Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Thoughts On New Qualy

If FiA aimed to anger a lot of people with this new format, than I guess they succeeded quite well.

as Martin Brundle said, How will this work at say SPA where it's almost a 2 minute lap????

And today we saw the last 4 minutes of Q3 with only the mercs on the track ........ BRILLIANT F1 ............How to F*&*&( K something completely that was only partially F(*&^$^&D

Why could Merc? They just doing a better job

True, something is odd, but I am not sure what exactly happened. In pitlane exit, Ferrari is seen in line up far back. Why they were released so late I do not know, but one commentator said, both Ferraris were held back by traffic.

I should add - after reading what Button said, there was problem in pitlane, as some care wanted quick stop for tires, others were pushed into garage, and this generated delays. I wonder if FiA tought of that.

True, something is odd, but I am not sure what exactly happened. In pitlane exit, Ferrari is seen in line up far back. Why they were released so late I do not know, but one commentator said, both Ferraris were held back by traffic.

Maybe Kimi, but Vettel was 2nd behind Rosberg for his fastest lap?

Surprised by redbulls pace though, they looked faster in practice 3

Race is actually tomorrow, and to be fair, Ferrari predicted that Mercedes will be quicker in qualifying, so they got at least that part of forecast right. In terms of top speed, Ferrari placed only somewhere in the middle. I am still lacking understanding why with 4 min to go, both Ferrari cars park it.

Ed. Now I am reading that Seb revealed, Ferrari decided to save tires for tomorrow race.

Race is actually tomorrow, and to be fair, Ferrari predicted that Mercedes will be quicker in qualifying, so they got at least that part of forecast right. In terms of top speed, Ferrari placed only somewhere in the middle. I am still lacking understanding why with 4 min to go, both Ferrari cars park it.

Ed. Now I am reading that Seb revealed, Ferrari decided to save tires for tomorrow race.

Basically everyone chewed through there tyres except Mercedes. look at Ricciardo, he had to go through two sets of ss just to get the q3, most were the same and both mercs only used one, how can you beat that?

I loved it.

Just kidding, it was horrible. So bad in fact that I probably won't record quali anymore until they change it back. It'll save DVR space, which will make my record-a-holic wife happy.

Wasn't great was it? Not surprised about the Merc front row lockout though.. Had a feeling they were sandbagging all winter.. Interesting to see race pace tomorrow but best of all I'm happy the season has started again!

I think if everyone understood a bit better even the teams, it wouldn't have been to bad I think in q1 a lot got caught out with not being able to finish there current lap if the time runs out as previously you could. Bahrain next, the first snore fest of the season, what is the stagnant vibe all of tilke's circuits bring? Or is it just me?

I don't even care what the format is. Qualifying and the races will not be entertaining so long as there is no parity. Look at the starting lineup: 7 of 10 teams are immediately next to each other. An 8th, Toro Rosso, is split by just one car.

Whatever format you use, that's a formula for some boring, boring sessions.

Seb: we are little more behind than we thought...hmmm, that's no good. Can you overcome, that's a question now?

- catch

- get ahead

- stay ahead

- make sure you are ready for 2017

...looks like busy times are ahead.

Not what I heard, he said he thinks he has what it takes to fight with merc In the race.

It was dire. I only got highlights of it *sighs* but it was so awful I turned it off. Twitter was full of people saying how crap the new quali was, even Bernie has said so. Me thinks they'll be looking at changing it again very soon ;)