Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Bahrain

3176.jpg

Maybe six drivers have realistic chance to get on pole and win this race, and I am including Kimi, of course. I could be mistaken, but somewhat acid test for Ferrari. Should they loose again, air might become dense for them. P2 or P1 would be OK, whereas P3 - hard to swallow.

Kimi always goes well at Bahrain so he is in the mix for sure but Ricciardo also said this track will suit redbull better than Melbourne as the Pu improvement is noticeable compared to this time last year.

Renault progressed, hence my prediction - 6 drivers have realistic chance.

Renault progression really took me by suprise, although the RBR car did show some speed in testing. But then Force India also did. If RBR had a Merc or Ferrari engine they would be walking the park I feel, their earo is the best out there

Yeah, Ferrari, Mercedes, RBR/TR might just do it. I am not sure who is who as yet, but I feel rest of them aren't capable. Ferrari has lost two guys, but I am hoping it is only temp seatback. (Massimo Rivola, Allison). J. Clear is on steep learning curve, he might not be yet where Massimo was. Allison is probably on leave of absence for a month or so.

It's boring as, even on games it's boring, so stagnant.

GPToday - Alonso after crash

The 34-year-old hinted over Easter that it has been a tough few days since Melbourne, as he issued an odd-looking ‘Tweet’. Populated simply by dozens of ’emojis’, the tweet made clear Alonso has had trouble sleeping, headaches, taken a lot of pills and been unable to train.

Well, this is no surprise, and it was discussed on the forum right after crash. I am not a medical doctor, but one dosen't need a medical degree to figure out that our bodies take only limited amount of abuse, before damage is permanent. His condition may affect him maybe longer than just for next a few days. I hope he recovers.

That's the thing with drivers like alonso,schumi and such, they don't have many accidents but when they do, there massive, I remember schumi saying similar things after his huge shunt in spa 1996. Accidents like alonso's would be upwards of over 20g I would think and that's over 20 times your own body weight, huge impact to take. I think fernando's last big shunt was Brazil 2003 after webber's huge crash. Correct me if Iam wrong but that was a beuty as well. That's got me thinking, Vettel has never had a huge accident yet has he?

Alonso crushed in 2015 pre-season, and it is rumored (and denied) he was out for 3 full days. Neurological condition of course was never disclosed, but there was a lot of speculation about it.

Yeah he was electrocuted by the ers system, that's what caused the accident, the burn mark on the side of the car in line with the head proved that. He was unconscious before the accident.

McLaren never really explained in public what happened.

Of course not, then they would be open to all sorts of investigations, got me buggered how people believe the first thing they read. From what I've been told and by someone who has actually worked in the pitlane with a championship winning team is very little truth is told about anything and most is kept tight lipped to avoid any necessary media and fia investigations. Same as any government around the world, all isn't what it seems, only "sheeple" belejve every word. The word "conspiracy" was invented by them to cover there own a$$, it's clear as day if you look at it from another perspective.

Unanswered question now is, whether FiA medical representative should examine Alonso with aim to determine his fitness to race, without endangering his peers (by potentially loosing control over his vehicle due to sudden dizziness or similar causes).

RBR sounds like they are after mounting challenge to Ferrari. Obviously then pace of Ferrari didn't make enough of impression upon them.

Will be interesting to see how the grid lines up but I wouldn't write off a merc front row lockout by 0.5+. I've had a feeling for ages they've got a cr@p ton of performance stashed away somewhere for use when needs be.will be close behind though even williams could be a spanner in the works if they get the set up right

FOM has nice feature added to a race details. I am not sure if this is new this year, or it was there already last year, but I notice it only now, that one can download event time table, which integrates seamlessly with my calendar. It took just a moment and job was done. I like it. I use BusyCal - Today + next 7 days view, and everything - means 5 events - are nicely in proper time slots, as it should be.

I'll wait to make my predictions at this race I think :)

Just read a story with nico rosberg saying Ferrari is breathing down there necks and he sounded quite worried but I wasn't sure if I bought it. Do you think Mercedes are genuinely worried about the pace of Ferrari or is it just mind games and we will see just how far ahead they still are? What's your thoughts?

I think he speaks like he feels, regardless of anything else. The Start at Melbourne must somewhat shake him.

I know redbull say the car is faster but it's the long straights that will cause the biggest damage so I think it will be the two Mercedes and to Ferrari's at front.

GPToday - Alonso after crash

Well, this is no surprise, and it was discussed on the forum right after crash. I am not a medical doctor, but one doesn't need a medical degree to figure out that our bodies take only limited amount of abuse, before damage is permanent. His condition may affect him maybe longer than just for next a few days. I hope he recovers.

Alonso is a subject of medical pre-race check-up (today).

Alonso is a subject of medical pre-race check-up (today).

I won't race if I were him. One unexpected bump and he's done !