Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Australian Gp

yeah he's achieved what he could (and supposedly should) these last two years.. with a better start he (probably) would have won in oz pretty easily given his recovery and pace in relation to rosberg. if you were mercedes would you resign rosberg at the end of this year? he's not done badly really to warrant replacing and has near enough always been there to pick up the pieces if not doing it himself outright.. ive heard talk of verstappen but although the kid is undoubtedly quick and talented he strikes me as needing to mature a little bit (given his childish outbursts on the radio) although having said that i suppose that'll come with age as he's only still a kid really..

yeah, you summed it up perfectly in my view...he seems abit spoilt too

why is there so much hamilton hate? i just dont get it.. ok you might not like the bloke but blimey every other comment on here is some b!tching and whining about him! give it a rest already

G'day bro and welcome, I loathe Hamilton for one reason and one reason only. His attitude, even in the press conference in Australia on Thursday, he's on his phone while other drivers are talking, did the same in post qualifying interviews and when they finished, he jumped out of his seat and was gone like "thank god that's over". Past issues with local law enforcement and then plays the victim game, his whole attitude and body language stinks. But as a driver, and just as a driver, he is bloody fast.

"Rosberg pits at the end of laps 12, the German switching to softs. Somehow, he rejoins just ahead of Hulkenberg in 5th. Replay shows the Mercedes driver almost knocking over one of his crew in his eagerness to get out."

www.pitpass.com

So to illustrate my point, Rosberg still has to pit again! Vettel is on ultrasofts and PULLING AWAY! He also has to pit again, probably with a 10+ sec gap on softs to the end of the race....what do you guys NOT GET??? Hamilton switches to mediums but he's stuck behind OTHER drivers. Vettel easily has a pitstop in hand so will emerge ahead of Hamilton too

Ferrari threw this race away, I had this sickening feeling after the red flag when I saw what tyres Vettel was on

Brad, rosberg only stopped once and stopped for mediums, the fact rosberg was just as quick as Vettel on mediums while Vettel was on softs and stopping ONCE, got the win. Seb even said Ferrari got caught out on strategy as they didn't even expect Mercedes to stop once.

I hear what you're saying but i dunno.. whatever he does in his personal life is what he wants to do.. what i mean is a happy hamilton (or any driver) is a fast driver.. becoming a hermit/robot might work for some but maybe not for others. In the race, sure he got a bad start and some big slices of luck to rescue a podium but he's been easily the fastest through the weekend and still only finished 10 seconds behind rosberg.. each to their own i'd say in terms of personal life i'd say..

Yeah but does he have to post everything he does? "Iam doing a crap, now iam wiping, now iam pulling up my pants". He posts so consistently and the latest run in with the law in NZ taking a selfie while riding a motorcycle is highly illegal there and in Australia and its this disreguard and the attitude the world owes him a favour is what ticks me of. He would've known the law as he would have to know the laws of every country he rides/drives in, but he's saying "I don't care if I get fined, I've got plenty of money and if I have to go to court, someone can go for me"

"Rosberg pits at the end of laps 12, the German switching to softs. Somehow, he rejoins just ahead of Hulkenberg in 5th. Replay shows the Mercedes driver almost knocking over one of his crew in his eagerness to get out."

www.pitpass.com

So to illustrate my point, Rosberg still has to pit again! Vettel is on ultrasofts and PULLING AWAY! He also has to pit again, probably with a 10+ sec gap on softs to the end of the race....what do you guys NOT GET??? Hamilton switches to mediums but he's stuck behind OTHER drivers. Vettel easily has a pitstop in hand so will emerge ahead of Hamilton too

Ferrari threw this race away, I had this sickening feeling after the red flag when I saw what tyres Vettel was on

Yeah I had the same feeling. I knew the red flag was going to help the Mercs in a big way.

Vettel still had time to do a pitstop after the red flag and be ahead of Hamilton by a nice margin. If they had done that, I'm sure he would also have come out ahead of Nico.

A shame really. They had the pace, and the start was phenominal. It would have been great for Ferrari to get the win, F1 fans too. Because for a race or two we could dream this year might end differently than the last 2.

