Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Jos Defends Max.

I found this story quite ironic.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/558244/Father_defends_Verstappen8217s_Melbourne_tantrum/

Bet he wouldn't think the same if they asked him to move aside for Schumacher back in the day, ohh yea that's right, he wasn't fast enough to keep up with Schumacher to begin with. Classic case of living a dream through your child.

Max is his son. I would not expect farther scolding him in public, however I do hope he had quiet and very private discussion with him later on.

Why not? this proves jos even still seems him as a child.

Who here is honestly suprised with Max's behaviour. I hope he doesn't get into any crashes, because he's exhitibing the everyone else is to blame idealogy that has served Massa so well over the years.

Once you get on slippery slope, there is no stopping, and it wont get any better later in life. I would call him in my office after he was quoted that he doesn't care about team's orders, and ask him to clarify that remark first, and then I would tell him - one more outburst like that, and you are out of here, and it doesn't matter which year it is, which month, what hour, or what weather is outside. Now, get out of my office.

Who here is honestly suprised with Max's behaviour. I hope he doesn't get into any crashes, because he's exhitibing the everyone else is to blame idealogy that has served Massa so well over the years.

Yep totally agree

@sakae

I agree with this too, slap him around a bit and say "yeah your attitude stinks mate and you ain't top sh17". How can you even say that when the team gave him his big break? Spoilt little turd. To say it won't be an issue in the future as he will be miles ahead of sainz anyway, I hope sainz wallops him this season and sainz comes across as a true professional by saying it doesn't bother him. That's the difference when your father is successful in his career and not looking for a cheap shot like verstappens father, probably still dirty over wasting his career or should I say dirty he wasn't fast enough.

Yep totally agree

@sakae

I agree with this too, slap him around a bit and say "yeah your attitude stinks mate and you ain't top sh17". How can you even say that when the team gave him his big break? Spoilt little turd. To say it won't be an issue in the future as he will be miles ahead of sainz anyway, I hope sainz wallops him this season and sainz comes across as a true professional by saying it doesn't bother him. That's the difference when your father is successful in his career and not looking for a cheap shot like verstappens father, probably still dirty over wasting his career or should I say dirty he wasn't fast enough.

Well, he might need attitute adjustment, not total destruction. If they let him be however, I think they will get a driver who is above his team, and that might not be good on long term. What I personnaly do not like (and I hated Kubica for that), that a team gives you a chance to get crazy rich, while working 2 hrs on some Sundays, and some drivers rather than being grateful for that, even if a team makes mistake, they behave like they own the team or are much smarter than anyone else, and that's no good. Kubica also critiqued BMW, and TP appologized instead slapping him around and kicking his a**, yet there was no respect from the driver at all (nor his fans for that matter).

Drivers like Max don't last long though. Everyone's favourtite gimp, Maldonado was a c#cky Sh#t when he first came in. Even crashing into Hamilton on purpose. He kind of mellowed out a little, but he was tainted for good.

The good thing is I can guarantee you Max will NOT goto Ferrari with an attitude like this, and why should he? He has to earn it first and Ferrari do not sure young rookies. And I can't see Arrivabene wanting to deal with Max or his father or his little tantrums and Sh#t either. Sainz must be getting alot of support of late, he sure has mine :). Which is actually kinda of interesting. He's the son of a rally champion and he's done better than other sons of famous racers, like PQ Jr, Senna's nephew and others. He seems like a nice guy, put his head down work hard and be grateful.

With Max, I get the feeling he want's a private jet already and is itching to be pimping like Hamilton. Because he surely isn't modelling his attitude after respectable drivers is he.

Drivers like Max don't last long though. Everyone's favourtite gimp, Maldonado was a c#cky Sh#t when he first came in. Even crashing into Hamilton on purpose. He kind of mellowed out a little, but he was tainted for good.

The good thing is I can guarantee you Max will NOT goto Ferrari with an attitude like this, and why should he? He has to earn it first and Ferrari do not sure young rookies. And I can't see Arrivabene wanting to deal with Max or his father or his little tantrums and Sh#t either. Sainz must be getting alot of support of late, he sure has mine smile.png. Which is actually kinda of interesting. He's the son of a rally champion and he's done better than other sons of famous racers, like PQ Jr, Senna's nephew and others. He seems like a nice guy, put his head down work hard and be grateful.

With Max, I get the feeling he want's a private jet already and is itching to be pimping like Hamilton. Because he surely isn't modelling his attitude after respectable drivers is he.

He is actually on the record saying that (behavioral) model he wants to emulate is Vettel, not Hamilton and alike. Unfortunately in the last race his age took better of him.

The good thing is I can guarantee you Max will NOT goto Ferrari with an attitude like this, and why should he? He has to earn it first and Ferrari do not sure young rookies. And I can't see Arrivabene wanting to deal with Max or his father or his little tantrums and Sh#t either. Sainz must be getting alot of support of late, he sure has mine :). Which is actually kinda of interesting. He's the son of a rally champion and he's done better than other sons of famous racers, like PQ Jr, Senna's nephew and others. He seems like a nice guy, put his head down work hard and be grateful.

Yep I agree mate

He is actually on the record saying that (behavioral) model he wants to emulate is Vettel, not Hamilton and alike. Unfortunately in the last race his age took better of him.

Yeah that seems to be working wonders for him. There's no way he's actually practicing what he preaches because Vettel NEVER carried on this like this. In fact Vettel was a nerdy kid with a big smile like Ricci. Winning in a STR, was Epic. Max has so much to learn and attitude is higher on the list that tyre strategies. By then it might be too late if he ends up being spit out the rear of the STR career killer machine.

Yeah that seems to be working wonders for him. There's no way he's actually practicing what he preaches because Vettel NEVER carried on this like this. In fact Vettel was a nerdy kid with a big smile like Ricci. Winning in a STR, was Epic. Max has so much to learn and attitude is higher on the list that tyre strategies. By then it might be too late if he ends up being spit out the rear of the STR career killer machine.

+1

Let's be honest here, Max can drive and I don't think he will go without a seat anywhere, he shows race craft well beyond his years and experience but the attitude surely has to change if he wants to land a top drive, otherwise it's just going to be to difficult to work with him. This is where we need ayrton back, he would personally pull max aside and have a few words I think. Ayrton knew you need class as well as speed.

Ross Brawn for 3 years as a boss, and job is done, and done well IMHO.

Wtf?

Maybe I should have been more clear - RB as someone developing young driver into a decent rep.