Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

F1 Today Is Boring, Dull And Uninteresting

F1 today :

- Eraser type compound tires that ran out of grip and melts when pushed

- Silly turbo engine that is quieter than an old man's fart

- Stupid qualy rules

- Lame fake overtaking DRS (whoever invented this should be hanged)

- Ugly Halo coming soon

- D@mbass Team orders

- Unending rules and regs changes that continuously makes the car slower and duller

- And many other fagity rules and electronic assistance that makes F1 drivers lose their balls and become babies.

When will F1 turn around to be what it was before - Real pinnacle of motorsports ?

WHEN and IF they take a look at MOTOGP.................... that is just plain simple top of the tree racing.

WHEN and IF they take a look at MOTOGP.................... that is just plain simple top of the tree racing.

Yep without a doubt, totally agree. The low sounding engines also make the sport as whole feel stagnant if you know what I mean?

MotoGP rules.

Can you believe that in Japan, first time this year from I don't know how long, the F1 broadcast is only in Skyperfect channel / Satellite. Not shown in normal tv like it used to be.

It shows that since last year, the F1 popularity declined dramatically.

F1 in Japan is finished. nobody even bothers talking about it any longer !!

In my view Japan, as other countries, is a victim of sport governance, not a perpetrator. I would not blame customer, if he or she doesn't like my product.

In my view Japan, as other countries, is a victim of sport governance, not a perpetrator. I would not blame customer, if he or she doesn't like my product.

You got to go underground In Japan to find real racing. Touge,Kaido,battling the wangan, drifting, time attack,you name it.

I am not sure if we are misjudging new age. Not everyone knows who Schumacher was, never mind Prost, and when life is presented to them as headline news, why we would expect such minds to watch 2+ hours race? The owners of F1 could do better job teaching newcomers what F1 is all about. I do not know why Ecclestone thinks that showing once a year at some God forbidden place as fly by night visitor is enough to keep people interested, when bulk of them most likely have only very superficial understanding nuances of the race, thus their viewing experience is pretty much robbed of proper understanding of what they see on TV screen, which goes beyond paint job on the car. I would not mind spend several hours (bulk of my racing-afternoon) on it, but then, I am not young anymore, and not everyone is as crazy as I am. Times are changing, and my love for seeing Senna, Prost and Schumacher having go at it, is my "problem" only. The youngsters have different taste what is or isn't interesting. That's life charging forward, and we better accept, that F1 might come to then end of its life cycle. Nothing is for ever.

No here in Australia people don't know who they are either. It's football or cricket, anything else is like a forbidden fruit.

yep a real shame. They only show soccer, baseball, figure skating and other sports but F1, no more...

To be fair, I am boring, dull, and uninteresting these days, too.

You're too hard on yourself.

F1 is a dying sport partly because of points I mentioned above. I for one still crave for purer racing.

Yep anf f1 has no one to blame but itself and its stand over nazi regime.

For my two cents F1 struggles with close racing first and foremost. Tyres/DRS/qualifying format etc it all boils down to a lack of on track action which boils down to too much aero on the cars (both requirement ala front wing & turbulence produced over the whole car).

Scrub the downforce, beef up the tires a bit, lower the costs. Shouldn't be hard but they keep finding ways...

Just as a superficial thought - it seems to me that racing (usually among 2 or 3 guys) used to contain more tension around track when there weren't CFD and similar inventions, and front wing was built from couple of planks instead of 212 from Lord knows what...

I think the regulations are so restrictive now in terms of innovation.. everything on the grid looks (more or less) the same! The designers should be given more design freedom imo and the engineers should be told something like: you have an engine budget of say 10m.. go out and design an engine that will output no more than 20,000 revs. whatever configuration you like. make it happen. Creative innovation is crucial to the sport I believe..

Certainly one could make a case, that top 20% of cost down measures actually increased operating cost through rise of alternative methods, while this process ended up as show of dull pieces of circulating billboards with high cost of admission for fans. On 60 min of TV broadcast one gets 35 min of adds, and some more adds after that as camera shows track. How's that for racing enjoyment?

...and they are surprised that fans are leaving?

It's a big scam bernie has going, I've said it a million times before. If they were cutting costs and injecting back into the sport like they should, then why do they need to keep cutting costs? It's common sense, bernie has his finger in the pie.

I used to go at least 3 of them for quite a while in many years back, but with advent of quality TV equipment, I got lazy, nevermind that I saw more on TV than at the track. But, I maintain, everyone should go at least once.

I used to go at least 3 of them for quite a while in many years back, but with advent of quality TV equipment, I got lazy, nevermind that I saw more on TV than at the track. But, I maintain, everyone should go at least once.

Yeah I was on the start/finish at Melbourne. Couldnt see a thing, they went past too fast.