes, we still have no idea where everyone else is. Talk about a tease, they reckon better weather tomorrow, can only hope so. The v8 Supercars have just started and I hope the big boys of f1 are watching 5 cars all nose to tail at the front fighting for 1st.

In both, FP1 and 2 drivers logging times under varying wet-dry track conditions, I am therefore not sure we know more today than we (thought) knew yesterday, and I am not leaving Mercedes out. Hamilton had good timing, and made his time in best conditions of the day.

Due to ambient conditions of today, I think they should postpone qualification to Sunday morning, and install a substitute one FP on Saturday.

Kimi's fans are salivating over him defeating Seb this year. Well, we will see, but Kimi loves his car, so, no excuses on that account.

Kimi's fans are salivating over him defeating Seb this year. Well, we will see, but Kimi loves his car, so, no excuses on that account.

For my sake I hope he does well, I don't think I can hear anymore excuses after I did last season as there getting quite rediculous. With a few top names out of contract at the end of the season, he has a lot to do to keep the seat.

if proof was needed that everyone in the paddock (with the exception of Marc Surer) was right there you go, over 8 tenth of a second errrrrr.gif and it's going to be another season like last year byebye.gif

However, it seems that after a few months we are back again where we left:

- Hamilton is ahead

- Toto wants Rosberg out of his way making room for Bottas (no one else wants Bottas and Toto has spent a lot of money on him)

- Kimi is slower than Vettel no matter how suited to him the car is

- Massa is quicker than Bottas no matter how much Mercedes is pushing for Bottas

- the Toro Rosso, and both their drivers, are faster than the Red Bulls (well, this is a surprise in effect)

- Perez is a quicker (and IMHO, overall better) driver than Hulenberg (for the ones that don't know me from gp.com, I think that Hulkenberg is a very good driver, this is not intended to be as a criticism on Hulkenberg but as a praise for Perez)

- the McLarens, albeit still significantly down on power, are not too shabby

surprises of the day:

- Palmer being quicker than Magnussen (or should I say Magnussen being slower than Palmer? )

- Wehrlein (who I think has a lot of potential) being slower than Haryanto (who I think can only give having very deep pockets as a reason for being there)

Ferrari could have better race-pace, however qualification is something else.

I honestly think they still to unlock more speed....more qualifying speed....i think it will get better

if proof was needed that everyone in the paddock (with the exception of Marc Surer) was right there you go, over 8 tenth of a second errrrrr.gif and it's going to be another season like last year byebye.gif

- Hamilton is ahead

- Toto wants Rosberg out of his way making room for Bottas (no one else wants Bottas and Toto has spent a lot of money on him)

- Massa is quicker than Bottas no matter how much Mercedes is pushing for Bottas

- the Toro Rosso, and both their drivers, are faster than the Red Bulls (well, this is a surprise in effect)

- Perez is a quicker (and IMHO, overall better) driver than Hulenberg (for the ones that don't know me from gp.com, I think that Hulkenberg is a very good driver, this is not intended to be as a criticism on Hulkenberg but as a praise for Perez)

surprises of the day:

- Palmer being quicker than Magnussen (or should I say Magnussen being slower than Palmer? )

- Wehrlein (who I think has a lot of potential) being slower than Haryanto (who I think can only give having very deep pockets as a reason for being there)

In qualifying yes, I think he is closer in race pace

0,8 seconds...the dream is gone.... don't need to tune in this year

I have feeling that this result is rather anomaly, and not really representative of Ferrari's capabilities. Someone claimed that Ferrari run out of tires (allegedly).

You know, I still don't think Mercedes is actually that much faster, with the new stupid qualifying rules, drivers were getting in the way, it affected Vettel and Raikkonen and being in the dirty chews the tyres so there fixed to use another set, Hamilton just timed the run perfectly. Call me pessimistic but I honestly don't beleive that gap is real.

You know, I still don't think Mercedes is actually that much faster, with the new stupid qualifying rules, drivers were getting in the way, it affected Vettel and Raikkonen and being in the dirty chews the tyres so there fixed to use another set, Hamilton just timed the run perfectly. Call me pessimistic but I honestly don't beleive that gap is real.

I'de like to believe you...lets see how the race goes

- Hamilton is ahead

surprises of the day:

Pretty good assessment as usual, but I have feeling that new qualification format managed to influence results that are really not representative of individual capabilities, thus it's too early for being despondent.