Just had a real close look at Alonso's car and strange but it appears the only part of that car that can be used again are the MIRRORS ?????

Yeah I had the same feeling. I knew the red flag was going to help the Mercs in a big way.

Vettel still had time to do a pitstop after the red flag and be ahead of Hamilton by a nice margin. If they had done that, I'm sure he would also have come out ahead of Nico.

A shame really. They had the pace, and the start was phenominal. It would have been great for Ferrari to get the win, F1 fans too. Because for a race or two we could dream this year might end differently than the last 2.

rosberg caught Vettel when Vettel had to stop so he lost a whole pitstop, that's what won the race, red flag or not, Mercedes were just faster when needed to be and outsmarted Ferrari. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing both those Ferrari's jump the mercs at the start and the early pace from Vettel looked very promising. Good news for you Kimi fans though, he looks fast enough to win a few races this year.

Brad, rosberg only stopped once and stopped for mediums, the fact rosberg was just as quick as Vettel on mediums while Vettel was on softs and stopping ONCE, got the win. Seb even said Ferrari got caught out on strategy as they didn't even expect Mercedes to stop once.

Bud.... Please... Rosberg put on Soft tyres before the red flag! Then switched strategy to mediums after! And Vettel was on Supersoft not softs. It was the same set he was on before the red flag. Rosberg reeled Vettel in on mediums because the tyre life of the supersoft had gone! Vettel's last stop was for softs

My mistake yeah rosberg stopped for softs but when the race resumed after the red flag Hamilton and rosberg start on the mediums while Vettel stayed on the softs and forced Vettel to stop again but Mercedes didn't have to. It was a tactical flaw by Ferrari, they could've restarted with mediums as well but they didn't, that was the race. Let's say we didn't have the red flag, Mercedes yes would've stopped again but they would've switched to the medium anyway and Ferrari would've still gone softs as Vettel has admitted they were caught out on tyre strategy. So in conclusion, rosberg would've won anyway, if Ferrari didn't fvck up, then it might have been different. Vettel was defiantly fast enough to win but it was Ferrari who stuffed up on tyre strategy. Just look what happened at the end when Vettel was trying to catch Lewis, he only had the smallest window on the Mercedes and once that was gone, Lewis who was on 35+ lap mediums was still faster. Iam not trying argue or start a fight mate but this is what happened.

Voting is in, and Grosjean won Man of The Race (after Haryanto was demoted from the first place to second due to alledged voting irregularities).

Vettel was third.

My mistake yeah rosberg stopped for softs but when the race resumed after the red flag Hamilton and rosberg start on the mediums while Vettel stayed on the softs and forced Vettel to stop again but Mercedes didn't have to. It was a tactical flaw by Ferrari, they could've restarted with mediums as well but they didn't, that was the race. Let's say we didn't have the red flag, Mercedes yes would've stopped again but they would've switched to the medium anyway and Ferrari would've still gone softs as Vettel has admitted they were caught out on tyre strategy. So in conclusion, rosberg would've won anyway, if Ferrari didn't fvck up, then it might have been different. Vettel was defiantly fast enough to win but it was Ferrari who stuffed up on tyre strategy. Just look what happened at the end when Vettel was trying to catch Lewis, he only had the smallest window on the Mercedes and once that was gone, Lewis who was on 35+ lap mediums was still faster. Iam not trying argue or start a fight mate but this is what happened.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHdam.giffrusty.gif

Voting is in, and Grosjean won Man of The Race (after Haryanto was demoted from the first place to second due to alledged voting irregularities).

Vettel was third.

Between Vettel and Grosjean to me...

Haryanto, what on earth did he do?

P6 for Gro was probably an outcome after some DNF (KR for example), but, good stuff! According to some British websites, based on their ratings, Vettel must be perennial underachiever... (and people are surprised why we have wars with this kind of attitude).

Between Vettel and Grosjean to me...

Haryanto, what on earth did he do?

Yeah I saw that to lol, Indonesian goverent paying for votes to now lol.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHdam.giffrusty.gif

Lol now you know how I always feel lol.